• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Yeah you are probably right. If they wouldn't have revealed Elikiteru type, it would have been very likely (sorry for saying it was a stupid idea Branellope!). But going from a Normal/Electric to a pure Steel type seems pretty unlikely.
And now that you mention it, that whole Luvdisc/Alomomola thing still bugs me

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I mean other than colors I don't really see any similarities. Plus evolving from a lizard to something humanoid with a big mouth attached to its head kind of seems like a rather large jump in evolution, even for Pokémon standards. Losing its Electric typing and going to Steel just seems like a strange gap to me as well.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Thankgoodness they revealed it's typing, or some people may be feeling the same thing with those two as they did with Alomomola and Luvdisc...

Fans are still treating it like Alomomola and Luvdisc. Some believe that Helioptile evolves into Mawile. The typing hasn't discouraged this even the slightest. Some are complaining about it just like the AlomaDisc relationship.

blue

gucci
Years
Surely people would've learnt from the Alomomola/Luvdisc confusion that Helioptile similar appearence to Mawile doesn't indicate an evolution between the two.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I'm so glad other people are on board with the Audino evolution thing. I want it and I think it's likely. I hope it will be speedy and bulky, and that it can learn both Reflect and Light Screen, which I love to have in my party. Design-wise, I imagine it with butterfly wing-type things on its legs and arms. It would be pure Fairy type (along with Audino) if the type turns out to be real. (I really hope it will.) ...Obviously the design part won't come through for me unless I'm somehow psychic without knowing so (although I did think privately about a a Fairy type, not just passingly or jokingly, but with serious thought and consideration, before the rumors even started...), and the stat distribution I also have no control over, but anything with better stats than Audino (although, having used Audino in Pokemon Black, I say it wasn't that bad) while still retaining its charm and role as a team supporter would win my adoration.
As for everything else, I don't think that anything is impossible with Gamefreak. I don't really believe there are "rules" Gamefreak can't break, when it comes to evolutions. Some things are more plausible than others, but nothing is unthinkable.
I just don't want already decent Pokemon to get all the evolutions, though. What about the Pokemon with the low BSTs?
Generation IV was lovely with its new evolutions, in my humble opinion. So I'd love to see more!

This post is brief because I had a longer one that got lost, and I am too frustrated to type it again. :x

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm hope the Audino evolution will have a high enough special attack to make full use of it's special move filled moveset. Also it being speedy would be good, that seems like something that'll separate it from being a Chansey line clone.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't really see Audino getting an evolution honestly. It's there for the most part for the player to gain experience, as well as be a Pokémon with a decent support movepool. It evolving would just give off a ridiculously large amount of EXP (assuming it could be found in the wild). Its stats could definitely be improved though, so if it wasn't found in the wild I could see it happening!

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Blissey isn't found in the wild, is it? c: Hehe, just my hopes, though. I'm still feeling good overall over the Pokemon we've been revealed so far, so I'm not too worried about it. But Audino's definitely my number one wish for an evolution!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well Chancey's line had a similar function in the original generation games, only it was harder to find. Also who's to say the evolution will even be found in the wild?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't really see Audino getting an evolution honestly. It's there for the most part for the player to gain experience, as well as be a Pokémon with a decent support movepool. It evolving would just give off a ridiculously large amount of EXP (assuming it could be found in the wild). Its stats could definitely be improved though, so if it wasn't found in the wild I could see it happening!

I could see Audino getting a pre-evo more than an evolution really. Audino seems like the perfect candidate to have an Igglybuff/Cleffa type baby form.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I just hope that GF doesn't give any more dumb evolutions to GEN I and GEN II Pokemon that aren't even much of an improvement. I may not like cute things, but I have liked the baby pokemon that GF has come up with a lot more than their past gen Evolutions.

Years
I figure Sylveon isn't the only evee that we'll get so i'm hoping for a fighting type.
There's a lot of speculation that dunsparce will get an evolved form. It would be good if he did since most people don't even realise that it's supposed to be a snake. If he gets an evo it will be sent into Ubers immediatley thanx to serene grace.
Some other pokemon could also profit from evos, specially 3d gen pokemon.
Mightyena,Absol,Zangoose,Seviper,Tropius,Torkoal etc. I've also seen some ideas about giving existing pokemon other formes in a manner simmilar to the wormadam fammily.
Deppending on areas or other conditions certain pokemon evolve into different formes.
It would be great if they do this at least with the starters of the older gens.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I figure Sylveon isn't the only evee that we'll get so i'm hoping for a fighting type.
There's a lot of speculation that dunsparce will get an evolved form. It would be good if he did since most people don't even realise that it's supposed to be a snake. If he gets an evo it will be sent into Ubers immediatley thanx to serene grace.
Some other pokemon could also profit from evos, specially 3d gen pokemon.
Mightyena,Absol,Zangoose,Seviper,Tropius,Torkoal etc. I've also seen some ideas about giving existing pokemon other formes in a manner simmilar to the wormadam fammily.
Deppending on areas or other conditions certain pokemon evolve into different formes.
It would be great if they do this at least with the starters of the older gens.

No Sylveon is being marketed as the only one. For the movie it says "All Eevee's Evolutions are in it" It stops at Sylveon. The intro for it in CoroCoro made it look as if its the only one this generation.

I also don't see them doing anything with starters. Starters are already full lines. They wouldn't be able to do much to them without doing the same for all Starters for the present and future. Anything else with a 2 stage line or Single line can easily be added to, but I don't see them ever adding anything more than more gimmicky attacks to starters.

blue

gucci
Years
I think Lunatone and Solrock would be best with pre-evos, I can't really imagine what they could evolve into and when I think about it I wouldn't really want an evolution for those two since I like their designs as they are.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I think Lunatone and Solrock would be best with pre-evos, I can't really imagine what they could evolve into and when I think about it I wouldn't really want an evolution for those two since I like their designs as they are.

How would their pre-evolutions look? I can hardly imagine tha- wait, yes I can. But I've always imagined their evolutions. Lunatone would become a full-moon Pokemon, resembling a blue rocky sphere with a few craters and a sleepy expression, and Solrock would evolve into an orange rocky sphere with a fiery psychic aura around him, with a grinning expression.

Back