• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Pokémon Games are the Best!!!

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • Do you think all of the newer Pokémon games meant for the 3DS are better than the older games? Why or why not? Your opinion on the newer games? Do you think they lack anything? What do you think they can improve on?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I don't really like 3D much sorry :P Graphically, I think Gen 4 and 5 were the peak of the series - Gen 6 looked okay, though there were definitely scenes that looked terrible, and while Gen 7 looks amazing, it can't beat sprite and tile-based graphics for me.

Graphics aside, I'd put Sun & Moon second or third on my list of favorite games, with ORAS... I don't know where I'd put them, somewhere in the middle-top I guess, and X and Y at the very very bottom. So overall, I suppose I like the 3DS games less than older titles, haha.

I wanted to elaborate on this because I HAD MORE THOUGHTS! but now I'm tired so will continue this tomorrow goodnight.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Sun & Moon are on par with DPPT as my all-time favourites, ORAS are pretty high up on my list above most of the DS titles, and then XY are fairly low down. Overall I'd say it's pretty level as some DS titles I prefer to 3DS and then vice versa.

Coffee

Banned
    Years
  • While i do like playing the older ones, they never really stood out to me.
    Gen 7 is up until now my favorite generation so I suppose so. The graphics, music and story all went up a notch compared to the older ones.

Years
  • I really love the 3DS Pokemon games, I think they're amazing and have really enjoyed all of them, despite some of their flaws. Even so, I grew up on the games for the GBA and DS so I'm always gonna prefer them, even though the newer generations have been so good.

Back