• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Great Tenkaichi

What battle screen do you prefer? [i](Please read the new battle screen description before voting.)[

• New battle screen ([url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9751247#post9751247]described

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Classic Pokemon battle screen

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LorisC

Nothing is real, everything is permitted!
Years
  • Good! I'll take a look to see if I can do something for the regular notepad too, otherwise I'll do as you said.

Regarding the evil team, the Red Ribbon is definitely the perfect choice, but I was thinking to include more than 1 evil team, something like team magma and aqua.
    The first one will be red ribbon, another one can be the Time breakers, but later in the game (and a lot more powerful than red ribbon!)

For the demo an encounter with RR will be enough!

Said that, I haven't included any member of the RR army!
    I'll finish the edits to my program and I'll add them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Good! I'll take a look to see if I can do something for the regular notepad too, otherwise I'll do as you said.

Regarding the evil team, the Red Ribbon is definitely the perfect choice, but I was thinking to include more than 1 evil team, something like team magma and aqua.
    The first one will be red ribbon, another one can be the Time breakers, but later in the game (and a lot more powerful than red ribbon!)

For the demo an encounter with RR will be enough!

I asume it's something with the ascii. But don't break your brain about it since it's just poor coding from Microsoft anyway. How the hell they forgot to update this when they provide updates on a daily basis is unknown to me.

A second evil team could indeed be intressting. Like you said the Red Ribbon has limitations and basicly becomes useless after the android sage. Their own creations eventually kill them so yeah. But I would suddenly not to go the same road as Aqua and Magma. I don't think it's a good idea that both organisation goes in conflict with eachother since both their goals are so different their really is no reason unless you create one. I think it's a great twist to suddenly take the danger more serious. You can basicly write a story where you break down the RR army piece by piece and eventually when their is nothing left the timebreakers slowly enter the story making you realise the RR-Army where just a bunch of childeren playing. The time breakers also seem to have stronger types. While the RR-Army is limited to Aliens, Beast, Humans, Androids, Bio-Androids and Robots. The Time breakers easy provide stronger fighters like Majin and Demons. Also you can make it so some of the Androids like Super 17 for example get catched by the timebreakers in some scenes so the hype really get's buildup in the end.

Said that, I haven't included any member of the RR army!
    I'll finish the edits to my program and I'll add them.

I wanted to suggest first to not include them in the demo. That's why I didn't suggested it add first. But their are enouge characters and fighters available that a side-quest would just be to big. It's also a nice to for new dragonball viewers that didn't view the original dragonball series to discover it by their own hands.

One last question, and that's how you are going to handle the gym system. I haven't brainstormed about it a lot but for the first gym. How about putting Oolong in charge of it. If you remember the map I you will eventually reach a forest. In some games this is called "Oolong's Path" what you basicly can compair with the Viridian Forest from pokémon. This path leads to a village called "Aru Village" and in front of that village is something called "Oolong Mansion" what could be perfect for the first gym or challenge.

Aru Village actually leads to Satan City (what's actually the birthplace from a lot of the starters from dragonball heroes). So you could place a professor their. But I asume you are going to use Dr. Brief from Central City. So what you can do is let Bulma to give you a starter on request from Dr. Brief and let you meet her again in Satan City.

An alternative for the first gym or possible even 2th gym could be Mr. Satan. I believe the serrounding of Satan City is a great place to place kid Krillin in the wild. So it's perfectly possible to delay the access to Satan City till you crossed the dessert what was on the left side from your starting point.

Edit:

I also found all the dragonball heroes character names:

OILcEmP.png

Mizore takes the form of Fasha a female saiyan. But she doesn't represent any of current starters in the manga. However they didn't reach the demon part yet. So it seems likely we can use her name for the Demon Elite. Her prefer pick is an elite anyway and it's the only female character left that hasn't been filled in.

One of the designers named himself to the Majin Elite. The alternative translation is Abra but that name is already used for another character. So Yoshito seems to be the best fit. As far Armadillo goes it believe their was a leak for that in the next manga chapter so let's stick with that name for now.

I'm not sure about Erito. The exact translations was Elito so it kinda makes sence. But all offcial sources use Erito so I guess that name can stay.

Mirego the freezabeserk had another name as well. But that was the name of Freeza son in the series. So I guess that's why they changed it to Mirego.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • I should have fixed the little problem with Notepad in the last version I just released.

