• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rm-3d... In Translation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I assume the rtp won't be needed and it will be packaged like rmxp...

I had a look at some of the charasets on that site and I'm not sure that they're using actual 3d models.. I think they may be doing some kind of a picture wrap or something... Why else would they have those charasets there???
    I am slightly confused, everything is so cloak-and-dagger.. Why can't someone actually explain (in english) how they will be doing it...

If the charasets aren't 3d models then you guys all know we will have to be extra skilled at making charasets. We will not only have to get everything lined up for picture wrap, but we will have to make the actual picture look 3d...
    Quite a workload if you ask me...

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • yep it is gonna be extra difficult to make charsets but i reckon someone will bring a program out to make them a lot easier like they have done for the previous rpg makers so i wouldn't get too stressed about it.

Years
  • I tend to get quite stressed about a lot of things.. We will eventually see what happens, I just don't like waiting for something so good.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • yeah i know what you mean. it's gonna be difficult though to start learning rm-3d as well as continue to use rm2k3 for our other games.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • yep and we can help each other out. when i first started using rm98 i didn't know about all of these help sites so i had to learn everyhting myself from the help file, which was difficult.

Years
  • I taught myself to use rm2k with no knowledge of programming. I made a few crappy games then looked at a whole heap of other ones to learn stuff about coding

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • i tried using tutorials for all the complicated stuff but i just got confused and kept forgetting what to do so i opened up some games and memorised their stuff like cms's etc so that i knew exactly what to do without any help and that has now stuck with me.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I think I heard that it was about 48 percent done last time I visited the site.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, if you're asking me I'd choose RM XP. I'm more into 2D games and anyway, if I'd like to make a game in 3D I'd rather use C++ and direct X. However, that doesn't mean that I'm not awaiting this translation to come out.

Years
  • It's actually called 3DRPGE (3D Role Playing Game Editor)
    And it's not made by enterbrain although I have heard some rumours like that, it is being made by a company called Hitpoints.
    One translation which seems to be updated now and then is found at this website: https://rpgdt.cjb.net/
    The forum which hosts downloads of the partially translated RM3D is found here.
    The topic can be found through the site, but I just put the link here for you :)

Colt

L33+ c0|\/|m4Nd0
    Years
  • Indeed the program looks nice, But it's pretty hard to actually use and work with it.
    Japanees isn't my strongest language :P

Gess I'll be waiting for a completely translated version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2005
    Why RPG3D might not work

For the people above who are wondering why RPG Maker 3D doesn't work on their machines could be, that it doesn't work on XP. I have read somewhere on the internet that RPG Maker 3D is unable to work in XP. I have run it myself on XP Pro and the screens and stuff come up, but I cannot edit the game, as it has a DLL problem, if you are not running XP and it doesn't work, then I do not know the solution. I will try it on XP Home and 98 in the coming days.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    Hmmm...
    all sities doesnt work for me.
    i am have Rm3d but dont know how use them :D

Thanks Matt;)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Bumping threads more than a month old is against the rules. As far as I can remember, nobody has tried RM-3D on this board anyway.

*Closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back