• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon World] Challenger: Return to Kanto. A highly fictionalised Nuzlocke Novel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2023
    challenger-2.jpg

War rages between Kanto and Johto with Team Rocket and their leader Giovanni secretly holding the former region within their corrupt and oppressive grasp. The common people see the criminal mastermind as a heroic saviour but two minor factions in Kanto know the truth. The Rocket Resistance led by Erik, Leaf, Blue and Wally must form an alliance with the mysterious 'Servants' as they vie to expose and overthrow Giovanni's tyrannical rule knowing that certain defeat and failure awaits them.

Challenger is a highly fictionalised novel of my nuzlocke run through Pokemon: FireRed featuring a whole new story, many new characters and events. Every Pokemon that died in my run will die at around the same point in the story but not necessarily in the same battle as many trainer fights have been cut to give the narrative more focus.

The goal of Return to Kanto is to be a Pokemon story which is darker, grittier and grounded in reality. I shall post one or two chapters every week (apart from one in October) and follow a strict schedule to ensure the novel is fully posted before Christmas, the Chapter titles and dates for released are shown below:

Chapter One – Rocket Resistance (August 2nd - 4th)
    Chapter Two – Announcement (August 6th - 8th)
    Chapter Three – A New Leaf (August 9th - 11th)
    Chapter Four – Metal Monster (August 16th - 18th)
    Chapter Five – Identity (August 23rd - 25th)
    Chapter Six – Expedition (August 30th - September 1st)
    Chapter Seven – Bill's Fortress (September 6th - 8th)
    Chapter Eight – Rescue (September 13th - 15th)
    Chapter Nine – Silver and Stone (September 20th - 22nd)
    Chapter Ten – The Incident (September 27th - 29th)
    Chapter Eleven – Negotiation (October 4th - 6th)
    Chapter Twelve – Survivors (October 18th - 20th)
    Chapter Thirteen – The Heiko Alliance (October 25th - 27th)
    Chapter Fourteen – All Out War (October 31st - November 1st )
    Chapter Fifteen – Past and Present (November 2nd - 6th)
    Chapter Sixteen – The Last Angel (November 8th - 10th)
    Chapter Seventeen – Where It All Began (November 15th - 17th)
    Chapter Eighteen – Tamer (November 22nd - 24th)
    Chapter Nineteen – Fate (November 29th - December 1st)
    Chapter Twenty – Sacrifice (December 6th - 8th)​

Vragon

Cool, um but you might want to post your first chapter now since it is the rule to put the first chapter on the first post. (I'd recommend looking at the rules and stuff)

Though this looks promising possibly. I'm curious how you will take this nuzlocke run. I've seen some good and I've seen some bad. Let's see about yours as it comes in.

Bay

Years
  • Hey, I noticed that you're back! However, I'm gonna have to close this for now since you haven't posted your story yet. If you want, you can ask me to reopen this thread or create a new one once you're ready to post. One other thing, you should use the Pokemon prefix for stories while Pokemon World is more worldbuliding stuff, sorry for the confusion haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back