• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A short emulation FAQ

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Scanning topics for years on PokeCommunity, without fail I have found some basic emulation-related questions in every thread. This is my best attempt at answering them as brief as I can. I will only cover computers in general for GBA and GBC, and Android for the same. I'm not very reliable on the topic of iOS emulation, because it's been years since I've even attempted anything on there related to this subject. If anyone would like to talk about the latest stuff about iOS, I can probably stuff it in here.

Question #1: Which emulator should I use?
    Spoiler:

Question #2: How do I patch?
    Spoiler:

Question #3: How do I transfer saves?
    Spoiler:

Question #4: I have a problem with my save!
    Spoiler:

That's about it! In the case that my this post has failed you, there are some more detailed tutorials over here: https://fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/index

Last edited:

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    It's nice to see another tutorial here aimed towards rom gamers, like myself... Nice Job! :)

I used retro arch before. It's an all around ok android emulator for free... an alright multi platform emu (in most cases).
    Personally, it's worth the money though for My Boy! (GBA) and My Old Boy! (GB/GBC) instead. Much more control as far as setting up your game screen exactly how you want it, rumble feature, patching option included for insta-play, very little obscructing your vid game screen view due to simple controller design, widget option for your favorite ROMs, and very versatile. Also, if you're used to your file manager setup, it's easy enough to navigate through My Boy! or My Old Boy! menu screen. In my case, I use modded ones, so if anything goes sour with the emu during my testings... I can simply install my backup archived one to replace it.

Last edited:
    Back