• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Properly Sleeving Cards?

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2017
    So I've seen many opinions on how to sleeve cards, (especially EX/GX's). So I had a bunch of questions to ask to see what people recommended.

Sleeving an EX for Long term protection.

I hear many people sleeving their cards upside down into a penny sleeve, then into a hard plastic toploader to block all air. But can't the card slide out of the penny sleeve and bump the Toploader? ( the penny sleeve feels loose in the toploader).

Does it matter if a penny sleeve is used, or if a PERFECT FIT sleeve is used, when combining it with a toploader? Or is it recommended to use a penny sleeve for the extra space to prevent bumping.

Anyway.. what do you guys recommend? I'm aware of using good binders and double sleeving (perfect fit with KMC or Dragonshields) but what about toploaders?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh i just put them in a dragonshield sleeve and dump them in my binder. I play more than collect though.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2017
    Hi! I made a video just last week, a review for ultimate guard. I think that their product are very good for storing cards. Extremely durable, but however a little pricey.
    If you want to be super safe, use an additional toploader. That is how I have stored my best cards :)

Last edited:
    Back