Yeah, I agree with you about the evil teams, there's no need to make them conflict each other.

Oolong as the first gym leader would follow the DragonBall story, but he doens't represent any real category... also he fought alone.
    I like the idea of Mr.Satan as Gym leader, he can have an Earthling-based Gym, and he can have his students as fighters in his team, with himself as last Pokemon.

One thing to keep in mind is that we can use more or even less than 8 gyms, nothing forces us to stick to what original Pokemon games do.
    I suggest to try to make a fast list of potential Gym leaders and see what fits best.

Another thing, as you said some posts ago, I like the idea of more than 1 rival, after all Dragonball has a lot of different characters, if we use more than 1 rival things can get interesting!
    As the game progresses, they can even specialize in a particular field, so, as you said, one can be the user of EX-Fusions, introducing the player to the mechanic at a certain point.
    Another one can use characters that comes from a certain game, something like the Fusions trainer, with Tekka and/or Pinich (that way we find a good place where to show them!).
    Now that I think of it, the EX-Fusion comes from DB Fusions, so the Tekka and Pinich user can be the one that uses EX-Fusions!

Anyway, as I already said, I finished to edit my program, now I'll insert the first moves and the RR fighters (we'll see if it's the case to use them in the Demo, I can always insert their entries and leave them unused for now!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    I should have fixed the little problem with Notepad in the last version I just released.

Yeah, I agree with you about the evil teams, there's no need to make them conflict each other.

Oolong as the first gym leader would follow the DragonBall story, but he doens't represent any real category... also he fought alone.
    I like the idea of Mr.Satan as Gym leader, he can have an Earthling-based Gym, and he can have his students as fighters in his team, with himself as last Pokemon.

One thing to keep in mind is that we can use more or even less than 8 gyms, nothing forces us to stick to what original Pokemon games do.
    I suggest to try to make a fast list of potential Gym leaders and see what fits best.

Another thing, as you said some posts ago, I like the idea of more than 1 rival, after all Dragonball has a lot of different characters, if we use more than 1 rival things can get interesting!
    As the game progresses, they can even specialize in a particular field, so, as you said, one can be the user of EX-Fusions, introducing the player to the mechanic at a certain point.
    Another one can use characters that comes from a certain game, something like the Fusions trainer, with Tekka and/or Pinich (that way we find a good place where to show them!).
    Now that I think of it, the EX-Fusion comes from DB Fusions, so the Tekka and Pinich user can be the one that uses EX-Fusions!

Anyway, as I already said, I finished to edit my program, now I'll insert the first moves and the RR fighters (we'll see if it's the case to use them in the Demo, I can always insert their entries and leave them unused for now!)

Great

Oolong indeed doesn't really represent a category. That's why I mentioned a challenge as well. A bit like the Sprout Tower from pokémon. Where you fight him with some fighter that are in the nearby area. For example here's a list of fighters I generated with my brainstorm for the Oolong's Path (forest):

- Damon lv 5-7 (Common, 30%)
    - Drum lv 5-8 - (Common, 45%)
    - Libelieu (Rare, 11%)
    - Tambourine (Rare, 11%)
    - Kid Piccolo (Very Rare, 3%)

Damon & Libelieu are Alien type as far the types that exist now. Drum & Tambourine are Beast/Namekians and Kid Piccolo is full Namekian. Oolong didn't actually fight alone. He used his transformations to controle the villagers. So basicly everyone in that nearby area fights for him. And even than you can still give him the beast type if he really needs to become a gym leader. So he could have fighters like Drum, Tambourine and maybe Piccolo as a hint that these fighters are nearby. If it really need to be a gym leader than something like Giran or Monster Carrot instant of Piccolo would do wonders.

As far Satan goes. Your right, that could indeed be funny. Giving him some really powerfull earthlings (he actually used a lot of saiyans as well for his dirty jobs, even majins later on). With him rebattle as himself as a level 1 fighter (better to make it two fights because some AI's might let him switch earlyer). Than we can actually make his base stats somewhat decent if you want to train him yourself.

I suggest something like:
    - Krillin
    - ?? Videl (she has a Great Saiyawoman form and actually a Super Saiyan-esque form during the ritual)
    - Gohan (Saiyaman), but that's kinda a problem since I believe he will still be primary saiyan and only secondary earthling. But yeah we all known he's likes to cheat.

