• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] [NEW UPDATE: 40+ NEW POKEMON]: Pokémon Infinite Fusion

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
Years
I was a bit surprised that this uses unusual sprites instead of the Standard Pokemon overworld sprites. If I may suggest, could you maybe make the running shoes toggle-able instead of having to Keep pushing the button?
Will do. This should be easy enough.

Also, I have experienced a bug where I go to Viridian City and walk into the mart, when I move outside, I end up inside the street light next to the store and cannot move anywhere.
Aww crap, I shifted the map to the side a bit, but forgot to update the warps. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: Also, not getting healed up after the first Battle with my rival was a surprise.
Didn't think of that. Will fix.

Double Edit: Also, sometimes wild Pokemon do not attack or do anything and instead just sit around and let me attack without anything.

Yeah, this is a known bug. This should be fixed once I upgrade to the newest version of Essentials. In the meantime, I like to pretend that it's a feature!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
Can you get normal Pokemon through breeding? Like, if I breed a Fusion of Squirtle with say Pidgey, with a Ditto, can I get Squirtle eggs? Is there a way planned to catch the remaining Starters or otherwise get them?

Can you, or are you planning to add the Feature for fused Pokemon to evolve? Can a fused Pokemon that uses Eevee as its main form evolve into the different elemental forms of Eevee with the other Pokemon fused too?

I saw that the other game using this Fusion Feature was taken down by Nintendo... anyone know why they did that? They don't seem generally bothered by fangames, so I wonder if they are likely to go after this game too if it becomes succesful.

Schrroms

Years
Can you get normal Pokemon through breeding? Like, if I breed a Fusion of Squirtle with say Pidgey, with a Ditto, can I get Squirtle eggs? Is there a way planned to catch the remaining Starters or otherwise get them?

Can you, or are you planning to add the Feature for fused Pokemon to evolve? Can a fused Pokemon that uses Eevee as its main form evolve into the different elemental forms of Eevee with the other Pokemon fused too?

I saw that the other game using this Fusion Feature was taken down by Nintendo... anyone know why they did that? They don't seem generally bothered by fangames, so I wonder if they are likely to go after this game too if it becomes succesful.

Breeding isn't implemented yet, but yes I plan to do it in more or less the same way as you described.

Both parts of fused Pokemon evolve separately. So for instance, the evolution line of the Squirtle + Pidgey fusion would go like this:
Squirtgey -- lv16-> Wartorgey --lv18-> Wartoeotto --lv36--> Blasteot
Likewise, a fusion of Eevee + Squirtle will be able to evolve in Vaportle, Joltle or Flaretle.

Starters can be found (very rarely) in the wild in specific areas (that aren't yet in the demo, so don't bother looking for now!)

As for the game getting taken down by Nintendo, the only thing I can say is that I hope it doesn't happen! But I wouldn't be in a position to really be able to do anything about it if it did happen, unfortunately.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 21, 2016
i dont know if this has been brought up anywhere...i cant see it in your post (I probably did but didnt pay much attention) how are you going to go about trade evolutions is it going to be an item needed or do they just evolve by level up?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 21, 2016
yeah, I changed trade evolutions to level up. They evolve at level 50 iirc.
Yeah it's kind of a cheap way to do it, but it's just much simpler¸ and it works fine in my opinion.

very nice might start a lets play of the game when it gets further into it for my youtube channel :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
I think someone mentioned it already, but you planning to have someone work over the sprites? Maybe give a General call out to Deviant-Art artists that you would be happy if People made some changes to some of the more... egregious cases.

I am playing around with the Fusion Generator tool on the net and some Mons look just much cooler than others.... which just look Kind of bad. One mon with the face of another isn't always that sensible. Some also look Kind of weird. Parasect + Ghastly Looks like some orb of fog with 2 white holes?

Plus, the art that can be found on the net is awesome and some of it appearing in the game would certainly be awesome if you can get permission.

Schrroms

Years
I think someone mentioned it already, but you planning to have someone work over the sprites? Maybe give a General call out to Deviant-Art artists that you would be happy if People made some changes to some of the more... egregious cases.

I am playing around with the Fusion Generator tool on the net and some Mons look just much cooler than others.... which just look Kind of bad. One mon with the face of another isn't always that sensible. Some also look Kind of weird. Parasect + Ghastly Looks like some orb of fog with 2 white holes?

