• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding wild encounters to a map that doesn't have any originally without A-map

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    I'm looking for a way to add wild encounters to a map that doesn't normally have it.

I'm trying to do this with a hex editor instead of via A-map (because changing wild encounters in A-map has corrupted my maps in the past so I don't trust it)

I found this offset via google 3C8E60. It is for wild encounters on route 1. The problem is, my map doesn't have any encounters originally, and because of this, my map doesn't show up.

What I mean is: If you go through the bytes before this adress for Route 1 encounters (3C8E60) you will notice that there is no data for seven island, or six island, but there is data for five island, because five island has wild encounters and the others don't. So how can I add wild encounters to a map like six island?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    If it corrupted your map it's because of a skill issue ;)

AdvanceMap has never broken anything for me that wouldn't be normal to break (IE placing tile in a position such that it looks corrupted when you move to the next map in-game)

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • If it corrupted your map it's because of a skill issue ;)

I can't fathom the amount of skill it takes to edit wild Pokemon data in Amap.

@OP Just use Amap. Make a backup if needed and make sure you're not on an unstable version. The wild Pokemon table requires a bit more work to find as it's a series of tables/pointers. Using a tool is recommended.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    I can't fathom the amount of skill it takes to edit wild Pokemon data in Amap.

Yes that was the joke - corrupting your file with AdvanceMap would only happen if you seriously screwed up or if you were trying to - the latter being a rally weird and unlikely thing :P

Back