• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Original World] Biddenfore

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years

• INTRODUCTION

Spoiler:

Welcome to a bizarre place known as Biddenfore. It's a big island situated to the east of North America, though ironically humans rarely ever even plan to visit. The people here also aren't exactly...normal by humans' standards. However, the air, water, and land are quite clean and fresh.

As time passes, we will gather more information about this mysterious island. One of Biddenfore's leading scientists, Dr. Quito, will help us on our journey to uncover more about it, its history, people, culture, language, many other things, and most importantly, why humans will almost never visit.

Side comment - This is the first time I'm pitching an idea I've had for years formally. If I were to create a TV show, this is where it would take place.

Comments are appreciated, except on improving the quality of the picture above, because of...time constraints.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years

• GEOGRAPHY OF BIDDENFORE

Biddenfore is mainly divided into two halves: Western Biddenfore and Eastern Biddenfore (separated by the thick jagged line in the middle, except Sylvan). Western Biddenfore is mostly arid and rocky, while Eastern Biddenfore is cold and surrounded with water. The border that separates them is called the "Biddenforian Border" (not named in the picture).

Now, Dr. Quito will tell us some facts about Biddenfore's different regions.

"OK, first off, we have Jamungos and Perlos, the two regions that make up Biddenfore's center. They share Biddenfore's capital city, named Mineros. They don't have very notable differences from each other, and they are normally around 28°C. They are filled with urban areas.

Next, on to Western Biddenfore. Pakleo, which is to the north of Jamungos, is mostly composed of savannas and dry fields. It's Biddenfore's primary source of wheat.

Next, Contorie is a craggy area which is quite rocky, though humanoid intervention has converted most of it to cities and other rural areas. It has many caves, and provides most of Biddenfore's minerals for usage.

Clesa is mostly hot and dry. There are quite a few urban areas in here, though they are quite progressive. It has some of Biddenfore's famous tourist spots (though around only fifty people can agree it's a good tourist spot).

Rubius has volcanoes and mountains scattered around it, and a few hot springs. Geothermal power plants are usually found here.

Kerlan is a coastal area, and is mostly sandy. However, due to frequent eruptions of a nearby volcano from Rubius, some of its beaches are filled with glass.

Rogeo is very spacious, and barely any urban areas develop here. Due to this, there is lots of space to extract minerals.

Quapla is Biddenfore's most earthquake- and tsunami-prone area. However, it's the least prone to tornadoes and hurricanes, for some reason.

Cliffige is like Biddenfore's Grand Canyon: due to frequent erosion, it was shaped into a marvelously fantastic tourist spot.

Next, on to Eastern Biddenfore. To Perlos's north is Osea, Biddenfore's widest area. It is a favorable place for destination due to its wildlife. Its beaches are colder than most beaches.

Glasius is one of Biddenfore's coldest areas, and is quite blizzard-prone. Due to this, urbanization is almost completely absent.

Sapphon is abundant with mountains, just like Rubius, except that they are snowy. It is also plentiful in lakes and rivers.

Pelgo is a favorable spot for fishing. Due to its neverending fish supply and diversity, people come here often to catch fish.

Swosh is named so after pirates accidentally wandered into it. It has a rich gold and silver supply, though its remaining supply is protected by law.

Salbrine is hotter than most areas in Eastern Biddenfore, and geysers appear often. It rains most of the time here.

Lapongo is partially named after its supply of- you guessed it- lapis lazuli. However, most Biddenforians find no use for lapis lazuli, leaving it quite open for mining.

Lanzuli is also rich in lapis lazuli, but most of it has been mined by due to special programs of some sort. Many cities thrive here.

Bergulf is a very desolated place due to its unusually cold climate, second in desolation only to Glasius. Its most notable feature is its abundance in ice floes.

While Biddenfore does indeed have many beaches, Biddenfore Beach is dubbed the best of the beaches. According to many Biddenforians, and even humans, it is the most recommended for a vacation.

Sylvan is the only area not affected by the Biddenforian Border, due to the countless dangers that appear there, waiting to destroy anything that interferes with their territories. It is mainly made up of forests.