In theory Pan would be primary Earthling and Secondary Saiyan so maybe she's an option. Things like Goten and Trunks would be intressting as well since they are used by Satan a lot. However they are primary Saiyan I guess.

Anyway some of the starters will be primary earthling so maybe he can use them. If we follow my theory than all elite forms will be earthling as primary typing. So that means: Erito, Viola, Fen, Nico, Armadillo, Mizore, Yoshito and Rezok.

Tekka also seems to be primary earthling.

And how can I forget Roshi, Tien, Yazirobe, Chiaotzu, Yurin and Yamcha

Seems like Satan will have a lot of options.

What you can do however it kinda restore his reputation later on in the story giving him his real fighter set that isn't limited by the gym requirements like Buu, Goten, Trunks, Satan (mind controle form), etc... Also their is that Super Saiyan Satan gag transformation.

Brainstorm gyms

Spoiler:

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • Just found an interesting evolution of Chronoa!

Returning to Gyms, Satan is definitely full of options!
    The idea of making Oolong a Beast-Type gym leader can work, the fact that he is the boss of the area can be interesting!
    An alternative can be King Piccolo, but maybe a sort of side quest for him would be enough. It can be one of the enemies to defeat in order to gain something in the Namekian Area.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Just found an interesting evolution of Chronoa!

Intressting, is that official or fanart?

Returning to Gyms, Satan is definitely full of options!
    The idea of making Oolong a Beast-Type gym leader can work, the fact that he is the boss of the area can be interesting!
    As far Satan goes, I will try to focus on the earthling type for now. What I did notice what is common for the primary typing earthling is that their defense (maybe even hp) is rather high. With fighters like Satan, Roshi, Tien, Yazirobe and Yamcha this is very noticable. They are a very durable type and that conclusion is very intressting for it's foundation. Still note that the foundation doesn't exactly provide them with high defensive stats. The stats just start their before the alternation of their design like Chiaotzu for example that seem to have a rather high special attack and probally lose some of his natural defensive strength as a result.

This conclusion would probally be the same for other typings. Like in the case of Beast it seems that their HP is their biggest focus. This will probally the two concept I will use for generating those stats.

An alternative can be King Piccolo, but maybe a sort of side quest for him would be enough. It can be one of the enemies to defeat in order to gain something in the Namekian Area.
    I was thinking about King piccolo first but the problem is that he doesn't have any natural connection to the area. His focus and goals where never focussed arround Satan city. His actions and goals where more West of that. Drum & Tambourine where more the guys that travelled the world to recieve domination. Now where talking about King Piccolo, he actually created 4 Namekian Hybrids: Piano, Cymbal, Drum and Tambourine. But Piano wasn't really a fighter so adding him would be rather pointless and Cymbal wasn't really that popular to begin with.

The goals I wanted to achieve with the forest is to make a connection with Kid Piccolo that actually lived arround that area but I wanted to make it subtle for a few reasons:

* Namekians have that absorb ability so if a Namekian can easy be encountered in the wild that early in game it's going to be abused and I don't think it's a good idea to limit pokéballs/capsules just to force an imperfect ballance.
    * It's important that some of the more popular fighters can be encountered early. If people have to wait like 5 gyms to get a fighter in their top 10 than they will get bored rather easy. But this doesn't mean that all of them should be easy to obtain or even obtained that early add all since a lot of them are actually rather powerfull.

So as a result I came up with

- Drum
    - Tambourine

As a result. Than I included two fighters that fit the theme and that was Damon & Libelieu.

In the end I had this list (but this is offcourse only an example of what it could be):

Oolong's Path (forest)
    - Damon lv 5-7 (Common, 30%)
    - Drum lv 5-8 - (Common, 45%)
    - Libelieu (Rare, 11%)
    - Tambourine (Rare, 11%)

Demon King Piccolo could indeed be a intressting challenge for the main Namekian location. I actually think it's the perfect event that could be played out their. What for example could be done is to make it so you need to finish the Demon King Piccolo event to get to the area where Namekians common are encountered. Offcourse before that their need to be locations where Namekians are uncommon or rare. You get the point. On that moment it would be rather easy to add a Namekian fighter to your team or to boost your own Namekian starter.

