• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON REVENGE OF THE KARP {V1.0.1.2}/ POKEMON SPLASHING EM TO DEATH {V4,3,4}

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2023
    Hello,

I am currently in the work of what i would consider as creating one of the "WORST" Mods ever.

The general premise is:
    EVERY SINGLE pokemon is replaced with Magikarp.

POKEMON REVENGE OF THE KARP {V1.0.1.2}/ POKEMON SPLASHING EM TO DEATH {V4,3,4}

I am also looking for Feedback and help, with some minor scripting parts for the game.
    There will be 2 versions one will be the easier one, and one will be the Truly impossible version.

Since both versions are Quite similar, i will make a list of what need to be done/ is already done for both.
    Pokemon Splashing em to death.
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Revenge of the Karp
    Spoiler:

Q/A
    Spoiler:

If you wish to help please post a comment down below, with your skills and what you like to do.
    If the position has not been filled yet, you will be invited to the discord, that is used to discuss this and future mods.
    The MOD {Splash only/EASY version} {current version}

Patch Log
    Spoiler:

The rom file needed is Fire red {USA} {not sure which exact rom number}

Attachments

• magikarp edition 4,3.1 splash only.bps
      6.1 KB · Views: 11
    • magikarp edition 4,3.3 splash only.bps
      6.3 KB · Views: 16
    • magikarp edition 1.0.0.1 impossible.ips
      31.2 KB · Views: 5
    • 1636 magikarp edition 1.0.0.4 impossible .ips
      30 KB · Views: 6
    • 16336 magikarp edition 1.0.1.2 impossible .ips
      32.7 KB · Views: 15
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    do i download this magikarp edition 4,3.1 splash only.bps to play the game?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2023
    do i download this magikarp edition 4,3.1 splash only.bps to play the game?

Updated Q&A.

also there is a Newer version V4.3.3

If you find anything bugged please report it here using spoiler tags so the page will not be miles long at once.
    to report the bugs please give as much information like:
    Trainer pokemon if applied
    Wild pokemon if applied
    Static pokemon if applied.

please read the small changelog for more info

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2022
    Hey darknessblade. It's me Zonic! I finally got around to playing the improved version of the non-impossible Magikarp mod and it was a blast. I did a YouTube video to showcase it a little bit. Can't attach a link until i made 5 posts which is bs but whatever post this after youtube dot com: watch?v=ycr_VYcqrh0& . All in all this was really fun. The only thing I would improve on, would be to somehow have the other Magikarp actual damaging moves so that you have to be smarter about this. Also Beauty Grace on Route 15 still has her original team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2023
    Hey darknessblade. It's me Zonic! I finally got around to playing the improved version of the non-impossible Magikarp mod and it was a blast. I did a YouTube video to showcase it a little bit. Can't attach a link until i made 5 posts which is bs but whatever post this after youtube dot com: watch?v=ycr_VYcqrh0& . All in all this was really fun. The only thing I would improve on, would be to somehow have the other Magikarp actual damaging moves so that you have to be smarter about this. Also Beauty Grace on Route 15 still has her original team.

Great video.
    Will check upon those improvements soon.
    Will take about a few days running a script to add attacking moves. {since i have to alter over 700+ trainers}

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2023
    Sure thing. I'll check back in a while. Maybe i'll do an updated version!

Made the newer version, "Returned the attacks to magikarp, for the added difficulty"
    To make it harder for the player i changed the location of the Move deleter to viridian city. so its easier to Remove them before Fushia, {the warp in Fushia is also GONE}
    This can be a temporarily fix, so i don't have to alter Hundreds of Pokemon trainers

Last edited:
    Back