• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Automatic censoring of various website URLs

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Hey! I was just curious if we could have a system in place that automatically censored out certain website URLs. I was thinking this would primarily be useful for the ROM Hack section, as just about every week or so, we get another post linking to a website that directly hosts ROMs. Is it possible to manually insert the really popular ROM distribution sites and add them to a censor that either blocks them out or prevents the message from being posted or hard-censors (as in, it can't bypass the language filter that a large number of users have turned off) the URL?

Idk it's hard to articulate exactly what I mean but hopefully this is clear enough

Thanks!

edit: obviously something like this could be used for other things aside from ROM distribution sites, but if a system for this is already in place, or you're looking to add a system like this, it would be helpful if those popular rom sites were added to the filter.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
definitely possible. we do this with at least one other site already so adding more to the list should be straightforward. we'll look into it. thanks!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
It should be doable seeing as tinypic links are blocked and have been for some time now.

Last edited:
Back