• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Adamant Nature Greninja for In Game?

Years
Just restarted Y version and picked Froakie. Got one with Adamant nature. Is Water Suriken any good in this game? will a physical Greninja be alright when I get to the E4? Been a long time since I played this game so forgot a lot of info.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Water Shuriken is better in Gen 7 with the change to special and the slight boost it receives when Greninja is Ash-Greninja. Not really worth using in Gen 6 imo.

Greninja doesn't have a terribly impressive physical movepool without ORAS move tutors (not the you'd be able to make use of them pre-E4 even in ORAS), but like, in-game, so maybe you could make it serviceable in X/Y.....

Years
What about Waterfall then? I know at least Night Slash will be good but she wont learn that until lvl 77. I doubt I'll be that high before the E4 but maybe idk.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Yeah, Waterfall would be your go-to Water STAB. Night Slash you can learn earlier than that via the move relearner in Dendemille Town, as it's also listed as a level 1 move for Greninja, so you get it that way.

Back