Plus, the art that can be found on the net is awesome and some of it appearing in the game would certainly be awesome if you can get permission.

While this would obviously be great, I don't think it's reasonably doable. That would be 22 650 individual sprites to be done by hand and it would require an insane amount of work.
I'm thinking of adding some kind of filter on the sprites to make them look a bit better at some point in the near future. Of course, this won't fix everything, but it'll at least make them look less pixelated.

If people are up for the challenge, then I'd gladly use them in the game though! But honestly, it'd probably be easier to just make a new, better generator at this point (which I MIGHT try to do eventually if I decide to add Pokemon for other generations :P.

Last edited:

Raoul_D

Dusclopsian Game Tester
Years
I'll just leave this here as a general PSA memo: If you pick Charmander (I have only confirmed it with Charmander, I'll check the other starters) and fuse it with the Aerodactyl in the Museum in Pewter, you will not be able to evolve it. When you get it to level 16, when you leave the battle the game will crash.

I don't know how Charmeleon with Aerodactyl works but I shall update this as I find out more about the errors.

Bulba with Aero colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
Ivy with Aero colours = Broken, crashes when Bulba tries to evolve
Mander with Aero colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
Meleon with Aero colours = Broken, crashes when Meleon tries to evolve
Squir with Aero colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
War with Aero colours = Broken, crashes when Squir tries to evolve

Aero with Bulba colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
Aero with Ivy colours = Broken, crashes when Bulba tries to evolve
Aero with Mander colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
Aero with Meleon colours = Broken, crashes when Meleon tries to evolve
Aero with Squir colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
Aero with War colours = Broken, crashes when Squir tries to evolve

So from the above results, the starters are busted and generally can't be used, at least on my version of the game. That just serves as a general warning for people when their starters get near L16

Another glitch I found when getting Squir to War was with Camper Liam. I beat him and the game restarted due to the script taking too long to load. I loaded the game up again and it forced me to fight him again. I know it's a glitch because in the first battle Squir went L12 -> L13 and in the second battle he was L13. The only Pokemon in my team were Squirtle and the Aero and I did this after Aerotle test and Squirdactyl test. It only happened the once

Last edited:

Schrroms

Years
I'll just leave this here as a general PSA memo: If you pick Charmander (I have only confirmed it with Charmander, I'll check the other starters) and fuse it with the Aerodactyl in the Museum in Pewter, you will not be able to evolve it. When you get it to level 16, when you leave the battle the game will crash.

I don't know how Charmeleon with Aerodactyl works but I shall update this as I find out more about the errors.

Bulba with Aero colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
Ivy with Aero colours = Broken, crashes when Bulba tries to evolve
Mander with Aero colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
Meleon with Aero colours = Broken, crashes when Meleon tries to evolve
Squir with Aero colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
War with Aero colours = Broken, crashes when Squir tries to evolve

Aero with Bulba colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
Aero with Ivy colours = Broken, crashes when Bulba tries to evolve
Aero with Mander colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
Aero with Meleon colours = Broken, crashes when Meleon tries to evolve
Aero with Squir colours = Broken, crashes on evolution
Aero with War colours = Broken, crashes when Squir tries to evolve

So from the above results, the starters are busted and generally can't be used, at least on my version of the game. That just serves as a general warning for people when their starters get near L16

Another glitch I found when getting Squir to War was with Camper Liam. I beat him and the game restarted due to the script taking too long to load. I loaded the game up again and it forced me to fight him again. I know it's a glitch because in the first battle Squir went L12 -> L13 and in the second battle he was L13. The only Pokemon in my team were Squirtle and the Aero and I did this after Aerotle test and Squirdactyl test. It only happened the once

Hmm.. That sounds pretty bad. I was unaware of that bug.
I'll look into it and try to fix it asap, thanks for letting me know.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯,

Edit: Looks like I accidentally deleted a line from the evolution script.
Here's a patch. Just replace the data folder by this one and the evolution glitch should be fixed.

By the way, how do you guys think levels should be handled while fusing two Pokemon? As of now, the resulting Pokemon is the same level as the one of the two base Pokemon with the highest level, but I'm thinking that it might be better to make it the average of both. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Raoul_D

Dusclopsian Game Tester
Years
By the way, how do you guys think levels should be handled while fusing two Pokemon? As of now, the resulting Pokemon is the same level as the one of the two base Pokemon with the highest level, but I'm thinking that it might be better to make it the average of both. Thoughts?

