• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bestselling video game sales figure

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    Hey, guys. I just want to know how many units do you think the video games would have to sell in order to become considered bestseller from past to present. Did you know the sales figure?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm not sure if there's really a set number? They might not even regulate it, you could probably slap bestselling on almost anything.

pkmin3033

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

Somewhere around 15 million, apparently. Seems fair, given the relatively small number of games that have reached numbers like that. I would have said around 10 million personally, but that would lengthen the list considerably I expect, and really "Best Seller" should be something a game is awarded even less frequently than a perfect score, given the number of games out there and the already high numbers involved when it comes to worldwide sales.

...on a minor note, colour me shocked that Diablo III of all things has sold 30 million units.

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    That list covers the top 50 best-selling games, so it is time-dependent. It just so happens that the bottom figures are just below 15 million.

It's all relative. Any game with 5 million units under its belt is definitely a success.

Yukari

That list covers the top 50 best-selling games, so it is time-dependent. It just so happens that the bottom figures are just below 15 million.

It's all relative. Any game with 5 million units under its belt is definitely a success.

Not if you're Square Enix!

Back