• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 8] FeraligatrMaster's Hisuian adventure

Years
    • Seen today
    Today, I've finally gotten Pokemon Legends: Arceus in my mailbox! And so far, I'm loving it!

For my character, I picked the girl that looked like Dawn, one of my favourite Pokegirls. The intro contained plenty of dialogue, but then something interesting happened. The professor asked me to catch the starters.

After retrieving the starters, I went to Jubilife Village. Here, I met Rei, who looked like Lucas. Additionally, I was introduced to the Galaxy Team and joined them. They told me to catch a Bidoof, a Starly, and a Shinx. However, I had no Pokemon of my own! Fortunately, the professor came to my rescue and let me pick one of his starters. I picked Rowlet.

When I got my Rowlet, Rei showed me around the Jubilife Village. After that, I met Volo. He challenged me to a battle, and I won. Afterwards, I could start with my mission. When I caught the Bidoof, it had a Rash nature, so I tried soft resetting for a better nature. That turned out to be in vain, however, as the Bidoof still had the Rash nature after 2 soft resets. I decided to deal with it, and just continue with my mission.

After succeeding the mission, I got my team uniform, and some more tutorial stuff. Then the professor tasked me with catching Pokemon for the Pokedex. I've caught enough Pokemon to get a star. Aside from Bidoof, Starly, and Shinx, I've also caught Buizel and Wurmple.

After getting my first star, I had to meet Rei at the training grounds. I thought I could catch some other Pokemon first, but the guards wouldn't let me leave Jubilife Village. Therefore, I had to fight Rei's Pikachu with my Rowlet. My Rowlet got paralyzed and was unable to attack twice in a row. Despite that, it pulled through for me.

Current team members:
    Rowlet
    Starly
    Shinx
    Bidoof
    Buizel
    Wurmple

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hope you have fun playing through this game! I'm not too far in myself because I've been working on my Pokedex and side requests instead of the main storyline, but it's a lot of fun! It's also quite hard though (especially in comparison to past Pokemon games) so be warned! This isn't the type of game you can beat by just mindlessly mashing the A button, haha.

Do you have a set team in mind you want to use, or will you just catch things and rotate your team as you go?

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not far into the game either. I'm also working on my Pokedex.

As for my team, I'm gonna rotate my members for now. Right now, Hisuian Decidueye is the most likely to make my final team.

Years
    • Seen today
    Lately, I've been so busy with catching Pokemon that I had to buy new Tumblestone to craft new Poke Balls! Fortunately, I was rewarded with money for catching Pokemon. Also, I discovered that if you catch at least 10 Pokemon on an excursion, you get paid even more handsomely!

Another thing I discovered is that when a Pokemon reaches its evolution level, it doesn't automatically evolve. Instead, you have to evolve it manually. I did so with my Wurmple, and it evolved into a Silcoon. Then I had it use Poison Sting enough to complete my research task.

I also caught some Drifloon, and one of them is a rotating team member.

Current team members:
    Rowlet
    Starly
    Shinx
    Bidoof
    Silcoon
    Buizel
    Drifloon

Years
    • Seen today
    Recently, I found a lost satchel. I picked it up and returned it to its owner. I began looking for other lost satchels. Meanwhile, I found an Eevee, and I had to catch it. Unfortunately, it had a Mild nature. I'll either evolve it into an Umbreon, or a Glaceon, or not at all.

On a better note, my Silcoon evolved into a Beautifly, and I did enough research to gain another star. Now I'm a 2 star member.

Current team members:
    Rowlet
    Starly
    Shinx
    Bidoof
    Beautifly
    Buizel
    Drifloon

Years
    • Seen today
    Today, I found a few more Eevee. Too bad none of them had any desirable natures. However, I also found a Ponyta! Which I caught, of course. I also got another Wurmple, which had a desirable nature, so I trained it, and it evolved into a Cascoon. I've made it a team member.

Current team members:
    Rowlet
    Starly
    Shinx
    Bidoof
    Beautifly
    Cascoon
    Buizel
    Drifloon

Other Pokemon in my possession:
    Eevee
    Ponyta

Years
    • Seen today
    Recently, my Cascoon evolved, I caught a Buizel for a request, and I caught a Mime Jr.! However, that Mime Jr. has an Adamant nature, so I probably won't use it.

Current team members:
    Rowlet
    Starly
    Shinx
    Bidoof
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Drifloon

Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Ponyta

Years
    • Seen today
    Today, I decided to challenge Mai and her Munchlax with my Shinx, and I finally defeated her!

Aside from that, I was also able to catch Kricketot and Zubat. I've got one of them each with a Jolly nature, and I'll keep those.

My Rowlet, Starly, Shinx, and Kricketot reached high enough levels for evolution. I'm not evolving Rowlet yet, as I still need to do some research tasks with it. I did evolve the others.

Soon, I'll have to deal with an Alpha Pokemon. But for now, I was able to get another star. Now I'm at 3 stars.

Current team members:
    Rowlet
    Staravia
    Luxio
    Bidoof
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Drifloon
    Kricketune
    Zubat

Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Ponyta

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Today, I managed to catch a Geodude! Now I can farm Tumblestone!

I also found a Burmy while having my Pokemon hit berry trees. I caught that too.

Current team members:
    Rowlet
    Staravia
    Luxio
    Bidoof
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Drifloon
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Geodude

Burmy
    Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Ponyta

Years
    • Seen today
    While exploring the Obsidian Fieldlands, I found an Abra! It was difficult to reach, let alone catch, but I prevailed. It had a Careful nature, though.

Also, I finished all research tasks for Rowlet (except for catching 25 of them, since I can't find any other Rowlet yet), so I was ready to evolve it!

