• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon: Peridot Version (Version 1 Available August 16)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Awesome, thanks. And do you know your rgbds version? I'm getting 3 errors when I run make on the repository (below) and they seem similar to what I've encountered when using the wrong rbgds

Code:
    error: main.asm(26) -> engine/gfx/color.asm(258):
        syntax error, unexpected newline
    error: main.asm(35) -> engine/events/overworld.asm(814):
        syntax error, unexpected newline
    error: main.asm(187) -> engine/pokedex/pokedex.asm(19):
        syntax error, unexpected identifier

Cheers!
    I believe it's v0.3.6 or v0.3.7. Sorry, I haven't kept up with really any of the pokecrystal updates since I started development.

My Final Team, it was a hard Fight especially vs the Last Elite 4 member.
    Pokémon: Peridot Version (Version 1 Available August 16)

Any plans for Postgame Areas other than the Battle Subway in the future? And why has Pinsir not his Evo from the Gold/Silber Betamons in the Game?
    I have more planned for postgame, but I can't give any timeframe on when it will be ready. In the current version, it's limited to gym/league rematches, catching Mewtwo and challenging the Battle Subway.
    As for Pinsir not having an evolution, it's because I ran out of Pokemon slots. It was hard enough choosing what to keep and get rid of to make room for the prototype designs.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Found Fossils in the Game but can't revive them. Where is the Fossil Revive Location in the Game and is the Sabre Fossil a new Monster?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Found Fossils in the Game but can't revive them. Where is the Fossil Revive Location in the Game and is the Sabre Fossil a new Monster?
    Fossils are revived in the power plant, and the Sabre Fossil revives into something new.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Pokémon: Peridot Version (Version 1 Available August 16)

https://imgur.com/a/xtf5WqX

This lass starts two squares below and then walks through two headbutt trees to challenge you.

And I got the game working from source. There were several semicolons that needed to be added after various functions (and a TON of deprecation warnings for recent RGBDS versions), but got it running. This is an EXCELLENT game and am glad it has been updated/finished. So much fun!

Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Another small update, just noticing some issues from joker1000's playthrough and through my own digging.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Another error, this one a bit game-breaking, found at this entrance to Molten Peak
    https://imgur.com/a/vKP7vX8

Before one completes the gym, and you need to use rock smash to make these openings, if you exit from this warp, the rock-smashed wall is back and it stops the player from stepping down out of the entrance and leaving the cave. One is stuck in limbo above the mountain, where you can move a bit before reaching world limits. Hopefully it is just a fix to deal with the fact that the rock-smashable wall is back when you come out of that entrance

Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2024
    A question, is TM31 Brick Break in this game? And if so where can it be found?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Another error, this one a bit game-breaking, found at this entrance to Molten Peak
    https://imgur.com/a/vKP7vX8

Before one completes the gym, and you need to use rock smash to make these openings, if you exit from this warp, the rock-smashed wall is back and it stops the player from stepping down out of the entrance and leaving the cave. One is stuck in limbo above the mountain, where you can move a bit before reaching world limits. Hopefully it is just a fix to deal with the fact that the rock-smashable wall is back when you come out of that entrance

Cheers!
    The fix for that was quick and easy. Included in this update is a fix to an error with the Poke Seer and how she handles long landmark names like Palerock Mountain.

A question, is TM31 Brick Break in this game? And if so where can it be found?
    Brick Break is not a TM. It's learnable via level-up and as an egg move for some Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Has anyone else had trouble with the factory (deep in the forest after a scientist references Porygon)? I can't escape a feeling I did something wrong because I can't figure out how to get the final key to open the backroom

Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    I uploaded a new version because there were a pair of broken items in the basement of the Pavona Pass.

Has anyone else had trouble with the factory (deep in the forest after a scientist references Porygon)? I can't escape a feeling I did something wrong because I can't figure out how to get the final key to open the backroom

Cheers!
    Did you get the journal page?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Not that guy, but I'm also stuck in the factory. I do have the journal page but I'm guessing I'm supposed to enter them on this terminal here, which I can't on account of presumably some glitched tiles.
    Spoiler:

I also noticed the collisions on the vending machines on the right of the entrance were misaligned, such that I could walk on top of the leftmost one and couldn't in the space between that and the middle one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Not that guy, but I'm also stuck in the factory. I do have the journal page but I'm guessing I'm supposed to enter them on this terminal here, which I can't on account of presumably some glitched tiles.
    Spoiler:

I also noticed the collisions on the vending machines on the right of the entrance were misaligned, such that I could walk on top of the leftmost one and couldn't in the space between that and the middle one.
    That was something I overlooked when making the Mewtwo dungeon. I had someone inform me about the gate yesterday, but I didn't notice the vending machines' collision.
    Here's a patch for those issues.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey there! Started playing this recently, and chose to complete the gyms in chronological order. I've got the third badge and the TM for cut, but I'm really lost on how to progress further. Can someone please guide me on where to go next? Thanks!

EDIT: Just got the TM for strength.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2024
    Yo I've been playing this hack! Just defeated posey and got her badge! I must say youve made a pretty amazing hack! This game is haaaaard but not to an unfair degree! You really have to be prepared for these gym battles, and it feels so good when you win! I've been having fun!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Got a new version to put up, fixing a handful of bugs that people playing the game have reported over the past week or so.
    For this one, make sure you are not saved on Route 21, as I moved that map to a new group and you will be unable to move.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    I hope this project regains traction, I've put 30 hours into this game and love it! Wish I heard about this game sooner!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Sorry to post again, but I'm really confused on where to go next, I've gotten the first, second, third and fifth fun badge. I was beating the gyms in chronological order. Can someone please guide me to where the fourth gym is? Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Sorry to post again, but I'm really confused on where to go next, I've gotten the first, second, third and fifth fun badge. I was beating the gyms in chronological order. Can someone please guide me to where the fourth gym is? Thank you!
    In Hepatica Town, at the top of Palerock Mountain.

Back