• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character Nationality

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
  • How do you play characters from different cultures than the setting? Do you use it to add a special quirk? Do you vary from the setting? Does your character have certain view of different people? How would you convey this in to a tool that you can use for developement?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    In most of the roleplays I've been in, actual nationalities are not an option. Most of the time I'm using a made up location on a map with a small paragraph or two description to go on.

Kariyai is the closest thing to another nationality and culture - since the Titans roleplay embraces alien life it seemed logical. Hers is obviously vastly different, which is why it's somewhat of a plot device - but mainly because it introduces her goals in life.

Ordinarily I don't think it adds 'quirk'. I'd also be weary of using real cultures in a roleplay that didn't specify that its canon - even if based on Earth.

Years
  • I guess I just don't really consider culture overly much? When I create characters I tend to think of them as an individual rather than as a part of a whole. So unless the character's culture is particularly relevant to their backstory or personality it doesn't factor in much.

Back