• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

August Stats

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Back to reality with no crazy spikes. The GO Guide article has also died down in views now (maybe a reason to update it then?) Regardless, this is our second best month thus far. Woo!

The Raw Numbers
    August total views: 35,710 (July: 249,080, June: 20,758)
    August total visitors: 25,582 (July: 188,126, June: 14,325)
    August average views/day: 1,152 (July: 8035, June: 692)
    Daily High Score: 1,836 (Best ever: 78,064 views, July: 78,064)
    Lowest Score (for a full day): 599 (July: 463, June: 332)
    Number of 100+ days: 31 (July: 31, June: 31)

Image of hits/day:
    Spoiler:

First half of the month was stronger overall due to Sun and Moon news. Bit of a growth during the VGC weekend. The highest hits is attributed to a sudden spike for the Harambe article - idk why it happened then as it was released earlier, especially as most views for it seemed to be search engine related. But it happened!

Fell off a bit at the end - GO Guide articles dipped by then and no news to really report on at the time.

Articles visited since start of month until 1st Sep:
    Spoiler:
    (Note that articles posted in the month have the orange tab to the left.)

GO Guide did remain on top but much less than before now. Of other old articles to do well, it's again the GSC on eShop video-article, Solgaleo/Lunala article, the Eevee nicknames article again, and then the Pokemon Bank update summary article, curiously.

Articles within the last month - Harambe benefits from the memes and etc I presume, and topped it. Wolfe Glick article being next to me validates the Worlds coverage done. Jake's Alola Challenge article rounds out the 1000 club. News articles made up the bulk, but the article on the Anime episode (shortly before it aired!) pulled a good number of views despite being relevant <1 day! Niantic Lab fake Twitter account also did decently for its short airtime thus far, and the guide on the GO Appraisal system was healthy too, further motivation for me to get onto updating the main GO Guide article.

Google's versions of the stats ('sessions' = views, seems lower than total stats):
    Spoiler:

Referrers (ie what sites people came from to visit the magazine)
    Spoiler:

Google on top again. Of the non-search engines, Reddit, followed by Facebook and Twitter. gamejolt/pokemonacademylife again combined nicely too. Rest were more minor.

Search engines terms (what people put in anything but Google to get to the magazine.
    Spoiler:
    Cut out those which only gave 1.

The funny and weird searches (that got clicks, and including google) include:
    pokemon go eg
    pokemon virtuall consol kristall download
    did gamefreak officially make harambe a pokemon
    a wonder what a breathtaking pokemon
    gamefreak confirms harambe pokemon
    why i lost candy everytime i evolve a pidgey
    morelull
    why ash lost in kalos even he have greninja
    . febas player real
    eevee ewolucja nicknames
    para que serve kanto no pokemon go

Clicks (links clicked in articles)
    Spoiler:
    i#.wp.com are images we uploaded and host. People click them to see e.g. bigger versions!

Twitter remains a decent source of clicks. Bunch of folk went to see the Harambe petition, then the SM website, wikipedia, Twitch (for the Worlds coverage), YouTube (external video watching?), bulba, etc.

Country breakdown:
    Spoiler:

US again on top. Both Singapore and Philippines are doing well; even more for Singapore this month in fact that last month. I cut out countries with <10 views.

Back