I think it should be an average but to a point. at which it's a new calculation.

Gap is 0 to 10 Levels: Average it out and go with it
Gap is 11+ Levels: Average the levels out (Going to the higher end) until the gap is in the 0 to 10 range between average and fusion material

If I hatched a Duskull and fused it with a Level 100 Galvantula, the following happens
1+100/2=50.2=51 51+100/2=75.5=76 100+76/2=88 100+88/2=94
The final level is 94 because it is within 0 and 10 levels of one of the fusion materials

Thanks for the patch as well

Benjamin Kuli

Mahagon
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2022
The new graphics are nice, the whole idea is nice, but... I feel like that this is the situation where you'd said "the less is more". I mean, the whole fusion thing is really interesting and one of the features I like in fan-games (aside from Delta Species), but I hope it will only feature the original 151 Pokémon instead of all the current ones up to 6th Gen, because that would be just too much. Even in the current states, some Fusions just feel a bit... off.

I actually don't mind there are no custom sprites. I mean, that would be LOTS of work to include them. If you wanted custom sprites, the best option would be reducing the number of fusions, but that would ruin the "fun". Maybe.

(Another alternative is what others said: ask deviantart users who already made fusions for permission to use their work.)

Schrroms

Years
Many people have been asking about how Pokemon Fusions work in the game, so I thought I'd make a post detailling it.

Species
The order matters when fusing Pokémon. Psyduck + Slowpoke will result in the body of Slowpoke with the head and color of Psyduck, while Slowpoke + Psyduck will result in the body of Psyduck with the head and color of Slowpoke.

As of demo 1.6, this is decided by the order in which the Pokémon are selected, but I'm thinking of making it so that the Pokémon with the highest level decides the body and the other decides the head/color (or vice-versa)
Shininess is retained upon fusing, no matter which base Pokémon was shiny.

Type
Type is determined according to the first type of the head/color Pokémon and the second type of the body Pokémon (first if it only has 1 type)
If the two types are the same, then it will be single-type.

Here are a few examples to help you visualize it better:

Bellsprout (Grass/Poison) + Mr. Mime (Psychic/Fairy) -> Bellmime (Grass/Fairy)
Kadabra (Psychic) + Zapdos (Electric/Flying) -> Kadados (Psychic/Flying)
Geodude (Rock/Ground) + Mew (Psychic) -> Geoew (Rock/Psychic)
Tentacool (Water/Poison) + Zubat (Poison/Flying) -> Zucool (Water/Flying)
Zubat (Poison/Flying) + Tentacool (Water/Poison) -> Zucool (Poison)

There are some exceptions. Normal/Flying types are considered single-type Flying, Gyarados is considered single-type water and the Ghastly line are considered single-type ghost.

Level
As of demo 1.6the fused Pokemon is the same level as whichever of the base Pokemon was highest level.
However, I will likely change this to make it work in the the way Raoul_D suggested in this post.

Abilities
A fused Pokemon gets the first ability of either base Pokémon.

Stats
Stats are an (almost) average of the stats of the two base Pokemon. They are calculated in the following way: (poke1 + poke2) / 1.75
I chose to divise it by 1.75 instead of making it a true average so that fused Pokemon have a slight stats boost without them being too OP.

Movesets
A fused Pokemon gets the full movesets of both parents.
So Blastizard will learn Hydro Pump at level 60 and then Inferno at level 62.

Evolutions
Each halves evolve separately.
So for Squirtle + Pidgey, you'll get:
Squirtgey -lvl16-> Wargey -lv18--> Wareotto -lv36--> Blasteot
Same thing with Pokemon that evolve with stone.

As a note, trade evolutions now evolve at level 40.

IVs
Average of both.
EVs
All EVs of both are received.

Breeding (not done yet)
When breeding two fused Pokemon together, the offspring has chance of being any combination of the Pokémon composing the parent Pokemon.

Let's say we're breeding Squirtle+Rattata (Squirtata) with Charmander+Psyduck (Charduck), the offspring can be either:

Squirtle, Rattle, Chartle, Psytle,
Squirttata, Rattata, Chartata , Psytata,
Squirtmander, Ratmander, Charmander, Psymander,
Squirtduck, Ratduck, Charduck, Psyduck,

The actual probabilities haven't been decided yet, but I'm thinking on basing the whole thing off Mendelian inheritance
I will likely add items that the parents can hold, similarly to the everstone for natures, so that the probabilities can be controlled.