Also, you see that light blue line that flows through most of Biddenfore? That is called Terapotamus, from the Greek words meaning "huge" and "river". It is Biddenfore's largest river, and meets every region of Biddenfore.

Next, B'loch (pronounced Buh-lok). Ahh, my birthplace. It would've been so great to live in, if only it weren't for its disproportionate population compared to B'loch's small size. B'loch comes from the Biddenforian word meaning "pink", as the color pink is very abundant there. B'loch has quite some history with Biddenfore.

Xenofaun, to Biddenfore's northwest, is a mostly undiscovered area that comes from "xeno-", meaning foreign, and "fauna", due to its bizarre animals. It is considered the most primitive area in Biddenfore's domain, as it has rarely been traveled. Almost all species here, even plants, are critically endangered.

Also, as mentioned earlier, Biddenfore is located at America's east. It is currently not part of any continent, though its modern culture and location make it lean towards being a North American country.

As an added fact, the only way to travel Biddenfore by plane is to use a private vehicle. Take care when you travel to Biddenfore. The reason? To be revealed soon."

Side comment - Biddenfore was originally going to be shaped like a skull, then I thought of giving it a boat-like shape. Then, time passed and I thought it should stay like this.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years

• PEOPLE AND RACES OF BIDDENFORE

Now, on to another very crucial part of Biddenfore: its people! It's quite complicated, so I'll let Dr. Quito do the work.

"Hmm, well, the people here are extremely diverse. So diverse, they look almost completely different. While many kinds of people are on Biddenfore, there are some major races, the most common ones.

First, monochromes. They are named so because their hair and skin share the same color palette: i.e. pink skin with slightly darker pink hair. The males and females are quite different from each other: males can turn their hair into spikes and project them, while females generally have large hairs they can utilise like tentacles. They have an average lifespan of 60 years. Each color represents a different ability humans cannot attain, i.e. a red monochrome being able to harness fire.

Next,
    Androphytus, the scientific term for s'floromo (floromo, singular), derived from the Greek words meaning "human" and "plant". As their name suggests, they have a human-like body structure, but generally have plant-like features and abilities, like green skin and photosynthesis. They have varying lifespans, ranging from 40 to 1000+ years.

And the final major race,
    Androanimalis, who are similar to s'floromo, except that they have animal-like features, and they are named s'fonomo (fonomo, singular). Take me for example. I may have a human's body structure, but I have six limbs and a proboscis! Anyway, like s'floromo, s'fonomo have varying lifespans ranging from 20 to even 200!

However, those aren't the only races. Here are some other people who inhabit Biddenfore, B'loch, and/or Xenofaun.

Dragonoids are Xenofaunian creatures who are like s'fonomo, but are in reality a completely different species. They have skin as tough as a dragon's, and some can breathe fire or frost! A more primitive subspecies of a dragonoid as been observed: it has the legs of a raptor, long claws, thick foreheads, and near-vestigial wings. They're hardier than their modern counterparts, but they're less immune. A dragonoid's average lifespan is 100 years. Sadly, like most Xenofaunian life, they are almost extinct, and only five (two more from revived DNA, totalling seven) individuals are confirmed living.

S'fungomo are less frequent than their animal- and plant-like counterparts. They have fungus-like attributes, and have a lifespan of around 45 years. They smell bad and I don't like them.

Galactic beings have also been observed in Biddenfore. They are characterised by levitating heads that aren't connected to their body, and their resemblance to celestial bodies. They are biologically immortal and cannot die of disease, though they can die of pain. One example of a galactic being is my rival, Prof. Galae. Ugh. That guy."

Unfortunately, Dr. Quito isn't giving us direct answers as to whether or not the people are the reason humans rarely visit. So...I guess we should wait some more.

Side comment - Of all the species mentioned here, monochromes and dragonoids are my favorite ones.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years

• CULTURE OF BIDDENFORE

Ready for another one, Dr. Quito?

"I most certainly am.