Current team members:
    Dartrix
    Staravia
    Luxio
    Bidoof
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Drifloon
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Geodude

Abra
    Burmy
    Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Ponyta

Years
    • Seen today
    Recently, I decided to deal with my first Alpha Pokemon. It was a Kricketune! After hitting it with an Aerial Ace, I was able to capture it.

When I caught the Alpha Kricketune, I encountered a Wyrdeer. Man, it was ugly. Also, it didn't let me catch it.

On the other hand, a new camp was made where the Alpha Kricketune was. Meanwhile, I had to report to Kamado, and he informed me about a rogue Alpha Pokemon: Kleavor. My next mission is to teach it some manners.

Current team members:
    Dartrix
    Staravia
    Luxio
    Bidoof
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Drifloon
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Geodude

Abra
    Burmy
    Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Ponyta

Years
    • Seen today
    Lately, I caught some new Pokemon! A Pikachu, a Paras, a Munchlax, and a Stantler, to be precise. I also got a Ponyta and an Abra with a desirable nature. Furthermore, I got my fourth star!

Current team members:
    Dartrix
    Staravia
    Luxio
    Bidoof
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Drifloon
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Geodude
    Abra
    Ponyta

Burmy
    Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Munchlax
    Paras
    Pikachu
    Stantler

Years
    • Seen today
    Lately, I've been busy with research tasks. During my research, my Geodude evolved, I caught a Paras with an Adamant nature, and I caught a Psyduck and a Buneary! I also got a Fire Stone, which I'll hold on to for now.

Current team members:
    Dartrix
    Staravia
    Luxio
    Bidoof
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Drifloon
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Graveler
    Abra
    Ponyta
    Paras

Burmy
    Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Munchlax
    Pikachu
    Stantler
    Psyduck
    Buneary

Years
    • Seen today
    Recently, I got to evolve my Bidoof into a Bibarel, caught a Buneary with a Jolly nature, and I got my fifth star! I also caught a shiny Kricketot.

Current team members:
    Dartrix
    Staravia
    Luxio
    Bibarel
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Drifloon
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Graveler
    Abra
    Ponyta
    Paras
    Buneary

Burmy
    Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Munchlax
    Pikachu
    Stantler
    Psyduck

Years
    • Seen today
    Lately, I caught a Pikachu with a Modest nature! I also managed to evolve my Luxio.

Current team members:
    Dartrix
    Staravia
    Luxray
    Bibarel
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Drifloon
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Graveler
    Abra
    Ponyta
    Paras
    Buneary
    Pikachu

Burmy
    Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Munchlax
    Stantler
    Psyduck

Years
    • Seen today
    Recently, I caught a Psyduck with a Modest nature, and my Lopunny evolved!

I also caught an Alpha Bibarel. It had a Timid nature. Eh, I'll accept it. I need to catch 4 more Alpha Bibarel to complete a research task.

Current team members:
    Dartrix
    Staravia
    Luxray
    Bibarel
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Drifloon
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Graveler
    Abra
    Ponyta
    Paras
    Lopunny
    Pikachu
    Psyduck

Burmy
    Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Munchlax
    Stantler

Years
    • Seen today
    Today, I caught a Burmy with a Timid nature, one with a Modest nature, and a Combee. Also, I've decided to split my list of team members into major and minor team members.

Major team members:
    Dartrix
    Staravia
    Luxray
    Drifloon
    Graveler
    Ponyta
    Pikachu
    Psyduck

Minor team members:
    Bibarel
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Burmy
    Abra
    Paras
    Lopunny

Eevee
    Mime Jr.
    Munchlax
    Stantler
    Combee

Years
    • Seen today
    My Modest Burmy evolved into a Wormadam! Also, I got my 6th star!

Major team members:
    Dartrix
    Staravia
    Luxray
    Drifloon
    Graveler
    Ponyta
    Pikachu
    Psyduck

Minor team members:
    Bibarel
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Wormadam (Grass Cloak)
    Abra
    Paras
    Lopunny

Eevee
    Burmy
    Mime Jr.
    Munchlax
    Stantler
    Combee

Years
    • Seen today
    Time for some story progress. I went to the place where Kleavor was supposed to be. But instead of Kleavor, I encountered a guy named Liam. He thought I couldn't handle Kleavor, so I challenged him to a battle. He sent out a Goomy, and I sent out my Lopunny, as it had Draining Kiss. I let my Lopunny use Draining Kiss. Surprisingly, it was a critical hit!

After defeating Liam, I got the ability to travel to base camps instantly by using the X button while viewing the map. I really wish I had this QOL feature earlier.

Anyways, after reporting to Professor Laventon, I was taken to the Galaxy Hall, where we discussed our next move. Afterwards, I encountered Adaman and Mai again, and they gave me a special flute to summon a Wyrdeer which I can ride. Although the riding is fun, I still don't like Wyrdeer.

And last but not least, my Dartrix evolved! I now have a Hisuian Decidueye!

Major team members:
    Decidueye
    Staravia
    Luxray
    Drifloon
    Graveler
    Ponyta
    Pikachu
    Psyduck

Minor team members:
    Bibarel
    Beautifly
    Dustox
    Buizel
    Kricketune
    Zubat
    Wormadam (Grass Cloak)
    Abra
    Paras
    Lopunny

Eevee
    Burmy
    Mime Jr.
    Munchlax
    Stantler
    Combee

Years
    • Seen today
    After getting my new flute, I decided to discover the Obsidian Fieldlands some more. I caught a Machop and a Scyther, as well as a Mime Jr. with a Timid nature.

Major team members:
    Decidueye
    Staravia
    Luxray
    Drifloon
    Graveler
    Ponyta
    Pikachu
    Psyduck

Minor team members:
    Bibarel
    Beautifly