I think that about covers it. Let me know if I forgot anything.

Last edited:

Raoul_D

Dusclopsian Game Tester
Years
I really enjoyed playing through this time, I can't wait for more places for me to break into before I'm supposed to and fix everything there. I mained this round with c the level 37 Dugtoise, which I got via exploit, and Kawaii? the double shiny Goldchan from Professor Oak

I call it a double shiny because I think it sounds cooler since both halves are shiny. It would take too much work to add in half shiny sprites twice and then a double shiny sprite for every Pokemon though

Edit: I got a bit bored so I made this response to Schrrom's above post

As of demo 1.6, this is decided by the order in which the Pokémon are selected, but I'm thinking of making it so that the Pokémon with the highest level decides the body and the other decides the head/color (or vice-versa)

EVs
All EVs of both are received.

Breeding (not done yet)
When breeding two fused Pokemon together, the offspring has chance of being any combination of the Pokémon composing the parent Pokemon.

Let's say we're breeding Squirtle+Rattata (Squirtata) with Charmander+Psyduck (Charduck), the offspring can be either:

I just want to give my input on these topics.

Fusion
I prefer having the order determine the base Pokemon, as it gives some greater sense of control, and with my Duskull and Galvantula situation, what would happen if they were both 100? And if my Galvantula was level 99 and want a Dusclops body, It would be a pain having to get it to level 100.

EVs
I'm not sure how exactly this would work, because if the EVs of both are recieved, then if you fully EV trained both Pokemon before Fusion, in different stats, say Darmanitan with 252 HP/ATK with 4 Speed, and a Gengar with 252SP.ATK/SPD with 4 Special Defense, then would the Genganitan have 252 HP/ATK/SP.ATK/SPD and 4 Special Defense?

I feel like it make more sense to either wipe the EVs or to average them out, meaning physicals are only mixed with physicals, specials with specials, mixed with whoever

Breeding
If I am interpereting that scenario correctly, then would it be a one in four chance of Squirtata with Squirtata, a one in four chance of Charduck with Charduck and a one in two chance of Charduck with Squirtata

So that leads to:

A/A or B/B - (1/4 to select)
Squirtle - 1/4 (1/16 overall)
Rattata - 1/4 (1/16 overall)
Charmander - 1/4 (1/16 overall)
Psyduck - 1/4 (1/16 overall)

Squirtata - 1/2 (1/8 overall)
Charduck - 1/2 (1/8 overall)

A/B - (1/4 to select)
Squirmander - 1/4 (1/16 overall)
Ratmander - 1/4 (1/16 overall)
Squirduck - 1/4 (1/16 overall)
Ratduck - 1/4 (1/16 overall)

B/A - (1/4 to select)
Chartle - 1/4 (1/16 overall)
Chartata - 1/4 (1/16 overall)
Psytle - 1/4 (1/16 overall)
Psytata - 1/4 (1/16 overall)

If there is some form of reward for completing the NatDex, with proof, breeding would make it faster

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 22, 2015
I had an idea for another game that used fusions. It involved breeding, in a way that doesn't quite match what you had the idea of. My idea relies completely on a 2x2 Punnett square.

If you breed (Squirtle+Ratata) with the same, you should have:
1/4 chance of a pure Ratata.
1/4 chance of a pure Squirtle
1/4 chance of (Squirtle+Ratata)
1/4 chance of (Ratata+Squirtle)
Here is the graphical representation of this:
imgur/dJ2fcVI.jpg
The website I used to generate this orders the results alphabetically. I would switch the order of the top-right result, in this case.

Here are a few more examples:
imgur/LBAkTME.jpg
imgur/jcAVoce.jpg
imgur/1Xs8Tiv.jpg
imgur/U15ivW0.jpg
(Sorry they aren't complete links. This is my first post on this website)
Here is a link to the album:
imgur/a/Iy8Gf

Also, if you popped in a pure Squirtle and a pure Ratata, You would either get a (Squirtle+Ratata) or a (Ratata+Squirtle), with an equal chance of each.
To me, It wouldn't make sense if you popped in a (Squirtle+Ratata) with a completely unrelated fusion and got a pure Squirtle. Genetically, it doesn't make sense.