One huge staple of Biddenforian culture is the people's lack of tolerance for discrimination against another Biddenforian. In fact, centuries ago, some Biddenforians would be executed for uttering or displaying discrimination, be it about race, gender, or something else. Because of this, all Biddenforians are allowed to participate anywhen. For example, there are no men's tournaments in sports, or all-boys schools, so you can usually see Biddenforian boys and girls playing the same game of soccer or basketball. Nowadays, if any sexism, racism, or any other discrimination is heard or seen, it is obligatory for someone to slap the discriminator's back.

...OK. Racism is allowed, to a certain degree, as obviously some races are better than others in some qualities, so they have their own leagues (or use handicaps to be qualified for games, sports, and other similar things).

Like all cultures, Biddenfore's as its own set of holidays, like June 19, 2000, the year Biddenfore was finally split into two major areas, and Queen Athena Day, held every second Wednesday of October, to commemorate Queen Athena's achievements which have shaped up Biddenfore to what it is now. Another example is the two-day-long holiday called Liberation Day, held on June 10-11, to commemorate their liberation from Alexander the Great's army.

Also, we Biddenforians have a special tradition wherein everyone who turns thirteen has a special party known as a
    rupasa, literally "age with responsibility" in Biddenforian, as being a teen comes with many responsibilities.

It also embraces some North American culture, having some of its holidays, food, and methods of communication. Fun fact: a common (I think) Biddenforian stereotype is that they do the most bizarre things in US media.

I guess that's all I gotta say for now."

Still no hint on the eerie lack of humans?

Alright.

Side comment - I thought of most of this as I was typing it now. Even the discrimination one, which I thought of before writing this, was only thought about in depth just now.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years

• BIDDENFORIAN HISTORY

One of my favorite topics of Biddenfore, Dr. Quito will now explain to us how Biddenfore became what it is now.

"Millions of years ago, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, an early "country drift" occurred, creating a small landmass separate from the others. This was what became Biddenfore. The species then evolved into more bizarre creatures than the dinosaurs we know, slowly evolving to present day Biddenfore's life.

Centuries BCE, an attempt to discover Biddenfore (named Απαγο, Apago at the time) was mentioned in Homer's Odysseus. While most people were afraid to even swim near that area due to its implications in said epic, involving sea monsters and terrible storms, Alexander the Great, one of the best military generals, took this as a challenge and brought many strong warriors with him (though it is still disputed how he even managed to get there). Despite the Biddenforians' ehanced abilities, they were quite weak compared to Alexander's army. Biddenfore then became a Greek colony. Alexander, quite boldly, traveled back to give the news (again, his method of transportation is unknown). Greek colonization saw many changes to Biddenforian culture, like their religion, language, and currency. After Alexander's death, Biddenfore was free from Greek colonization.

For a brief time, 67 BCE, Romans also visited Biddenfore, almost unsuccessfully. They decided to take refuge in Biddenfore and teach Biddenforians the Latin alphabet, which is the standard alphabet we use in our language.

Around 870-969, many tyrants and despots reigned over Biddenfore. As mentioned before, Biddenforians would be executed for discrimination. One notable tyrant was Eunika the Terrible, known not only for the sharp horn on her head, but also the terror she brought upon her subjects. She took feudalism to the extreme, claiming every part of Biddenfore as her land. At this time, Biddenforian plebes would wear
    s'gena, to represent their rank. She was also prone to episodes of rage, threatening to even kill anyone who wouldn't follow her orders.

Around 971, Biddenfore's hundred-year suffering (a Biddenforian absolute monarch had a reign of twenty years) of tyrannic rule, Queen Athena took the regal position, removing laws she deemed terrible to toning down the penalty for breaking a law. Due to the niceness she displayed to her subjects, Biddenforians pleaded her to stay in her position for ten more years.

During her reign, an exiled Englishman from feudal England, named Excilius, coincidentally, washed up on Biddenforian Beach. According to legend, Queen Athena could speak any language, which is what made Biddenforians the English-speakers we are now. Excilius also taught Biddenforians about English law. With this, the Biddenforian Parliament was made.

Around 1657, pirates unknowingly ended up in Swosh, Biddenfore, afterwards raiding most of its gold and silver after they discovered they had such a rich supply. Because of this, Swosh's current mineral stash is now protected by law in case another pirate comes to take it.

