• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Episode Discussion] The anime is poor from lack of Pokemon especially new ones and in particular wild

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I have been watching the Indigo League right through and I am struck by how few wild pokemon especially new ones there are. Some episodes have no wilds or even other trainer's ones. What a massive missed opportunity? A relatively easy and interesting way to fill up the episode list and would slow movement so they didn't have make extra areas and jam Team Rocket into just about every episode. My child wants to make a game based on it and if he was faithful then the player could fill up half of the Kanto pokedex.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I have been watching the Indigo League right through and I am struck by how few wild pokemon especially new ones there are. Some episodes have no wilds or even other trainer's ones. What a massive missed opportunity? A relatively easy and interesting way to fill up the episode list and would slow movement so they didn't have make extra areas and jam Team Rocket into just about every episode. My child wants to make a game based on it and if he was faithful then the player could fill up half of the Kanto pokedex.

The Pokémon anime mostly focuses on specific Pokémon, the issues that they might be going through, and emphasizes their personalities. It doesn't really focus too much on wild Pokémon in general unless one of the characters need to help one in trouble or if Ash is going to catch an new Pokémon to add to his time, which doesn't really happen too often.

Back