• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mystery Dungeons and Dragons!

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeons and Dragons!
    This is a forum-style table-top adaptation of one of my favorite things in the whole world! Without a doubt this rp is my favorite creation that I have ever made! I'm running it on another forum but why not here as well!?

Mystery Dungeons and Dragons is a play on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Dungeons and Dragons. Pulling from both mediums it is a table top game that utilizes dice, numbers, and the creative imagination of its players and game master!

To play this game you RP as a pokemon who lives in a medieval world. What you want to do isn't limited to Attack, Item, Pokemon, or Run. You are allowed to choose what you want to do at any given moment!

This is an interest check!
    So that means I want to know if anyone in the community is willing to play!

Just post here saying that you'd like to enter!

FAQ
    Q: What pokemon are allowed?
    A: As a general rule I start the game with all characters at level 10 of their lowest evolutionary line (baby evolution optional). So that means Rilou, Pikachu, Charmander etc. I will let you know of any other restrictions such as type or egg group.

Q: What D&D version will you be using?
    A: I MADE MY OWN!!!!! But don't let that stop you from joining. This game is meant for very little interaction with numbers for the players as possible! The goal is for the characters to RP then roll dice if need be!

Q: Where can I find your rule set?
    A: I won't be posting it unless you absolutely want to learn! It's a long read of simple mechanics all meant to "dumb down" while adding pokemon elements into the game.

Q: Will certain pokemon be better with certain classes?
    A: Yes! I've incorporated Base Stats into character creation meaning that a Mewtwo will be WAY STRONG as a Sorcerer or Wizard while a bit terrible as a Fighter.

Q: Speaking of Classes what are you offering?
    A: Cleric, Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Druid, Sorcerer, and Wizard. Class features are meant to further divide the classes into subclasses later in the game so if you wanted to be a CRAZY BERSERK BARBARIAN then you'd pick fighter and go with it! These classes ARE NOT duplicates of any existing versions. They are all unique in that regard.

Q: What D&D mechanics are you using? It can't be that easy to dumb it down!
    A: I'm using a bunch! But the 5e Advantages and Backgrounds play a big roll.

Q: Levels, how are you doing level 100 pokemon in a 1-20 setting?
    A: Well it was a simple decision, I'm keeping 100 levels so that pokemon moves and evolution are not upset by the D&D levels. However, Class Powers appear at levels which are multiples of 5 so it's actually like 100 divided by 5. It's confusing if you think about it but that's why I don't want the players to worry about the numbers!

Q: Will you make the characters for us?
    A: YES! I actually would like to handle the creation of the stats instead of the players. Not only will you be more easily thrown into the game but this also means you're not fully aware of your stats and would be more willing to try solving puzzles and enter combat.

Q: I don't have time to learn an entire new game.
    A: That's fine! Your only difficulties will be finding time to post!

Q: Do I need to know anything about Mystery Dungeon or D&D?
    A: NOPE! The rule set and plot are NOT from either of those two things. I write the story myself -and while I may draw ideas from other places- it's not a clone copy and you should not need any knowledge of other mediums to participate. But considering you are in a pokemon forum one would think you understand that at least!!!

Q: Do I need to be good at table top games?
    A: haha no! I run this game with 75% D&D-Noobies and 25% played-D&D-once players. I AM TOOOOTALLY willing to help you no matter what issue arrises!

Q: So you ran this already?
    A: I'm currently running this with another party on another forum. But there's no new people and I always want to keep new players joining. Besides, I've got plenty of time for all my rps. I generally have too much free time.

Q: Can I ask another question?
    A: YESS! I am always ready for questions.

Years
  • *sigh* I'm in too many RPs already right now...alright, if you make this, I'll join!

I've always been curious as to how well this would actually work. Fanfiction type roleplaying as well as including dice rolling, levels, and other mechanics like D&D. So if you get enough interest, I'll commit myself to it :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    *sigh* I'm in too many RPs already right now...alright, if you make this, I'll join!

I've always been curious as to how well this would actually work. Fanfiction type roleplaying as well as including dice rolling, levels, and other mechanics like D&D. So if you get enough interest, I'll commit myself to it :D

Yaaaaaay! Do you have any ideas about a level 10, non-legendary pokemon you would like to play? Or anything about a D&D class?

Years
  • Hmm, I don't know what pokemon I would pick, but I've always loved rogues...although being a typical womanizing bard is always good for a laugh too! :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    Rogues and Bards are pretty great! Both are heavy on skills but Bard is more supportive than Rogue and Rogue is more damage dealing than bard.

Good pokemon for Rogue: anything with high Speed and Attack such as Sneasel.
    Good pokemon for Bard: anything with all around good stats such as Eevee and Ditto.

Years
  • Well, I've always enjoyed D&D, and being a Pokemon is always fun. I generally like playing big brutish warriors or clever tricksy mages. But I've got plenty of brutes in other games, so if this happens I'll gladly play a sorcerer.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    Well, I've always enjoyed D&D, and being a Pokemon is always fun. I generally like playing big brutish warriors or clever tricksy mages. But I've got plenty of brutes in other games, so if this happens I'll gladly play a sorcerer.

Sweet! The Sorcercer is a Smarts heavy class. So any pokemon with a high Special Attack base stat would do wonders such as Abra. (Teleport alone is actually useful!)

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    The moment I read the title, I was like "yes, Yes, YES, YEESSS!" If this becomes a thing, I am totally joining.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • D&D style dice rolling slowing down an already slow format. Is the other format as slow as pokecommunity at posting, usually?

Back