As for Ditto, there could be a way to specify whether to follow the normal Ditto rules or the rules as mentioned above (Squirtle and Ditto get a (Squirle+Ditto) instead of a Squirtle)

Last edited:

Schrroms

Years
I had an idea for another game that used fusions. It involved breeding, in a way that doesn't quite match what you had the idea of. My idea relies completely on a 2x2 Punnett square.

If you breed (Squirtle+Ratata) with the same, you should have:
1/4 chance of a pure Ratata.
1/4 chance of a pure Squirtle
1/4 chance of (Squirtle+Ratata)
1/4 chance of (Ratata+Squirtle)
Here is the graphical representation of this:
imgur/dJ2fcVI.jpg
The website I used to generate this orders the results alphabetically. I would switch the order of the top-right result, in this case.

I quite like this actually.
Like you said, it makes more sense genetically and it's also much simpler to implement than what I was initially going for.

I think I'll go with this instead of my first idea if you don't mind!

Years
Mind if I try to come up with some code to pull off your fusion mechanics without having every single possible fusion labeled as a seperate Pokemon in the PBS files?

It's a really cool idea, but the coder in me is sitting here going "here's how I'd do it", and then to find out you did it through the PBS files and a formula probably like "151 + 151*headspecies + bodyspecies"? You're making it more work for yourself in the long run, since if you want to make a small change to, say, Ghastly's moveset, you also have to do it for Ghastsaur, Ghastmander, Ghastmeleon, etc.

Programmer's Itch, you could call it.

Schrroms

Years
Mind if I try to come up with some code to pull off your fusion mechanics without having every single possible fusion labeled as a seperate Pokemon in the PBS files?

It's a really cool idea, but the coder in me is sitting here going "here's how I'd do it", and then to find out you did it through the PBS files and a formula probably like "151 + 151*headspecies + bodyspecies"? You're making it more work for yourself in the long run, since if you want to make a small change to, say, Ghastly's moveset, you also have to do it for Ghastsaur, Ghastmander, Ghastmeleon, etc.

Programmer's Itch, you could call it.

Yeah that'd be nice for sure. The way I have it set up atm is that I run a Java script to generate the pokemon.txt file from a csv file containing the pokemon information, so I don't really have to apply every small change manually.

But you're right, it would absolutely be more efficient to do it procedurally directly in rmxp. Having a pokemon.txt file that isn't 400 000 lines and that doesn't take 10 minutes to compile would be refreshing for sure!

Honestly, the reason I didn't do it that way from the get go is that I knew basically nothing about Ruby or Essentials when I started this project so it was just easier to write something in Java haha! But if you were to come up with some code to do it in-engine, I'd gladly use it instead of how I'm doing things right now (and I'd credit you as a programmer of course!)

Do you want me to send you the pbs files or do you think you have enough info on the fusions mechanics already? Hell I can send you the Java code I use to generate everything if you want (it's messy as shit though!)

Last edited:
Years
Yeah that'd be nice for sure. The way I have it set up atm is that I run a Java script to generate the pokemon.txt file from a csv file containing the pokemon information, so I don't really have to apply every small change manually.

But you're right, it would absolutely be more efficient to do it procedurally directly in rmxp. Having a pokemon.txt file that isn't 400 000 lines and that doesn't take 10 minutes to compile would be refreshing for sure!

Honestly, the reason I didn't do it that way from the get go is that I knew basically nothing about Ruby or Essentials when I started this project so it was just easier to write something in Java haha! But if you were to come up with some code to do it in-engine, I'd gladly use it instead of how I'm doing things right now (and I'd credit you as a programmer of course!)

Do you want me to send you the pbs files or do you think you have enough info on the fusions mechanics already? Hell I can send you the Java code I use to generate everything if you want (it's messy as **** though!)
Actually, what I'd need would be a copy of your Scripts.rxdata (in your game's Data folder). That way I don't have to ask what changes you made to the scripts already - which as far as I know is only the change to the DNA Splicers.

Schrroms

Years
Actually, what I'd need would be a copy of your Scripts.rxdata (in your game's Data folder). That way I don't have to ask what changes you made to the scripts already - which as far as I know is only the change to the DNA Splicers.

Perfect, I'll send it to you in a few hours once I get home from work.

Back