At 1809, after Meriwether Lewis passed away, Thomas Jefferson told William Clark about a final exploration he had planned for them. Because Lewis died, Jefferson offered Clark a new partner: Bartholomew Kent, to Biddenfore (still known as Apago that time), starting the Clark and Kent expedition. The expedition was fruitful, and Apago (then named Biddenfore as part of Jefferson's request) was in harmony with North America, being influenced by some of their culture.

At 1867, Biddenfore then participated in what was called The Great Nomenclature. After realizing that Biddenforians lacked surnames, President Marcus (President, given last name) gave Biddenforians the opportunity to have their own surnames. Biddenforians then weren't creative, so it's not rare finding someone with a surname as funny as "Puffer". If Biddenforians didn't participate, they would instead be given the surname "so Biddenfore", meaning "from Biddenfore".

Among the most recent historical events of Biddenfore was the B'loch-Biddenfore War, 1967. As I mentioned before, B'loch is suffering from overpopulation. However, Biddenfore didn't get the message and simply assumed B'loch wanted more power. Unfortunately, Biddenfore won.

Ten years before present day, the Biddenfore Civil War happened, which was between General Courtney Walmond and General Gaston Mammus. After refusing to accept their losses, they decided to call a truce and split Biddenfore into Eastern and Western Biddenfore (except Sylvan)."

Still no hint?

Or was I overlooking?

Side comment - I thought this was gonna be fun.

It kinda wasn't.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years

• CIVILIZATION AND ARCHITECTURE

Dr. Quito?

"Fine.

On to civilization first.

Biddenforian civilization has changed quite a lot (apart from borrowing cultures from other nationalities). Before, Biddenforians made groups composed of only the same species to give order. However, as of now their true goal is unknown. On an unrelated note, Biddenforians often worshipped animals out of pity.

Currently, Biddenforians are less civilized than humans (according to humans themselves), partially because of their diet. However, many Biddenforians exhibit a calm demeanor when they encounter humans, particularly our president. Also, most Biddenforian groups, or
    s'mago, are made of different species, and mostly their purpose is to bond with each other. However, some s'mago are still made up of the same species, like the Mago Ice and Mago Blaze, two enemy forces who try to alter Biddenfore's temperature.

Also, despite the border that separates them, Western and Eastern Biddenforians get along quite well. Heck, even B'lochians get along with them, despite their history! Everyone's connected...except Xenofaunians and Sylvanians.

Now, on to architecture.

Before, Biddenforians would build structures made out animal bones, as a sacrifice to a god. They would also make buildings out of clay and marble, and they would have designs of a particular animal in them, as a symbol of where the builder came from. For example, a builder from Rogeo would design a scorpion in a building he made. Here's a catch: If you find a house, make sure it has your coat of arms (as I said before, an animal) in Old Biddenfore.

Biddenforians often worked alone when building, and because of this, it would take a year to build something. Biddenforian structures would often take on bizarre geometrical concepts, like a building that resembles a sphere (called a bala), or even a fellow Biddenforian (called a synanthra). The latter was a sign of affection or camaraderie, and the former was only for entertainment. They also used the types of columns Greeks and Romans used.

Nowadays, Biddenforian architecture has been drastically simplified. Their buildings are the bare minimum of whatever purpose it serves. However, cell towers, TV antennae, satellites, and the likes are as intricate as possible."

Dr. Quito? Why do humans never visit? ...fine.

Side comment - I was totally not ready for this. The description is noticeably shorter than the others.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years

• ECONOMY OF BIDDENFORE

Do we have to do this?

"Yes."

Ugh...

"Let's talk about Biddenfore's standard currency, the Biddenforian dollar (formerly, it was the drachma).

It's worth three fourths a dollar. The coins are basically the same as US dollar coins, except that morsels (to be concisely discussed later) are made up of copper. The bills are green, and made out of tree fibers and linen. In coins, they come in pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and the occasional morsel (half a Biddenforian dollar). In bills, they come in values of 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, and 200.

The designs are slightly harder to discuss.

