• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2015
this is a great game just a few questions
1.) when i traded for my gengar in dardusk it didnt come with hypnosis so how can i get it? and possibly is their anyway to change the nickname like with breeding a new one or something
2.) can i breed 2 different types of pokemon in the daycare becuase when i try it says they play with others not together
3.)is their an updated version with daytime and nightime and stuff
4.) can u get chansey

Thanks
1. which means you gotta have your gengar recall it via giving heart scale to a certain NPC
not sure if heart scales/that NPC is in this game...at least it is in ruby

2. dont know...

3.you can never get it, cuz its data is replaced by other pokemon

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
  • SOLUTION FOR WHITE SCREEN

Hello evebory, many people questione me about,problem with white screen, now one video for final solution of problem, i will add in the first page, and in my web have new direct downloads links, fast quicks and free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2tgIyi9jZ8&feature=youtu.be

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2012
How i found all legendaries pokés ? and how to check happiness of my pokés ?

Sorry for english errors i'm brazilian :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Any idea of how to fix the white screen bug on Mac version of VBA. Your video shows to change the save type to 128k, but this seems to be impossible to do on the Mac version.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2014
Can anyone tell me why it dont work on my GameBoid emulator for android?
Please i want to play that game !

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2012
I see on the wesley's page, but i don't found Lugia, and unova legendaries(Kobaruon,Terakion,Birijon),and Alzef, Uxie, Mesprit some us can help ? And where i found Gible ?
And i don't found how to check happines of my pokés :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Hey guys is there really any way to get froslass in the game? Its funny cuz the ice gym leader uses one but I cant get one? I've searched the hundred pages of this forum and saw that I can only get frosslass by trading? Does that mean its an in-game trade like scizor and gengar (its not on the in-game trade list on wesleys page though)?

Thanks for this awesome hack :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Can anyone tell me why it dont work on my GameBoid emulator for android?
Please i want to play that game !

works fine for me you need to patch the ruby version 1.0 gba and it'll work i have it working on gameboid if you need it i can upload it to mediafire for you?

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2022
My Annoyed Review

This is a very harsh review, Do not read if you absolutely LOVE this hack.

Now First of all let me list the good things about this hack:
-It looks good!
-
-
-

Yeah... thats about it. This hack is by far one of the most annoying pokemon hacks I have ever played and I personally don't understand why it is rated so highly. I have been doing a blind LP (Currently recorded up to finding snorlax and shinx from the zoo) and I have to say most of my commentary has been utter disgust for this hack. I had high hopes for this one. Its been called one of the greatest hacks ever and everyone loves it. One person commented on my first episode telling me it was well worth it. They were wrong. This hack gives you great items at the start, and the pokemarts sell expensive items right off the bat when you can't afford it.

Nearly everyone in this hack is too nice, There is no way every single person can be content after losing. At least in the regular pokemon games there are folks who are angry, in fact some of them vow to defeat you -and they aren't all darn annoying rivals might I add-

The text gets old and fast, not only was it way to lengthy with the back story which wasn't that interesting for arceus, many npcs repeat the same ******* things another said. Everyone in towns all act the same there is no difference between npcs besides different text. Like I said the only thing I enjoyed was the graphics.

The amount of rivals makes me want to rip the small strands of my hair off of my head. When I say they are the most useless rivals I mean it. They are all too happy go lucky, drop down to having 2 pokemon when they started off using 3+ which makes no sense. And majority of them do nothing but show up after an area to battle. Worst part about it is you fight them a million times! In regular pokemon games (excluding R/B/Y to an extent) The rival usually has a reason to be there. In G/S/C you meet him by TR because he is trying to defeat them as well, even in Red and blue he helps you out and manages to learn from his losses.

Team steam, oh god these guys. These are the worst villainous team ever to be made into a hack. They are simple there. A typical "We are evil because we want to be" team that need sot be stopped at all cost. "we want to rule the world blah blah blah". Even worse than that they pretty much copied some of cyrus from team galatic's goals as well. I honestly cannot understand the ratings of this hack.

Now here is another thing that annoyed me, omg I just met you, and this is crazy, here's a Dratini, take it maybe? The Pokemon are giving to you on a silver platter, I literally received all my team members from NPCs or randomly lying on a table somewhere. There was no challenge in capturing them. At least make us work for our dang pokemon teams!

Oh another thing, I'm so strong, I use 2 pokemon and manage to beat the world champion and the 8th gym leader yet I get owned by a kid whose pokemon are more than 30 levels below the world champions. BS straight up BS.

The entire reason I have so much pent up anger towards this hack is because of how it was executed. The graphics were clearly the centre of attention and not the actually storyline. Yes you're good with graphics and scripting but beyond that you need to stop thinking conventionally. There were a few more things I wanted to address but I currently can't remember them all. (I'm sure once i start recording tomorrow i'll--)

Oh yes, the thing that annoys me the most. TMs being used as HM moves to advance through the game. IF YOU HAVEN'T REALISED YET! Everyone dislikes being forced to carry certain moves around. Now Ice smash(brick break) not a bad move, but forcing me to learn focus punch and a few other moves just annoys me. My movesets are so screwed up right now because of lauren. Check G/S/C, all the moves used in johto were all you needed in kanto, not an entirely new set of moves especially since both regions are right next to each other. There wouldn't be any freaking big distinct change between them!

