• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KW: New cards, new template.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • I made a set of basic blanks and posted them in the Resources Share Center, but I've never actually posted cards that I had made with them, so I threw some together just to give examples of what the completed cards will look like. The blanks aren't perfect.

floroma.png

(from Pokemon HeavenEarth)

Snomalcard.png

(from Pokemon HeavenEarth)

nidoranmcard.png

Any comments? You gonna give these blanks a try?

(I should've left out the "Once during your turn (before your attack), for Snomal's Poke-Power." I'm also aware that I didn't finish typing the effect of Snomal's attack. It should also say "Shuffle your deck afterward.")

Last edited:

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • I'm not sure, but on Snomal, the Power would better be a Body, coz it's not optional.

If Snoghos evolves from Snomal, the attack should say something like "Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a Pokémon that evolves from Snomal and put it on Snomal (this counts as evolving Snomal). Shuffle your deck afterward.", to allow you to potentially change the name, or make more evolutions, or something else...

I like the blanks, but I think the fonts are too thick and are a burden to read, especially on small text. And the name and HP look streched =P. I don't really like the type symbols either. The yellow border is also very bright.

The cards themselves are pretty OK, but I'd like you to show Stage 1 or Stage 2 blanks, and Lv.X or Pokémon ex blanks so a sight of the blanks potential could be seen.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Yeah, I think it should be a Poke-Body too. I should change that sometime.

So that's how it's phrased! I wasn't looking at any cards while making it and I couldn't remember exactly how the cards phrase that. Thanks.

That's what happens when you fake on PowerPoint, sadly. When I improve them some, I may work on them with Paint or GIMP. The names & HP weren't stretched... they were actually shrunken, along with the whole card. You don't like the Keiji Kinebuchi symbols? I wanted to replicate a border that I had made before (one that is a mix of yellow, red, & gold), but I failed. Of course, DP cards have pretty bright borders as well.

Sadly, I deleted or wrote over most of my original source files, but I'll try to dig up some of the incomplete ones and do some editing. At the time, I didn't even think about making Stage 1, Stage 2, & Lv.X.

Thanks for the feedback!

Back