For some reason I think it's smart to keep the Namekian main wild encounter location for the 3th gym or even later. Just because of how easy it is to utilize it's power. But adding restrictions to the absorb ability would just break the experience for the non-veterans. So the smooth ballance would probally be to solve it this way. But that's just my opinion.

To focus priority for the demo let's make a list of the fighters, locations & characters that need to prepared for the demo. Do you have a deadline in mind when you want to release something?

LorisC

Years
  • Essentials supports up to 12 different grass encounters per map, just wanted to say that to avoid future problems!

I like the Libelieu insertion! She fits well!

Regarding King Piccolo, we basically agree!

I'd say that, for a first demo, we can arrive to the first gym, after all it should't be too distant from the starting point, + maybe some hints on what to expect later in the game, or some easter eggs.

I haven't put a deadline because I know that, if I decide one, things won't be ready for that day!
    The plan is simply to continue doing things until we reach a good playable version where players can see how the basics of the game will work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Essentials supports up to 12 different grass encounters per map, just wanted to say that to avoid future problems!

I like the Libelieu insertion! She fits well!

Regarding King Piccolo, we basically agree!

I'd say that, for a first demo, we can arrive to the first gym, after all it should't be too distant from the starting point, + maybe some hints on what to expect later in the game, or some easter eggs.

I haven't put a deadline because I know that, if I decide one, things won't be ready for that day!
    The plan is simply to continue doing things until we reach a good playable version where players can see how the basics of the game will work.
    I'm aware of the 12 limit. But to be honnest having 12 different fighters on one route would be a really bad idea. It's basicly overkill and find a fighter would basicly become an random fest and a nightmare for IV training. I think most routes will already go over their normal limit how it is right now. I'm also aware their are tricks to increase the limit by writing your own script for it. But so far I known I don't see a situation for that. Maybe for a island where you find all the starters or something when you finish the entire game. But those are worries for the future and I doubt it's a limit we would encounter before that. The only thing I'm wondering about is if the day&night system is shared with the 12 limit or that a seperate list of 12 is used for it.

With that in mind I asume the areas would be:

Spoiler:

Edit

I have done a small experiment for Drum & Tambourine and this was the result:

PWtrgvA.png

The limitations of excel kinda throws up the margin that was needed but I felt that it still did rather ok. The result are a little bit more wild than the starter direction but it does seem to wide out some variation.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • The Day and Night encounters use 2 different lists with 12 entries.
    There are even morning encounters if we want to use them, so, at its maximum, Essentials can use 3 lists with 12 Pokemon for each of them.
    Definitely enough for all the situations!

LorisC

Years
  • Returning to fighters we can put before Oolong, some more examples can be:
    • Shosa from Universe 4
    • Majora from Universe 4 (maybe he is too powerful to be one of the early wild encounters)
    • Dr.Rota from Universe 6
    • Hop from Universe 9
    • Sorrel from Universe 9
    • Jium from Universe 10
    They are all Beast-looking fighters and not too powerful compared to the others you already said.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Returning to fighters we can put before Oolong, some more examples can be:
    • Shosa from Universe 4
    • Majora from Universe 4 (maybe he is too powerful to be one of the early wild encounters)
    • Dr.Rota from Universe 6
    • Hop from Universe 9
    • Sorrel from Universe 9
    • Jium from Universe 10
    They are all Beast-looking fighters and not too powerful compared to the others you already said.

Some of the are intressting Route 2 could indeed include some of them:

• Shosa indeed looks intressting. The Play Dead move could be intressting. Something like a fly mechanic that prevent the enemy from attacking a turn. Than on the 2th turn a 100% crit and/or ignore of 25% of the defense stat might make him a very deadly enemy and a usefull fighter on your team. The only minus point he has as far placing him their is that his design is very civilised looking. I think his placement might be better on the route between Aru Village & Satan City.
    • Majora is actually more powerfull than you might think. Add least in pokémon terms and the mechanics he would be using. Similar to Damon he would have high accuracy but unlike Damon his stats would probally be a lot higher. Similar to Shosa his design is civilised looking as well.
    • Dr.Rota, the biggest problem with him is that we don't known his abilitiy. He never showed him. We can assume it has a very high base power while he's tanky himself. Despite his civilised look he might work on Route 2.
    • Hop, poison and fast. I'm in for route 2.
    • Sorrel, she feels like the girl that would hang arround with Monster Carrot. I think she would be a great fit for that area. The only problem is that we don't known her abilities. Maybe giving her the same mechanic as Monster Carrot would be intressting but that would make her a lot more powerfull as well. But maybe a rare encounter. I dunno.
    • Jium, again a somewhat civilised look but I guess it would be ok to place them their.

