• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Aprealently the Eevee in Pokemon Sun is going to be Ash's

What do you think of Eevee being Ash's new pokemon

• I think it's true

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Nah some fan is making jokes

• What?!

• Total voters

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
  • OK so we know that an Eevee will apear in Pokemon SunMoon TV, but i once went on a YT video and "found out" this Eevee would be Ash's

What do you think of this guys?

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I've seen a lot of people complain about this and I don't really see the big deal honestly.

Something like this isn't going to make the current series better or worse (nothing can do that with the current atrocity the series currently is)

Besides your forgetting the obvious 2 reasons to do this:

1. Promote the Let's Go games (not touching them with a 10 foot pole but that's just me)

2. It's clearly going to evolve into a new Eevee-lution to tease/promote Gen 8. What new type the Eevee-lution is... well... that's the question isn't it? I've got no clue honestly.

So there you go. Again though all of that is just me obviously. :irate-stare:

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, to be fair, that Eevee WAS near Ash in the teaser poster for this current season, so it's a reasonable assumption that Ash is going to get it.

And as someone pointed out, it works regarding marketability for the Let's Go games, as Hau technically already has Pikachu in the form of the Alola-version of Raichu, so Eevee's the only logical choice for promotion purposes (not counting Ash's own Pikachu since he was there from the start of the anime and thus technically wouldn't really be promoting anything). And besides, if there's a Gen 8 (and that's assuming the anime continues to that point since there is the likelihood especially after the extremely negative response from the results of the Kalos League that even the Japanese fans unleashed on the likes of Twitter that they'll just have Ash win the league), most likely Eevee will have a new evolution. That's also assuming there's not simply going to be a new Eeveelution in Let's Go anyways (if they can introduce Meltan to Let's Go despite it otherwise being a remake of Pokémon Yellow, I'm pretty sure they can introduce a few other new Pokémon in there, be it evolutions or what not).

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • If it was a new Eevolution though, there are only so many it can become:

Normal(the thought of it becoming stronger but maintaining its Type has been floated)

Poison(Unlikely to happen but typically when an Eevolution is introduced, it's done in pairs and with one having an advantage over the other one. Exception being the original three Kanto Eevolutions. So you had Dark/Psychic in Johto(Dark > Psychic) and Grass/Ice in Sinnoh(Ice > Grass), but no counterweight to Fairy Sylveon when it was introduced).

Steel(Ditto Poison but unlikely to happen)

Dragon(This honestly has more legs than people realize. It could evolve via a Dragon Fang, hence would be an item based Evolution. Furthermore, Sylveon would dominate this new Dragon Type).

Flying(It's a possibility but one that doesn't seem likely)

Ground(If Steel is unlikely to be done, then this won't be)

Rock(Ditto Ground)

Ghost(not sure how this would work...)

Bug(Ditto Ghost)

Fighting(Yeah... not going to happen)

So knowing this, if they were to add a new Eevolution, I'd be leaning Dragon Type. However, based on Ash's reputation when it comes to Evolution, it's got a higher chance at staying as Eevee. It also falls in line with Let's GO premise of not evolving your starter. Since Pikachu won't be Evolving, this Eevee won't be Evolving either.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Is there an actual "source" for the supposed Ash's Eevee "confirmation" that isn't just some random Youtuber's theory video?

Not yet, but Serebii should have more information on it once it comes

Update

It's hard to believe it's true since Satoshi/Ash had a chance to catch two Eeveelutions back in Unova (Vaporeon and Flareon, Jolteon is a electric type, and fate seals that), yet he chose not to do that

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • If Ash does get this Eevee, I do honestly hope it's not temporary like Poipole. :| I never thought Eevee suited Ash, but ah well.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • If Ash does get this Eevee, I do honestly hope it's not temporary like Poipole. :| I never thought Eevee suited Ash, but ah well.

I think maybe it can be like Aipom and travel with him until the next region maybe, and evolve into a new species?

Maybe.

Years
  • ooh this eevee just appeared in the latest episode and it was cute as hell. hope ash or any of the main character catches it just because it looks so badass (with that haircut) and cute

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • ooh this eevee just appeared in the latest episode and it was cute as hell

Really? I'm gonna check serebii now

https://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/sunmoon/1036ps11.shtml

LOL dog family fight

Ontopic, maybe it's Misty's? I renember she wanted an Vaporeon, and i dunno if anime Bill gives them Eevees for free

Update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BjvWQ6r62U

OMG is this real? So the new Eeveelution would be a rock type?

Update

So This Eevee was cauth by Lana, topic can be closed

Last edited:
    Back