• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error: Uninitialized constant Window_PokemonOption

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
  • I've tried looking into this error, but I haven't found any solution for it yet. I haven't edited any scripts, so I'm not sure what triggered this. Whenever I try to play test my game I get this exact error:
    Script 'PokemonOptions' line 1: NameError occurred.
    uninitialized constant Window_PokemonOption

Like I said, I haven't touched any scripts yet, and this is the Christmas Eve release of Essentials.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Find the first line of PokemonOptions, and see if it says class Window_PokemonOption < Window_DrawableCommand. Because it should.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • That was it, I must've done something to it without remembering. But now I get a syntax error with line 487, it reads as follows(the code, lines 477-487):

class PokemonOption
    _def initialize(scene)
    __@scene=scene
    _end

_def pbStartScreen
    [email protected]tScene
    [email protected]ons
    [email protected]cene
    _end
    end

The second end is line 487, the troubled line. What I don't understand is why it's giving me the error, could anyone explain to me why I get the error? Oh, and the underscores are to represent spaces, in case that matters. They aren't in the real code.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I meant the script section PokemonOption. Look at line 1. Your error says that's the problem line.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Try downloading it again and starting anew. This isn't a problem that comes with Essentials, because everyone would've been clamouring about it if it was. It must be something you've done.

Back