• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Fire red hack: Pokemon Charmeleon version: a loveletter to the angstiest pokemon of all

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Introduction

Hi, I assume you all know and love/hate Charmander and Charizard, but have you ever considered Charmeleon for any longer than the time it takes to evolve it to Charizard? I'd assume not, because other than looking like an angrier, angstier Charmander it hasn't brought much to the table. So why did I learn how to rom hack to make a rom on this weird little gremlin? Well other than a convoluted subplot involving a sailor hat and smash bros, it's because of all those reasons! while I love Charmander and Charizard, I've always held this horrendous teenager close to my heart as I knew no one else would. So with that out of the way, let's go into what I actually made.

Charmeleons galore!

-The main change in this hack are the 21 new charmeleons added into the game
    and that every other pokemon has been removed from the grass as well!

-That's right, in this hack you can only use the most amazing pokemon of all, charmeleon!

-The three starters have been replaced with a new type of triangle being water, ground, and electric, don't worry about missing these encounters as they are also placed later in the game. (btw this makes the rival battle impossible to win :) )

-Each type has its own charmeleon, 3 pokemon are obtained as gifts replacing the fossils, and one more was added because I felt like it.

-Each charmeleon has a unique learnset and stat distribution based on what that type normally does

-such as pick up on normal type charmeleon and the ability to teach it every TM (the way that Bidoof always wanted)

-The majority of stat distributions are simply a reorganizing of charmeleons base stats and for the rest a redistribution of the total BST of 405

-By making this distribution much lower than the final BST of most mons and by removing evolutions, players will have to utilize these mons set up moves and strategies to succeed.
    Hint :(Tips on these mons are given in their dex descriptions as well as some horrible jokes I made as well!)

-I highly recommend doing a challenge run such as a nuzlocke as this game was designed towards that. (in fact, I will premiere this hack later with a nuzlocke
    of the game! )

BST Comparisons
    Spoiler:

-Some of my favorite charmeleons!
    charmeleonBUG.png charmeleonpsyback.png charmeleonfly.png
    charmeleondark.png charmeleonghost.png charmeleonfrontground.png
    charmeleonELEC.png charmeleonfight.png

Credits
    Spoiler:

Download
    View attachment Pokemon_-_charmeleon_version_beta2.bps

Ps: There are 4 more mons hidden in the game in the game, here's a hint, they aren't in the grass and they are exactly where you expect them to be.

known issues:
    I did not want to deal with the Sevii island's quest, as I could not edit the script without fearing it would softlock the game. If someone knows what to do pls let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    thanks!
    and yes, i know exactly the word you are referring to! I was 50% it would stay in lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I would also like to add that i modified some moves to make them better/worse. IE powder moves being more accurate and mega kick being weaker but more accurate.
    Hope everyone has fun!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Hey y'all, I'm going to start streaming the game as my first twitch stream! I'm thinking the first stream should be tomorrow at 3 pst! As a first stream ill probably be on for a shorter time but if it goes well ill try to stay longer
    here is my profile https://www.twitch.tv/jremyjr
    I hope yall check it out

Back