• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: About the SSL

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I wonder if the site is hosted on a VPS.
    If so, why not just use certbot with Let's Encrypt, which gets u a cert for free?
    The cert is compatible with more platforms and browsers while the Cloudflare Free SSL only support modern browsers in the modern systems.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • I wonder if the site is hosted on a VPS.
    If so, why not just use certbot with Let's Encrypt, which gets u a cert for free?
    The cert is compatible with more platforms and browsers while the Cloudflare Free SSL only support modern browsers in the modern systems.
    Per Rukario

"we do have a CA, we're using Let'sEncrypt but also Cloudflare's SSL solution (to allow ssl w/ mixed content.. for example) as well.

BTW, your images are showing the mixed content problem.. one that may never go away fully as we have way too many 3rd party (content, images in posts, etc) links that can't be changed.
    We are working to have all PC generated content including login and whatnot SSL secured.. look for it soon™"

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Per Rukario

"we do have a CA, we're using Let'sEncrypt but also Cloudflare's SSL solution (to allow ssl w/ mixed content.. for example) as well.

BTW, your images are showing the mixed content problem.. one that may never go away fully as we have way too many 3rd party (content, images in posts, etc) links that can't be changed.
    We are working to have all PC generated content including login and whatnot SSL secured.. look for it soon™"
    Cloudflare CDN is amazing though
    Is there something wrong with my signature now?
    BTW, I think u should edit the theme for the forum as the the address of the assets is starting with HTTP.......

Back