• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Since I can never think of an original title for these threads - Hi! I'm new to the community.

Years
  • Hi there! I found this site while looking for somewhere to organize trades and it looks like the most well organized (at least the way my head works) and active site for that purpose so I made an account and I'm now having a look around. I noticed a common thing seems to be refusing to trade with anyone from the site who has "fewer than X posts" (which makes perfect sense to me) so I'm making this thread to start building up my post count.

I've been a fan of pokemon and virtual pets in general since they were all the rage when I was in high school in the mid-late 90s. The first pokemon game I played was Red and I had to steal my brother's gameboy to play it (because girls apparently didn't like video games then so every time I asked for my own I'd just get another tamagotchi instead). I kept pretty up to date with the games until real life took over and my DS Lite got given to a friend's daughter, along with my copies of Soul Silver and Heart Gold. I kept up playing my browser based pet collection games but they were never really the same.

Last year things changed for me and the release of Pokemon Go got me interested again. A friend gave me a 2DS and an bunch of games as a birthday present when Go got updated out of what my phone would support (still working on fixing that so I can start playing again - if anyone wants to trade a Samsung Galaxy S3 for something good let me know lol). Included in the games were Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, and a couple of months later their spare copy of Moon - mainly because my friend wanted someone they could trade with on demand. About 10 minutes into AS my addiction was back in full force and that has led to me signing up here.

Unfortunately I had a complete brainfart and, for the purposes of sorting, transferred my entire Bank collection to Moon, meaning I can't move most of my pokes onto the other two games I have and will probably have to do most of my trading in SuMo. That said, I do have a bunch of semi-decent pokes on my new run of AS and I'm working on expanding that.

I have a thing for spreadsheets and created one to keep track of my collection in google docs. It allows for all bank compatible variants of all pokemon, along with shinies. I can't post the link yet but as soon as I can I will happily share it if anyone wants to make a copy for their own use. (Edit - I added the link to my profile if you're interested. The "Female" and "Male" tabs are still works in progress but the "National" one is good to go.)

So again, hi! I'm Kam, I love pokemon, and I look forward to hopefully becoming an active member of this community.

PS:

If anyone is interested for organizing trades, I live in BC in Canada (that's High Plains Vivillons) so I'm on Pacific time - but that doesn't really mean much. I'm typing this at 2 am and it's really not weird for me to be awake now or at any other time of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Hello Kamorth! Since you noticed the common "Needs at least [x] posts to trade", then I assume you've already visited the Trade Corner! A lot of users in Trade Shops do this because of people making deals then never connecting again, or, obviously, to ward off hacked Pok?mon from inexperienced users.
    If you didn't already, you should enter your Friend Code and In Game Name here:
    Spoiler:

When you do this, they appear under your name automatically when you post in the Trade Corner, it's super convenient! :D If you have any questions, you can send me a message anytime! I'm a moderator in the Trade Corner and I'll be glad to assist you :)

Years
  • @Jirachii. Thanks for the warm welcome! Sent you a PM!

@Soapyyy Thank you! I figured it was something to do with weeding out scammers and spam bots (no idea how that would work with trades but it would help keep the forums clean I'm sure) and I've got my friend code and stuff entered... Not sure if it's showing up or not though. I might have done something wrong maybe.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    Hi. I am Edgar I live in Mexico. I am a pokemon fan too, of course. My first pokemon game I played was pokemon yellow version. My homeland is El Salvador in Central America, I came to Mexico 8 years ago. I have 41 years old, I know, maybe I am too old for this, but I like the pokemon games, mainly the hacks, wow! too many pokemon games hacks!, there are many and very good hacks, I like the hacks because many of them are like a dreamed pokemon games, for instance Pokemon liquid Crystal, since this game did'nt see the light nor Japan and America, is a wonderful hack five stars I think. in the same way pokemon ash gray, OOOh great!!! How many times we wanted play pokemon in the same way like anime and we did'nt. I hope to have may friends around here, Regards.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Thank you! I figured it was something to do with weeding out scammers and spam bots (no idea how that would work with trades but it would help keep the forums clean I'm sure) and I've got my friend code and stuff entered... Not sure if it's showing up or not though. I might have done something wrong maybe.

The only way to check is to post in the Trade Corner :)
    Here's a few pointers to get you started:
    Trade Corner Rules - Obviously, we have some specific subforum rules, so be sure to check them out :)
    Trade Corner Q&A - If you have any question, post them here!
    Trade Shops - If you're looking for something very specific, our experienced collectors may have it! Keep in mind the Trade Shop section has a slightly different set of rules
    Free 6IV Ditto - If you want to get started with some breeding, you can grab yourself a free flawess Ditto here!

Also a little trick, you can quote users by pressing the purple "Quote" button on their post, and they'll recieve a Notification! (Like I just did with your post :D )
    And if you want to quote multiple people at once, you can use the multiquote button here:
    Spoiler:

Just click on that button for every post you want to quote (it'll turn green), and on the last post you want to quote, click on the normal purple quote button! :) Good luck!

Years
  • Hey there Kamoth, welcome to the PokeCommunity! I see Soap already led you the way to the Trade Corner, have fun trading there! It's nice to come back to Pokemon after not playing for some time, Pokemon GO seemed to bring back many old and new fans. I hope you find a new phone replacement soon, there's a lot of Pokemon GO special events happening right now! Hey, it's a good thing you transfer your Pokemon to SM, many of the traders have moved to those games to trade now. Other than that, we have a lot of Pokemon discussions you can partake in. A lot of the members would be happy to meet and talk to you. Have fun exploring our forums! ^-^

Back