• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need feedback on my sandstorm team

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    Tyranitar@ leftovers
    Sandstream
    252 HP/ 252 Att/ 4 Def
    Adamant (+Att,-S.Att)
    -Stealth Rock
    -Pursuit
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

I can set up stealth rock and sand storm right off the bat with a lead tyranitar. I was running lead DDTar, but it wasnt really working, so i scraped it for pursuit. If anyone feels I should give it another go, please suggest it. I changed the EVs for bulk instead of the speed.

Scizor@ leftovers
    Technician
    200 HP/ 252 Att/ 58 Spe
    Adamant (+Att,-S.Att)
    -Swords Dance
    -Roost
    -Bullet Punch
    -Brick Break

My sweeper. Break break isnt really used much as I find myself spamming bullet punch. I find the bulky set works much better for me. After 2 dances, bullet punch its anything very hard and roost is beneficial due to the added bulkiness

Skarmory@ leftovers
    Keen Eye
    252 HP/ 64 Att/ 176 Def/ 16 Spe
    Impish (+Def,-S.Att)
    -Spikes
    -Whirlwind
    -Roost
    -Drill Peck

Obviously my wall. Skarmory was put in after i realized anything that could set up would do so unchallenged. Of course, spikes and ground immunity was also a nice welcome.

Empoleon@ Life Orb
    Torrent
    24 HP/ 252 S.Att/ 232 Spe
    Modest (+S.Att,-Att)
    -Agility
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot

Speacial attacker and dragon/water/ice wall. Empoleon came in due to my original teams weakness to water and inability to stop Dragon dance set ups. Straight coverage with agility to make up for his speed.

Gliscor@ leftovers
    Sand Veil
    252 HP/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe
    Jolly (+Spe,-S.Att)
    -Earthquake
    -U-turn
    -Toxic
    -Roost

Gliscor gives my team another ground immunity, along with electric immunity and resistance to fighting. Its also my fastest hitter. Toxic was put for walls, but im kind of thinking about swapping it for fire fang to hit scizor which is the biggest threat to my team (I think).

My last pokemon i have been looking for for about a week now. I wanted a pokemon that could take special attacks as i found myself lacking one. I originally had a bronzong, but it really never did much. I went with a trick scarf latias next because i felt i needed more attackers. But that didnt go to well either. This is what im thinking about now...

Cradily@ leftovers
    Suction Cups
    252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 S.Def
    Careful (+S.Def,-S.Att)
    -Toxic
    -Curse
    -Rock Slide
    -Protect

Adding this would free a move open for gliscor which is why im considering fire fang. Protect is for scouting as well as building passive damage (poison, sand) and one more turn of leftovers recovery. Curse lets its def become as epic as its S.Def and rock slide is for consistent, reliable damage.
    Feel free to suggest anything, but use common sense, please dont ask me to change the entire team. The cradily, tyranitar, and gliscor are my main concerns, seeing as how i think Empoleon, skarmory and scizor are pretty solid. However, if you feel you can make them work better, by all means tell me how. These pokemon work really well together, they cover each others weaknesses and check each others counters. While Im open to swapping the cradily for something else, Ill be less open to any other roster changes, for i have been playing this team for a while with its losses being mainly the fault of my inexperience. That is not to say I wont consider it, but try to fix any problems you see without changing the team (basically, use it as your last resort). But you can suggest another poke for cradily. The motivation for making this thread was to find my sixth member.
    Thank you for your time and your advice.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=208994

Anyways, this has way too many weaks that i cant begin to count them.

Gyarados shreds you, nothing beats that same Scizor you are running period, nor the fast SDer. The Rotom formes are a massive pain in the backside. Since it can burn and T-Bolt everything. No answer to Infernape, Mix Jirachi weak, Kingdra weak and you cant even touch Magnet Rise Magnezone and Swampert/Vaporeon wall you right into next week. Strangely, opposing Taunt Gliscor eat you too. No answer to un-choiced Machamp either. Stall also gives you a torrid time. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147

So yeah diversify please.

Lastly use Curse/Rest/Sleep Talk/Rock Slide on Cradilly so it doesn't completely suck and die to status. lol protect ~.~

EDIT : Stacking up Spikes with no Spin blocker also isnt going to work.

Last edited:
    Back