• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Shimmering Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Yay blankets and blanket development.

Though I am curious, is most of this team on PlanetDev, or are they more random than that?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Well, I'm on both PlanetDev (global mod) and PokeCommunity. I've been remaking the entire soundtrack for this game.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
i have been looking for a game like this for centuries !!! i love hoenn too, and the graphics here are OFF THE HOOK !!!!!!!!!! i hope you the best of luck, and pleas oh please don't make me wait for the final version, release beta's as soon as you can cause i will go crazy with out them !!!!

pokemonseablueversion

Pokemon Addict
Years
Wow!!!
This game looks good! I really like your style in the bottom screen. I really really like the idea of a Hoenn remake and adding a few of your touches into it. A lot of people also like Hoenn, including me because I like the feel of the story. ^_^ Anyways, I can't wait for the demo.
Good luck and keep it up!

Wow!!!
This game looks good! I really like your style in the bottom screen. I really really like the idea of a Hoenn remake and adding a few of your touches into it. A lot of people also like Hoenn, including me because I like the feel of the story. ^_^ Anyways, I can't wait for the demo.
Good luck and keep it up!

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
So far from what I've seen, it looks pretty good if you ask me. It's visually pleasng to the eyes, and I love what you've done with the bottom screen thing. It looks pretty good. My only complaints is that it looks maybe a little too crowded for me. Like, when I look at your screens of Littleroot and Oldale Towns, I can see that there's lots of cliffs around the place, and while it looks good, it makes it look like it's overcrowding the place. Also from what I can see in your screens, the places look much bigger than they do, which can be a good thing I guess, but I wouldn't go too far over the scale if I were you. :)

I just thought I mention this, but if you ever need help, graphics wise (photoshop etc.), I could probably help you out. :) Just let me know somehow if you ever need it, since you don't seem to have a logo yet. :P

Also, Oldale Town leads onto Route 102 and 103, not 104. :P

Echidna

Years
actually the maps being crowded gives it a reality touch, and makes it look more and more like a remake, and makes it look gd !!!

Years
So far from what I've seen, it looks pretty good if you ask me. It's visually pleasng to the eyes, and I love what you've done with the bottom screen thing. It looks pretty good. My only complaints is that it looks maybe a little too crowded for me. Like, when I look at your screens of Littleroot and Oldale Towns, I can see that there's lots of cliffs around the place, and while it looks good, it makes it look like it's overcrowding the place. Also from what I can see in your screens, the places look much bigger than they do, which can be a good thing I guess, but I wouldn't go too far over the scale if I were you. :)

Yeah, the maps are roughly the same size, but revamped how i'd like to see them done when Game Freak do their remake.

I just thought I mention this, but if you ever need help, graphics wise (photoshop etc.), I could probably help you out. :) Just let me know somehow if you ever need it, since you don't seem to have a logo yet. :P

Thanks, i'll call on you if i need anything :D

Also, Oldale Town leads onto Route 102 and 103, not 104. :P

Hmm, you're right, thanks for pointing that out :3

xCalierz

Don't look, it kills the irony
Years
I like the look of the tiles and the way you've set out the new maps, from what I can see, you favour mountain tiles alot XD.
Anyway, just one small recommendation, maybe use the normal world map other than the artistic one, IMO it would look better.
Good Luck!

Years
Two questions: ARE GAMEFREAK DOING A REMAKE!!!!!!!
also will the same music be used in your game.. because i loved the old Hoen music <3

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Two questions: ARE GAMEFREAK DOING A REMAKE!!!!!!!
also will the same music be used in your game.. because i loved the old Hoen music <3

I'm remaking the music using the Black and White soundfonts, so the music will be the same, only with gen 5 sounds.

Echidna

Years
gamefreak hasn't announced making remakes, and even if they are, they will probably make rs remakes not emerald, so both teams being evil and all, is mostly not gonna be a feature in gf's remakes (this makes this game special...lol)

oh and in response to xCalierz, read before you recommend, he already said he is waiting for someone to make a new map, and this one is only temporary, no offense.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
If a remake were to be made of Ruby and Sapphire they most definitely would incorporate emerald into them. Much like they did with HGSS with the Suicune events. Excited for some updates. :)

Echidna

Years
true true, but not all of them, i mean what would be the poijt of making two remakes, when now both teams are evil in both, but lets keep this offtopicness away from this thread, lol...

blue

gucci
Years
Going to try this once released, I love Hoenn. and I really do believe we'll be hearing of a R/S remake (with Emerald features) very soon now (end of this year or early 2012) and I'm hoping too!

Echidna

Years
everybody loves hoenn !!! or at least i think so, that's why i can't wait for this game's first release !!

xCalierz

Years
gamefreak hasn't announced making remakes, and even if they are, they will probably make rs remakes not emerald, so both teams being evil and all, is mostly not gonna be a feature in gf's remakes (this makes this game special...lol)

oh and in response to xCalierz, read before you recommend, he already said he is waiting for someone to make a new map, and this one is only temporary, no offense.

Ah sorry about that, I didn't read that.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this, Emerald was one of my favourite games.

Echidna

Years
yeah, it brought loads of new features to pokemon gaming, namingly double battles and two evil teams..and more !!! oh and btw, could ya gimme the dimension of the map, i will try to make one, as i have become gd at making them, especially with the no palette feature of RPG M XP

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Hoenn was the turning point in pokemon games, look how the graphics became more advanced.

xCalierz

Years
yeah, it brought loads of new features to pokemon gaming, namingly double battles and two evil teams..and more !!! oh and btw, could ya gimme the dimension of the map, i will try to make one, as i have become gd at making them, especially with the no palette feature of RPG M XP

100% agree, it came with so many excellent add ons
And I'm guessing you used to be a Rom Hacker?

Hoenn was the turning point in pokemon games, look how the graphics became more advanced.

Yeah, they were lovely.
except for those god awful trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back