Pennies have Courtney Walmond on their head, and the Biddenforian flag at the tail (which all coins and bills have). Nickels have General Mammus, dimes have President President (discussed before), quarters have Bartholomew Kent, and morsels have William Clark. Bills don't really contain anyone's face on them, as Biddenfore doesn't have many heroes. Instead, they feature an intricate illustration of a Biddenforian or B'lochian landmark, and the back shows a famous building among Biddenforians. Biddenforians use their currency as normally as any other civilian, though there is one thing that they don't use money for, though other people do...

...animals...unless it's their meat for sale. Yes, we Biddenforians and B'lochians despise the very thought of selling animals, as we think it's inhumane, or in our case, inhumanoid. Another thing regarding animals, but not economy: no zoos. Just reserves. Even cows or chickens should not be for sale where we live (unless there's a shipping fee, which is usually quite high). Now, I know what you're thinking: how do farmers make a living? Simple: they get paid for taking care of animals in the first place.

Before, they used drachma, like the Greek do. Before that, they would pay in lapis lazuli, but that went out of practice since the Greek expedition.

Biddenfore, by the way, has a free-market economy, thankfully."

You done? Nothing else? ...alright.

Side comment - This got less and less interesting as I wrote it. I don't really like economics.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Adam Levine

Years

• HIERARCHY, POWER, AND GOVERNANCE

"Hello, everyone!

Now, on to the high positions. Ugh...

Biddenfore was mostly a monarchy for such a time. Biddenforian kings and queens would govern the place, just like regular rulers do. This was then abolished in 1809.

Now, Biddenfore (along with B'loch) is a democracy. It elects presidents and vice presidents, and basically has the same political system USA has, with some alterations...

Presidents are elected every 10 years. That's right, ten, long, possibly grueling years. Also, we Biddenforians have a name for "street mayors"- s'mugal (pronounced myu-gal). They're like mayors, but they govern the streets for extra assertion.

As an extra fact, Biddenforian police do not automatically go to jail after committing a very serious offense; rather they are automatically fired as a warning. If a chief were to do so, they would be demoted in such a case."

Side comment - I wasn't ready for this, too.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023

HIERARCHY, POWER, AND GOVERNANCE

"Hello, everyone!

Now, on to the high positions. Ugh...

Biddenfore was mostly a monarchy for such a time. Biddenforian kings and queens would govern the place, just like regular rulers do. This was then abolished in 1809.

Now, Biddenfore (along with B'loch) is a democracy. It elects presidents and vice presidents, and basically has the same political system USA has, with some alterations...

Presidents are elected every 10 years. That's right, ten, long, possibly grueling years. Also, we Biddenforians have a name for "street mayors"- s'mugal (pronounced myu-gal). They're like mayors, but they govern the streets for extra assertion.

As an extra fact, Biddenforian police do not automatically go to jail after committing a very serious offense; rather they are automatically fired as a warning. If a chief were to do so, they would be demoted in such a case.

Side comment - I wasn't ready for this, too.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Oh that's interesting about the police! I guess it's not a terribly rare concept, but you don't see it often. If one of my guards commited a crime, they would probably be fired AND serve a sentence :P

Adam Levine

Years

• RELIGION AND COSMOLOGY

Oh, boy! What do Biddenforians and B'lochians believe in, Dr. Quito?

"Biddenforians way back in the day were animists. They would worship everything around them, from plants, to mosquitoes, to even the dirt.

Then, the Greeks arrived. Due to their heavy influence on Biddenfore, Biddenforians believed in the same gods Greeks did: Zeus, Poseidon, etc. However apparently gods do exist here... Hades, at least. He's an accomplished author with a tragic past. Don't judge him. He also went by the stage name Pluto when the Romans visited briefly.

Biddenforians would also stare up at the sky to find certain constellations, indicating a celebration. For example, if Biddenforians could spot Gemini in the night sky, that would mean two members of their mago (explained before) would perform a dance. Before, there would only be thirteen members in a mago (each with a special attribute).

Biddenforians were also philosophical. One notable Biddenforian philosopher was Nuwo (pronounced Nu-woh), who founded Nuwism, which states that the main goal of life is yet to be discovered, therefore contradicting with all other philosophies. Because of this his followers would even go as far to risk their lives just to know life's goal. He has some famous sayings, such as, "No kind of blade can stop hair from growing".