The hack hands everything over to you, its storyline is too typical, Its all about the graphics, has a typical bad team with the same typical plans.

I don't want anyone to hate on me for this but I seriously expected better from a hack that has been given praise for its "epic storyline". I have to say both Fuligin and Snakewood far exceed this one in my opinion.
I'm hoping that this LP ends at part 70 I honestly and barely holding on to my sanity while LPing this and I don't want to quit this its just urgh.

Anyway that is my review, if you are angry at my review it is simply put MY OPINION. We are all entitled to one may I remind you.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Okay, so I've gotten 3 different Ruby roms from 3 different places, and none of them work with the ips provided. All I'm getting is a white screen. Any idea what's going on?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay, so I've gotten 3 different Ruby roms from 3 different places, and none of them work with the ips provided. All I'm getting is a white screen. Any idea what's going on?
1) Have you watched Wesley's video?
2) Have you read previous posts and downloaded Ruby v1.0?

@uran: Interesting review but it does seem to be highly subjective ;) The things you mentioned as bad are the good points for most players so you can't wonder that LP gets comments with "epic storyline" in their contents ;)

Years
Is there a shaymin event in the final version of pokemon LP or do u catch shaymin in the forest because I saw a guy playing an old version which has shaymin event I mean the flower garden.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015

1) Have you watched Wesley's video?
2) Have you read previous posts and downloaded Ruby v1.0?

Okay, that worked. Thanks.

On another note, I know that this has probably been asked before, but I have the latest version of LP, yet I can't find any way to heal my pokemon in Yellow town. This especially becomes a problem as the first trainer's venipede wrecks havoc on my Charmander with its rollout attack...

So... is there any way to heal, or am I going to have to Gameshark a few Super potions in?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Okay, that worked. Thanks.

On another note, I know that this has probably been asked before, but I have the latest version of LP, yet I can't find any way to heal my pokemon in Yellow town. This especially becomes a problem as the first trainer's venipede wrecks havoc on my Charmander with its rollout attack...

So... is there any way to heal, or am I going to have to Gameshark a few Super potions in?

there is an npc in near your house that gives a max potion

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2022

@uran: Interesting review but it does seem to be highly subjective ;) The things you mentioned as bad are the good points for most players so you can't wonder that LP gets comments with "epic storyline" in their contents ;)

Care to elaborate? Maybe its because its rated higher than snakewood and LOG and because I played both of those games before this one and expected it to be out there. It started on a strong note, stood there for a bit then fell down to the ground hard IMO. Maybe I set my expectations to high but to be honest I think its either team steam or the happy go lucky attitude of this hack that makes me really angry, and the ton of rivals too...

To me, this hack had potential but it wasn't executed correctly.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
there is an npc in near your house that gives a max potion

Yeah, I know. But that still won't stop that venipede from owning my Charmander with its Defense Curl and Rollout combo. And without being able to train in the grass (having no consistent way to heal) I can't raise my Charmander any higher to beat it. Seriously, why doesn't the first town have a healing script?

And for that matter, why does the first trainer in the game have a pokemon with the Defense Curl/ Rollout combo? That's a serious threat in the early game and it can take out an entire team, especially if that team consists only of a lvl 5 Charmander and a Lvl 3 Poochyena.

I've also seen tile glitches, the animations in the beginning with the legendary pokemon seemed drawn out and delayed, and the professor doesn't give you the pokeballs automatically. You have to talk to her again. If I had just walked out, I never would have got them.

Visual-wise, the game looks very good, one of the best I've ever seen. However, it's got some issues early on that are seriously hindering my gameplay experience. It clearly needs more work...

EDIT: And why the heck do you need Thief in order to pick berries? What was wrong with just picking them? You're telling me that I have to have thief if I want any berries AT ALL?

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
EDIT: And why the heck do you need Thief in order to pick berries? What was wrong with just picking them? You're telling me that I have to have thief if I want any berries AT ALL?
Yeah you must have thief in one pokemon....I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS WAS IMPLEMENTED BUT IT ALSO GIVES YOU USELESS BERRIES SUCH AS DURIN OR SUPER-EXTRA-RARE SALAC BERRY OR WATMEL....LUCKILY THERE IS A BERRY SHOP IN THE SECOND'S REGION MERYDIAN CITY....

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2012
after i completing the world championship, and won that event, what should i do next?

ADLFM14

Legendary Spriter
Years
Hello Wesley I really enjoyed your hack but i want a little help if any one would help i would be glad i want to edit the pokeballs which appears in the beginning of a trainer battle but i couldn't those one like as you did
pleasexf.png

Back