• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Whitefog

Status
Not open for further replies.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
  • New video up. It's just half of the beginning script, because I'm fairly retarded when it comes to scripting, and blew up all the level scripts when I went to do another. I randomly happened to fix one of them, so I figured I should film what I had before it blew up again.

And while you're at it, you should probably pop over to the Whitefog Official Website.

And now, there's a new screenshot. It's from Route Three, which, sadly, will not be part of Alpha One.

RouteThree-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    finally, a hack that looks totally original and amazingly intriguing. Best of luck to you! i can't wait to play it!

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
  • finally, a hack that looks totally original and amazingly intriguing. Best of luck to you! i can't wait to play it!

Thanks! Yeah, this is pretty original, especially if I could tell everyone all our plans for the hack! Unfortunately, I have a phobia of uncreative losers stealing my ideas. But yeah! I intend on everything to be 100% original, and most aspects never done before.

The script just looks nice.
    Keep up the good work!

Thanks again! I just can't wait until I complete the last part. Scripting is just..horrible for me. I can't stand it. Like it either works for me, or it demolishes the entire rom. That was the case with the beginning script. I don't fully have an understanding of level scripts, however I was able to successfully do four. I tried to get a fifth one in, and it decided to make my rom implode on itself. My last backup was..quite a while ago, so I regret to say that Alpha One will be delayed for quite some time.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I have a couple of suggestions for the first script
    You should make the Player and NPC walk over to the boat before the animation begins

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    If you are horrible at scripting, then why don't you get someone to script

for you?

he had got someone to do the scripting for him but they kept saying the ips didnt work even though he cud get it to work for him..... then when he sent a new ips they still said it wudnt work >.<

which is why he is having to script it himself

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
  • If you are horrible at scripting, then why don't you get someone to script

for you?

Whoa. I wish someone had suggested that earlier!
    haha, but seriously. Mac_Mini was supposed to script for me, but he kind of just...didn't. So I just decided to do it myself. I don't think I'm particularly BAD at it, it's just that scripting is the most horrible thing anyone could ever have to go through.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Whoa. I wish someone had suggested that earlier!
    haha, but seriously. Mac_Mini was supposed to script for me, but he kind of just...didn't. So I just decided to do it myself. I don't think I'm particularly BAD at it, it's just that scripting is the most horrible thing anyone could ever have to go through.

You should of made him get the geese...

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
  • UPDATE!!
    I finally got around to making new pokecenter tiles. (you didn't really think I was going to keep the old colours, did you?)

Eastport-1.png
    --->
    EastportTest.png

Now, I realize it's awful, as I did it from scratch. I'm hoping to get some suggestions or pointers.
    Or possibly someone to do it for me.

пзо

zzirRusty
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    nice

UPDATE!!
    I finally got around to making new pokecenter tiles. (you didn't really think I was going to keep the old colours, did you?)

Eastport-1.png
    --->
    EastportTest.png

Now, I realize it's awful, as I did it from scratch. I'm hoping to get some suggestions or pointers.

At first I was like 0_o then, I realised, that you had just made tiles. Its adding unique ness to the hack. Dont change it, Be prowd of your creation. Just remember;
    Most people cand even do that.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm proud that I was able to something that looks... ok?
    I'm not much of an artist.
    I think it's the roof that makes the entire thing look horrible. That was my third try for the roof, so I though I'd just post it for some suggestions.
    Constructive criticism would REALLY be appreciated right now.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Yeah, I'm proud that I was able to something that looks... ok?
    I'm not much of an artist.
    I think it's the roof that makes the entire thing look horrible. That was my third try for the roof, so I though I'd just post it for some suggestions.
    Constructive criticism would REALLY be appreciated right now.

I believe its your shading techniques actually, everything looks like it has fine shape you just need to shade such as other pokemon buildings. You can fins tutorials etc. elsewhere on the forums. ;)

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Looks better but the ground at the front looks weird O.o Don't know if you still need to block edit but you should.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back