• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Personalised Pokemon Egg

blue

gucci
Years
  • I've ween these in the anime and I always thought why aren't they like this in the games! It would make it so mich essier to determine what is going to hatch which can become complicated when breedinng multiple Pokemon, plus it would look cute.

ArcanineIsDaBomb

Arcanine + Golurk
    Years
  • I support the idea of Pokemon eggs getting unique designs, but as mentioned it sounds a little difficult to manage designing 700 unique ones for different Pokemon XD;. But then it would be helpful if you've forgotten what sort of Pokemon you're breeding and it really adds a nice touch. However the only flaw is things like egg swapping in-game, is it spoils whats inside and I love having no knowledge until it hatches...so yeah that'd probably be the only flaw D:.

~Rainbow

Midkari10

Oshawotts shine!
    Years
  • Sites like Global Pokedex Plus managed to pull this off, by having eggs designed after the Pokemon it contains. I would like to see personalized eggs similar to what they have there seen in-game but given we're going to have around 700+ Pokemon, it's going to be a bit tricky.

At least it would help us be able to tell what Pokemon's inside.

~ Hikari

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This would be sooo cute. I'd love if they implemented this. Seeing the eggs now make me think I'm getting Yoshi and I get SO HAPPY, but it hatches and it's not Yoshi...and that's sad.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    Yes, it's important to remember that Gamefreak is a company, but if it were true that EVERY LITTLE THING IS BASED OFF HOW MUCH MONEY GAMEFREAK CAN STEAL FROM US then our games would be far more unpolished. They can sell a lackluster product and still make money. Besides, you'd be surprised how much the little details can count in a game.

Yes okay, but seeing as the target and main audience still is children, who i dont think would really care all that much about it. So GF has two options: either pay artists to do the egg design, which would maybe be cut in on other projects, so they can help pokemon breeders. Or they could stay with the white-with-green-spots design and lose almost no buyers on it. Yes they would still earn tons of money, but its such a small thing that the time and money could be invested in, for example, 10 more pokemon. Also, the type thing sounds as a good replacer.

Years
  • If not individual designs then couldn't eggs have at least different colors? Whether they were matched to something specific of the Pokemon inside (egg group, type, etc.) or not I'd like to see eggs with a different design and would really like it if a game allowed multiple colored eggs (as in several different eggs with different colors/designs).

Back