I wouldn't place only beasts on one route. It still some diversity. So my advice for route 2 would be:

Dr.Rota (common)
    Hop (uncommon
    Sorrel (rare/very rare)

Than 2 or 3 other fighters with a different typing. Probally a fighter than can evolve since all 3 fighters don't have a evolution their base stats would probally be rather high. Majora could be intressting as the main fighter of Oolong.

--------

Edit: I noticed you included some RR character as fighters. I was more referring to some of them as trainers. Some of them don't really need to fight themself. This said tho, for collectors it's intressting.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • Some of them will be trainers, I put everyone as fighters only to show that, in some way, they are present, but, as you said, someone fits best as trainer.

I was listing them even thinking about the other trainers in the gym, even the first gym in pokemon games has 2 other trainers other than the leader, they need to have their own teams too.

This thing for the Human gym led by Satan can be pretty interesting, each trainer can have fighters following a theme, after all there are a lot of human fighters to use!

I was planning to do the same for the other gyms too, it could be interesting to fight trainers that use fighters with common traits other than the simple fact that they have the same type.

For example, I like a lot your idea to put sorrel with carrot!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    As far gym trainers goes. It varries in the pokémon games. Their are gyms that only have one trainer while in other it can easy lead up to 10 while others have none but it requires a certain big event to enter it. When a rival fight is involved it also reduces from time to time.

For example and idea that you could use is to let an rival involve the contest of the gym and that leads for you to fight the rival first before you can battle the gym leader.

The number of human fighters is actually kinda ok with the current releases:
    - Pure Earthling (Human): Krillen, Roshi, Yamcha, Yazirobe, Yurin, Satan, (Videl), (some of the RR-Army if their are fighters)
    - Pure Earthling (Cyclops): Tien
    - Pure Earthling (Other): Chiaotzu, Tekka (seem to have the ability to change type but in the manga he's pure human)
    - Saiyan Hybrids: Goten, Trunks, Gohan
    - Saiyan Hybrids(Earthling/Saiyan): Pan
    - Bio Warrior (Alien/Earthling): Bio-Man, ...
    - Machine Mutant Earthling (Machine/Earthling): Hell Fighter 17
    -info- Their is also something as Machine Mutant Tuffle (Machine/Tuffle) with Baby, Dr. Myuu
    -info- Their is also something as Machine Mutant Alien (Machine/Alien) with General Rilldo, etc..
    - I guess some of the starters if you are going to follow the dna type theorie but that would make a lot of earthling hybrids since only beserk would fully filter out the earthling typing. So I might need to relook into that.

Did I forgot one? Btw what typing are you going to give things like Brianne, Sanka, Su? They look human or are you just going to stick with alien for them?

---

For Sorrel I think it could be intressting for some the trainers to have him when you encounter Carrot in the Diablo Dessert. But the fact is that it's not Sorrel & Carrot wild encounter habitat. I was thinking about that you are able to obtain Carrot in the Dessert by doing the event their but the wild encounter would be later on in the game. Maybe that second location could contain Sorrel as well but than more common. While her encounter on probally route 2 would be very rare.

Since their are so many fighters their aren't many chances to repeat encountering the same fighter on different routes. I still want to bring some of them in like maybe a Saibamen evolution when you reach the saiyan ground or something. But than more as a way to spice up the diversity on those routes. I like to give an example with pokémon. Their was never a route that purely contained one typing. Even the Viridian Forest contained Pikachu and that was the last time only 1 type variation was found on one route.

----

Edit

Lastest brainstorm for R-R

Spoiler:

------------
    Edit 2

I have an idea for the trainer "Hasky". Since she's not really part of the RR-Army but still is connected to it. She could be one of your rivals. With the fighter "Nico" as her starter. This could be the way you get yourself involved in the RR-Army in the story. Hasky was actually a character that was hired by the RR-Army.

Brainstorm
    Spoiler:

Edit 3

Found some of the names of Satan's top students:
    - Caroni
    - Pirozhki

Perfect for the trainers in his gym isn't it.

