• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Poliwag Breeding Moveset for Politoed?

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2018
    I'm planning on doing a play through of Pokémon crystal and want to use my favourite Pokémon, politoed, pretty early (I'm aware the earliest point is once I get strength hm in olivine and go back to slowpoke cave) but once I evolve he loses the ability to learn moves that I want to give him (not competitively I just want him to have certain moves) so want to breed a move set in a poliwag.
    The moveset I want is Hydro Pump, Body Slam, Psychic and Ice Punch (I'd probably be fine with ice beam or blizzard instead of ice punch). But have been racking my brain on how to do it... or even if it's possible. So if someone could give me like a step by step guide for this specific moveset for a poliwag that'd be great.

P.s. no other traits matter (stats, gender etc.)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Looking around a bit, it seems that you can breed a Poliwag with those moves except for Ice Punch. However, it would require you to have a one of the Poliwag line with those moves already. Ice Punch is fortunately a TM that you can buy in the Goldenrod Department store, so you don't have to worry about that one.

So basically:
    1) Catch a Poliwag and a Ditto
    2) Raise the Poliwag to the level required for it to learn both Body Slam and Hydro Pump
    3) Teach Poliwag Psychic via TM
    4) Delete Poliwag's 4th move
    5) Put the two in the Daycare

Obviously needs to be done on a save file that has made it to Kanto already.

The resulting egg should in theory yield a Poliwag with Body Slam/Hydro Pump/Psychic. I say "in theory" as this is just based on what I've read, I don't really have much actual experience breeding in Gen 2.

Back