• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pricing] Unable to find info about "Team Rocket's Mimikyu".

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
Hi,

I have this card, Team Rocket's Mimikyu, but can't find any information about it for the English version, only about the Japanese-version. I'm thinking of selling, so if anyone know this card and can tell me more about it, it's most welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_3018.jpg
    IMG_3018.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Years
Hi,

I have this card, Team Rocket's Mimikyu, but can't find any information about it for the English version, only about the Japanese-version. I'm thinking of selling, so if anyone know this card and can tell me more about it, it's most welcome.

The reason you can't find anything is that the card was never actually released in English, and what you have in your hands is a counterfeit someone made. You can tell based off of the lack of a 3D shadow around the energy symbols as well as nearly all the fonts used on the card being incorrect, with some more obviously incorrect than others.

Also, the counterfeit you have uses a Japanese style set symbol, which has a format of two letter game series abbreviation (in this case, SM for Sun & Moon) followed by some sort of indication of which set it is within that game series's corresponding TCG release. Only Thai, Korean, Japanese, Indonesian, Taiwanese, and Hong Kong released cards use the Japanese style set symbols because the Japanese publisher handles design and printing for those regions. International cards handled by the US based The Pokemon Company International get a text-free set symbol that's always some sort of symbol.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
Thank you, that explains it all! I've found a post about fake cards and this is indeed a fake card.

Back