-------
    Edit 4

Something that crossed my mind was this: http://dragonballmultiverse.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Multiverse

Maybe some of the fanmade characters could be used similar to how the form change of future gohan etc works. It's not an area that could be looked into right now. But maybe for the future. The reason I mention that known is confirmation. If these fighters are going to be included add some point I could take that in concideration when generating their stats. The end goal is that every fighter would be somewhat viable and that isn't really going to work if we endup with some fighters that can't go higher than 300 base stats.

Now where talking about stats. In pokémon mega evolutions have one rule in common and that's that every mega evolution add 100 total stats to the pokémon. I was wondering what sort of rule is going to be used for the mind controle version that majin, yurin, etc are using. The formula can be more complex than simply adding 100 total stats but maybe something to think about. It's very similar with the fusion techniques as well. Ballancing this won't be as easy as it looks.

----
    Edit 5

Quick last question, is their a trainer limit & trainer class limit? I noticed you need seperate trainer classes for rivals, gym leader, elite4's etc.. So that would mean that adding trainers is going to ramp up very quickly. If their is really a limit things like this can be done like making trainers in the gyms part of a class as well like:
    - BEAUTY_MALE Caroni
    - WRESTLER Pirozhki
    - BEARTHIEF ???
    - TIGERTHIEF ???
    - MONK ???

What I also crossed my mind was creating two trainers named "The Launch Twins". What is basicly Lauch in her blue & yellow form. She could represent the concept of dubble fights with one trainer having supportive fighters while the other have aggressive ones.

Brainstorm I had for this so far:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • I hadn't seen your last post! Sorry if I didn't answered earlier!

Anyway I just finished to add some more features to my program, I needed them to to the Moves adding faster!
    As always I try to do things in a more complex way than needed and this time it took more time than anticipated, but I managed to finish what I wanted to do.

Now I'll start adding moves.

Let me read your post and I'll say something!

LorisC

Years
  • Regarding the types for fighters like Sanka Ku and Brianne, I don't know!
    The Alien type doesn't fit really well for them... I was thinking to use Human as a type instead of Earthling, that way it'd fit better for more fighters.

It's true that 1 route should contain more than a singe type of Fighters, we just have to make good choices to use meaningful encounters, for example your idea to put young Piccolo is perfect!

One thing to keep in mind is that a character can be both a trainer and a fighter, and that thing fits well for a lot of Dragonball Characters, first they let you fight their thugs, when you've defeated them all, they fight in first person.
    A perfect example is Dr.Gero, he potentially can use a lot of androids in his team, but he can fight too at a certain point.

Hasky as a rival can be interesting, we'll see!

Satan's students can definitely be the other trainers in his gym, it'd be almost useless to use them as fighters!

I still haven't thought about fan-made characters, maybe we'll put some of them later, before that it's better to complete the game without them.
    Another thing that we can include after the main release of the game are characters from other games, but with some kind of connection with Dragonball, for example: Dream 9 Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Super Collaboration Special; that would give us the possibility to add One Piece characters, and I already have a first idea on how to motivate that, but let's keep those ideas for later!
    We'll see what to do when needed!

It's true that Mega Evolutions in Pokemon games add 100 stats, but we aren't forced to do the same thing, mainly because that thing doens't fit well in all the cases.
    In this game there will be a lot of different Mega Evolutions, and not all of them causes the same power increase, so I don't think it's a good idea to use a fixed 100 stats increase for all of them.
    The same goes for the other kinds of transformations such as Time Breaker Control, Majin and even Fusions.

There isn't any limit in the number of trainers or their classes, said that the more we manage to keep the class list compact, the better it is!

LorisC

Years
  • Prepared things ti add the latest Vegeta's transformation (finally! I was waiting for it!):

I'm going to wait for the next episode for more details on it to fully insert it.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • I've also found some more Namekians to add, that way, if someone wants, can have a team of only Namekians!
    Vic, Bibra, Tanta.

They are also related to King Piccolo and to the Time Breakers, so they can be used in some way in the story too.

LorisC

Years
  • I'm adding moves and missing characters' forms, for example SSj4 Bardock (I remembered him only because he learns a new move in SSj4 form! Thanks to Rebellion Hammer! eheh)

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Hey been a while, I'm sorry I haven't had much time lately with the exams. But I will try to respond short on some of them. Just 2 more weeks until they are over:

Let me read your post and I'll say something!

