• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shuckle's Revenge

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Been out for a while. Just starting to get back into shoddy battle. This team has been working pretty well, netting some kills where it really would not be expected. However, it does have some pretty big flaws.

213Shuckle.png

Shuckle @ leftovers
    Trait: Gluttony
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 10 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Encore
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Stealth Rock

Encore and lay stealth rock on the free turn if against an obvious stealth rocker or something like ninjask. Toxic and rest will be to cause small amounts of damage while recovering for some use later if needed. Common leads with taunt are a little bit of a problem here.

477Dusknoir.png

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch

I am not really expecting as much of a kill from this guy, Only expecting to inflict status combined with annoying damage through pain split. Although not directly helpful, this can help later on.

jirachi.png

Jirachi @ choice scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 158 HP / 100 Atk / 252 spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Cosmic Power
    - Iron Head
    - Rest
    - Trick

Functions a tiny bit different to normal. Switch in on a wall or something that doesn't like to be scarfed. Then a likely scenario is they will switch, leaving me with a free turn to cosmic power, making me hard to take down. Iron head is for large amounts of flinching. A great wall, but sometimes gets some surprise kills in the process. Made this as a bit of an experiment not expecting much, but it works surprisingly well.

227Skarmory.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Trait: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 16 Spe / 176 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Roost
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Brave-Bird

More entry hazard damage and general annoying. Pretty typical skarmory.

So far, the main focus has been small damage and annoying, and if goes to plan. For the first half of the game that is mostly what would have taken place.

373Salamence.png

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch

One dragon dance if I get the chance. Hit for a OHKO with assistance from status and entry hazard damage, aswell as some annoying damage from dusknoir and jirachi if possible.

482Azelf.png

Azelf @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 42 Atk / 216 Spe
    Naughty / Naive Nature
    - Explosion (May change, not sure)
    - Psychic
    - Grass Knot
    - Fire Blast

Alternative route to take, depending on what needs to be taken down more.

Still needs a lot of work. But I am liking it so far. I also have a bit of a soft spot for shuckle left over so although I am anticipating people suggesting to me to switch to something more adept, I like it that way.​

Last edited:

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
  • I have been wondering; How good is shuckle in a battle? Is he any good? Besides that, it looks like you have a flimsy team. Dusknoir isn't all that great. His stats are barely any better than his lesser evolution. Some battles don't like using legendaries, that's why I don't use them, but I don't think that many people will give you trouble since it's only jirachi and azelf. But having 2 psychics and one ghost isn't that good. A good team is suppose to counter pokemon that affect one teammate badly. I don't see that here. You will have a hard time with a complex, versatile team.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Shuckle is soooo much better if he has a sandstorm special defense boost. To be honest you're better off using another wall entirely unless you want to add Hippowdon or Tyranitar somewhere.

Your Jirachi set is...odd. Trying to do too much with one moveset. It's probably just best to make him a standard trick scarfer since Cosmic Power is a useless move without another move to outstall your opponent.

Lucipher

I'm not as bad as you think.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Hmm... in all honosty I fail to see shuckle being a good lead, I would suggest you replacing him with the azelf in your team for the lead. For the Azelf you would put a focus sash on it with: stealth rock/explosion/psychic/flamethrower or a set you find better suits your team.

As for the shuckle, well, you should probably just run: encore/toxic/rest/protect. The point of shuckle would be to stall with toxic.

Also, for Dusknoir, if you plan to get no benifits from it other than a will-o-wasp might I suggest a rotom-H. Rotom-H with: will-o-wasp/overheat/thunderbolt/shadowball. This would check much more pokemon while still getting the same benefits.

Lastly, on your salamence I would suggest fire blast instead of crunch for a check on annoying steels.

Hope this Helps.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Hmm. I put fire blast on salamence, switched out azelf for a similar but more powerful alakazam, Which can hit super effective for a large amount of the game.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Hp / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Energy Ball
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Energy Ball does damage to bulky waters, ideally with spikes and stealth rock damage, in which case it can OHKO everything except the most bulky waters. Psychic is good stab, Focus blast takes care of steels and darks while Shadow ball rounds off by dealing with ghosts and other psychic types.

Something like timid gengar could cause problems by outspeeding me, or possibily priority move users. Extremely bulky walls could survive the initial hit to OHKO me back, so this really needs as much help as I can give it.

An alternative would be nasty plot mixape. Meaning I would have one less psychic type in my team, and potentially more special attack. But I would need to get a turn to set it up, which could be a problem if I am not careful. Or calm mind latias, which has more bulk. Potentially giving me a better chance to hit hard without dying.

I am playing around with dusknoir replacements. I tried rotom-h and I found that although it worked quite well, my damage output with an experiment with a spiritomb is higher. Although the lack of resistances is a real problem when it comes to dealing with instantly powerful sweepers.

Also tried a t-tar for sandstorm boost for shuckle. But decided that it wasn't fitting for this team.

Finally, Jirachi.

I know the cosmic power idea is strange, but I like the way it plays. However, with damage analysis I do see a downside, it does make extremely powerful earthquakes a 2HKO at the very worst, and normally a 3 or 4 HKO, however this is with the trade off of needed to rest away the lost damage, and those turns can easily cause me severe damage loss.

Will probably change it later on.

Last edited:
    Back