• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Healing through a new adventure

Years
  • Hello, there. *waves*

I'm brand new to the world of Pokemon (but at 43 -- not to the world of gaming!)

I lost my father on April 11th of this year. He was very ill for the final year and a half of his life. My sister and I managed his care. It has felt like such a void since he passed.

On a whim, I picked up Pokemon Ultra Moon for my 2DS XL a couple of weeks ago and was immediately enchanted by sunny Alola. It has helped me keep my mind off of my grief and given me something fun and light to focus on.

So far, I've put 40 hours into the game and I still haven't completed the story.

I look forward to the adventures to come and to the new people I'll meet.

:)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I'm glad that game helped you out. I also find focusing on new opportunities after the bad is the best way to move on. Turn it into a positive however you can.

I hope you enjoy your time here and become a part of the community.

She

is home
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    Welcome to the forum :)
    I'm sorry to hear about your father, I'm glad that game helped you out. Feel free to chat around with people here. I'm sure they be gladly to be your friends and myself too xD Anyway, enjoy your time and stick around with us always.

See ya around!

Years
  • I lost my father on April 11th of this year. He was very ill for the final year and a half of his life. My sister and I managed his care. It has felt like such a void since he passed.

So sorry to hear. ;.; Must have been so extremely difficult...I cannot imagine going through something like this, ever. Really happy knowing Alola made you happy though, especially as someone who really does love that region. Welcome to PC and please do ask us if you need help.♡

Back