Regarding the types for fighters like Sanka Ku and Brianne, I don't know!
    The Alien type doesn't fit really well for them... I was thinking to use Human as a type instead of Earthling, that way it'd fit better for more fighters.
    "Human" or "Superhuman" would indeed be the most suitable for them.

It's true that 1 route should contain more than a singe type of Fighters, we just have to make good choices to use meaningful encounters, for example your idea to put young Piccolo is perfect!
    Kid Piccolo should indeed be added as a very rare encounter in one of the first routes. But doesn't have to be route 1. That might be a bit to early. Than again, it would be intressting when you have the namekian starter. I will depend how much impact it has in the game. I don't think it will change much. The main thing with route 1 encounter is that it's important that the fighters you get will be usefull since it's possible one of them will be in your team for a long time. If none of them are somewhat viable in the long run people will just skip catching one all together. That's why I was thinking to give Saibamen some evolutions that from game. That would allow to make Saibamen a lot weaker as far base stats goes while still be able to be usefull in the long run.

One thing to keep in mind is that a character can be both a trainer and a fighter, and that thing fits well for a lot of Dragonball Characters, first they let you fight their thugs, when you've defeated them all, they fight in first person.
    A perfect example is Dr.Gero, he potentially can use a lot of androids in his team, but he can fight too at a certain point.
    Yeah that probally will needed. However I wouldn't recommand it doing with all characters. I remember this scenario is the league of legends hack. It was very strange to have a conversation with Ezreal while having him in my party. Their are many characters in dragonball that are basicly useless as fighters. It would sound a lot better to make them characters. And than possible add some of them as fighters when they seem to have viable transformations or techiques to be used as fighter.

Hasky as a rival can be interesting, we'll see!
    The main issue with Hasky right now is that she has a very similar design than "Launch", (gohan ex-girlfriend), Trafic Cop, etc... Because she doesn't really have a story outside the dragonball arc. It's very easy to use her since it wouldn't conflict future stories.

Satan's students can definitely be the other trainers in his gym, it'd be almost useless to use them as fighters!
    Yeah they are bad.

I still haven't thought about fan-made characters, maybe we'll put some of them later, before that it's better to complete the game without them.
    Another thing that we can include after the main release of the game are characters from other games, but with some kind of connection with Dragonball, for example: Dream 9 Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Super Collaboration Special; that would give us the possibility to add One Piece characters, and I already have a first idea on how to motivate that, but let's keep those ideas for later!
    We'll see what to do when needed!
    I totally forgot about One Piece. I currently dodge that connection because their isn't really proof they live in the same timeline/dimention unlike Arale that litterly lives on the same Earth.

It's true that Mega Evolutions in Pokemon games add 100 stats, but we aren't forced to do the same thing, mainly because that thing doens't fit well in all the cases.
    In this game there will be a lot of different Mega Evolutions, and not all of them causes the same power increase, so I don't think it's a good idea to use a fixed 100 stats increase for all of them.
    The same goes for the other kinds of transformations such as Time Breaker Control, Majin and even Fusions.
    Agreed

There isn't any limit in the number of trainers or their classes, said that the more we manage to keep the class list compact, the better it is!
    Perfect

Prepared things ti add the latest Vegeta's transformation (finally! I was waiting for it!):

I'm going to wait for the next episode for more details on it to fully insert it.
    I just watch the last episode. It clearly seems to be a form stronger than SSJ Blue Kaio-ken yet similar in power. I have a feeling if Goku would do Kaio-ken x50 it's power would be about the same. However I have a feeling it won't match the strength ultra instinct has. So "Limit Breaker SSJ Blue" would probally be just a normal evolution and not a mega.

For Vegeta we can actually give him some forms of the manga like "Completed SSJ Blue" as a mega for his SSJ Blue from. Goku has obtain this as well. However since he already has Kaio-ken. I would just make it an Vegeta exclusive.

I've also found some more Namekians to add, that way, if someone wants, can have a team of only Namekians!
    Vic, Bibra, Tanta.

They are also related to King Piccolo and to the Time Breakers, so they can be used in some way in the story too.
    Intressting

I'm adding moves and missing characters' forms, for example SSj4 Bardock (I remembered him only because he learns a new move in SSj4 form! Thanks to Rebellion Hammer! eheh)
    Perfect, adding all the most would probally be the most difficult part.

Back