Nowadays, Biddenforians are like Americans in terms of religion: they don't boast it. Like Americans, they're mostly Protestants and Catholics, though a few are Rastafarians and Zoroastrianists."

That might be why humans never visit!

"Not even close."

Drat.

Side comment - Nuwo's famous saying- the one mentioned here- I made that months ago to understand how wise I was.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Interesting how the greeks inspired them.
    Although I think you meant Biddeforians instead of greeks one of the times.

Adam Levine

Years

• LANGUAGE OF BIDDENFORE

OK, Prof. Quito. Do your stuff!

"Very well.

Biddenforian, our native language, is our only original language- no dialects. Before, they also spoke Greek and Middle English. Nowadays, they speak Biddenforian and modern English.

Biddenforian is partially derived from Greek, and some of it was completely original. Sentence structure in Biddenforian is like English, but they don't use gender-specific pronouns.

An interesting fact about Biddenforian is that it doesn't use the "t" or "d" sounds, replacing them with the k and hard g ounds, respectively. For example, the word "badge" would sound like "bag-je (the j is pronounced like in the word "confusion), and the word "commence" would sound like "kum-menx". Here's an example of the Biddenforian accent at work:

"I like ko play baskekball".

"Simple."

Any examples of words Biddenforians use?

"Why, yes. Ku means "me", kup means "I", kug means "my" and "mine", and waku means "myself". If there isn't a consonant p or g, or the prefix wa- in a pronoun that means it's a personal pronoun. If it ends with p, it's subject, g, possessive, and wa-, intensive.

When pluralizing nouns or verbs, "s'" comes before them, in every scenario.

Now, on the verbs.

First, perfect tenses don't exist.

Next, when using a progressive tense, the verb ends with "pi" or "i" if the verb ends with a vowel or consonant sound, respectively. As for past tense, "wan" or "wa" is used in a similar manner pi and i do: depends on the consonant that follows, and for future tense, "ro" and "gero" are used instead of "will" and "shall", respectively.

Adverbs and adjectives are used in the same way English ones are.

I don't really have the time to select some good words from Biddenfore, so here are some random ones:

Krios- ice
    Pir- fire
    Gengro- tree
    Piskus- fish
    Wen- insect"

Side comment - I tried way too hard on the words, don't you think?

CSS by Lycanthropy

Adam Levine

Years

• BIDDENFORIAN FAUNA

Dr. Quito!

"Yes?"

We still have a lot to discuss.

"Of course we do.

First, prehistoric fauna. Biddenfore (when B'loch hadn't been formed then) was being roamed by dinosaurs, birds, insects, and many more. However, unlike other prehistoric species, they looked like something out of No Man's Sky. They just looked...strange. The stranger animals then migrated to what used to be Xenofaun, until it suddenly drifted off. Because of this, many animals in Xenofaun nowadays are quite diverse.

Present day, a few animals from anywhere else roam Biddenfore: livestock, cats, dogs, and the like. However, other domesticated species aren't exactly the same.

Dragon cats, or so they call them, are creatures with the same body structure as a cat, but are covered in scales and have a face plate to defend from other animals. S'kinof are dog-like creatures that have the power to move things from a small distance. How these two species came to be is unknown. What we do know, however, is that dragon cats are superior to s'kinof.

As for wild animals, Biddenfore is FULL of those. There are birds camouflaged to look like grass and flowers, crabs that are so cold, touching one will freeze you, and elephants that look slightly different from the ones you regularly see. Overall, Biddenfore is one of the most biologically diverse places."

Are humans afraid of these animals?

"Yes, but that's not why humans don't visit."

Side comment - Dragon cats, I love the most.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Adam Levine

Years

• BIDDENFORIAN FLORA AND CUISINE

Oh... Alright!

"Here's one of the most delicious parts in this entire discussion. (licks lips)

Biddenforian flora is quite diverse. It is home to many flowers, trees, and vegetation that are usually found exclusively in one place, like the rafflesia. The crops, however, are mostly the same as the ones you humans use. Other plants that thrive in Biddenfore include the saguaro cactus, the abaca tree, and the corpse flower. A few species of Biddenforian flora are also endemic to Biddenfore: a subspecies of cabbages that are extremely poisonous, vines that apparently have their own will to move about, and ferns whose seeds can explode.

Now, on to the food.

Biddenforian meals usually consist of fruits, vegetables, and meat, all together in one dish. A notable example is the traditional ragon, which consists of pumpkins, raisins, peanut butter sauce, a fried segra (a fish native to Biddenfore, which is quite delicious), carrots, and potatoes.

However, some Biddenforians are vegan, so there must've been some time we thought of a traditional vegan dish, right? Yup. We have a romun, which is made up of lettuce, tomatoes, cabbages, and nuts. Our treat!

And for meat-eaters, we have puruk, which is made up of steaks.

Fun fact: Biddenforians before would want the animals to be as "dignified" as possible, so they would usually eat them live."

That's...something.

Side comment - Two topics! Hurray! I was unprepared for these two.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Adam Levine

Years

• TECHNOLOGY OF BIDDENFORE

Ooh! Does sci-fi stuff come real in Biddenfore?

"Sort of.

While most common technology in Biddenfore matches that of the rest of the world's, we have already brought fossil revival (only of specimens that have died for up to 500+ years), robots with feelings, and much more to life. My rival Prof. Galae is one of Biddenfore's leading scientists, and wants to become the first intergalactic being to receive a Nobel prize. In his dreams.

Sometimes, we take technology to the extreme. We have once attempted to create our own chimera, and it sorta backfired. Now there's a chimera on the loose... Ignore that!

We also use technology to simulate the abilities of other beings. It's kind of a work in progress, but hey. It works. What else...? We've also created a device that gradually pulls the lands of B'loch and Biddenfore together. We once thought of merging said land with Xenofaun, but our plans have been denied due to Xenofaun's residents being critically endangered.

Overall, our technology is awesome."

It looks like Dr. Quito's just explaining to us his daily life! (laughs nervously after hearing about the chimera)

Side comment - At least one robot will be a very important character in my TV series in production.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Adam Levine

Years

• MAGIC AND FASHION OF BIDDENFORE

So...magic first?

"Indeed.

While we Biddenforians strongly abhor magic, our very existence has led humans to think that we were created by sorcery. Basically, magic doesn't exist.

Except in magic shows and stuff like that.

On to fashion!

A huge trend in Biddenforian clothing is Mana Wear. Founded by 1983, Mana Wear is a company that produces sweaters (with hoodies) with a wide variety. Purple? Turtleneck? XXXL? Two-head? We got one. They also produce jeans and shoes, though the sweaters are all the rage.

Before, Biddenforians found wearing anything purple fashionable. Even if it covers your entire body, or even if you're just wearing a bit. They considered purple the superior color that time, just like humans.

When it comes to hair, we Biddenforians love hair! Except me. I like being bald. While our varying hair colors and styles are mesmerizing, bowl cuts are what make the people satisfied. They also like short curly hair. In most fashion magazines, the main point is hair.

We Biddenforians don't describe acne, scars, tattoos, or birthmarks, etc. ugly. In fact, we applaud them. It makes you more different, so we like it.

Sunglasses also make you look cool. At least to the American-influenced Biddenforians. Wearing glasses here makes you just as cool. Anyone with glasses has half as likely to get bullied than those without glasses. It's science.

One last thing: uniforms. For students, the normal uniform is a sailor outfit. However, only some Biddenforians actually follow this dress code....but apparently some would even kill just to have a sailor outfit. We scientists have one thing in common: we wear lab gowns with long sleeves, green pants, and brown or black shoes. We especially like lab gowns."

So...Biddenforians have bad fashion sense? Is that why people don't visit?

"DO YOU WANT ME TO END THIS HALFWAY THROUGH?"

No, doctor.

Side comment - Ah. Another two in one! I once thought Biddenfore would have magic, but that would contradict with its more sci-fi approach. Also, I'm also kinda obsessed with Mana Wear too.

CSS by Lycanthropy

Back