• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team. Yeah, I know its not much. :P

KingDedede16

The King of Dream Land
Years
  • My team isn't the best to be sure, there are plenty of flaws. But that's where I could use the help. Anyways, here's my team already:

Jolteon(Timid)Item: Choice Specs/Expert Belt/Life Orb
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power(max Ice)
    Thunder Wave
    EVs: 252 Spd 252 Sp.Atk 4 HP

Flygon(Jolly)Item: Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Fire Punch
    Outrage
    EVs: 252 Spd 252 Atk 4 HP

Snorlax(Adamant+Immunity)Item: Leftovers
    Body Slam
    Crunch
    Brick Break(for Reflect breaking)
    Earthquake
    EVs: 255 Atk 255 Sp.Def

Starmie(Timid)Item: Expert Belt
    Surf
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    EVs: 255 Spd 255 SpAtk

Scizor(Adamant)Item: Focus Sash
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break
    Ariel Ace
    Swords Dance
    EVs: 255 Atk 255 SpDef

Gallade(Adamant)*shiny*Item: Choice Scarf
    Close Combat
    Psycho Cut
    Leaf Blade
    Earthquake
    EVs: 255 Atk 255 Spd

^So that's about it. Like I said, its not much to be sure. I'm gonna replace Scizor's Brick Break with Superpower, and I'm planning on getting a new Snorlax with Curse.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • No, we really do need items, as well as natures and EVs if you have them. Withholding your teams information is going to make it a lot harder to rate :(

KingDedede16

The King of Dream Land
    Years
  • No, we really do need items, as well as natures and EVs if you have them. Withholding your teams information is going to make it a lot harder to rate :(

All right, I fixed it. IVs are kind of obvious, so I didn't list those.

EDIT: For the Pokes with 255 EVs...I should probably redo those because I was too lazy back in the day when EV training. :P

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • Eh...I would destroy your team

that was REALLLLLY insightful [/sarcasm]

My team isn't the best to be sure, there are plenty of flaws. But that's where I could use the help. Anyways, here's my team already:

Jolteon(Timid)Item: Choice Specs/Expert Belt/Life Orb
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power(max Ice)
    Thunder Wave
    EVs: 252 Spd 252 Sp.Atk 4 HP

Flygon(Jolly)Item: Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Fire Punch
    Outrage
    EVs: 252 Spd 252 Atk 4 HP

Snorlax(Adamant+Immunity)Item: Leftovers
    Body Slam
    Crunch
    Brick Break(for Reflect breaking)
    Earthquake
    EVs: 255 Atk 255 Sp.Def

Starmie(Timid)Item: Expert Belt
    Surf
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    EVs: 255 Spd 255 SpAtk

Scizor(Adamant)Item: Focus Sash
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break
    Ariel Ace
    Swords Dance
    EVs: 255 Atk 255 SpDef

Gallade(Adamant)*shiny*Item: Choice Scarf
    Close Combat
    Psycho Cut
    Leaf Blade
    Earthquake
    EVs: 255 Atk 255 Spd

^So that's about it. Like I said, its not much to be sure. I'm gonna replace Scizor's Brick Break with Superpower, and I'm planning on getting a new Snorlax with Curse.

Thoughts?

first things first, im not too completely sure about jolteon leads (being that's the first thing on the list, making it the lead). sure swamperts are common, but there are variety of others. If you would like to keep jolteon, kick gallade out and keep jolteon for late game sweeping and baton passing.

Which brings me to your lead. You don't carry a fighting resist aside from Starmie so Azelf would probably be a good counter measure. Lead azelf should do the trick.

Azelf @ focus sash
    Naive
    4hp/252spatk/252spe

Taunt
    Explosion
    Fire Blast/psychic
    Stealth Rock

scizor doesn't need focus sash, it needs LO (life orb) and bug bite. also EVs need to be changed. I don't why you put EVs in special defense. Scizor has the need for speed, so 252 speed evs please. or you can subtract 32 evs from speed to allocate to HP for rounding down life orb cost.

Flygon is standard, though i would recommend U-turn > Fire Punch

Im not too sure about curselax. +1 def isn't going to help you survive STAB fight attack anyways or a banded superpower from scizor

And lastly Starmie. SR plagues the entire metagame, most broken move ever. Starmie relieves that problem for you and providing a bit of bulky support

go with this EV set: 136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe

Rapid Spin > Psychic
    Recover > Ice beam

hope this helps and happy battling

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • JOLTEON
    Use the Smogon set "Life Orb Attacker", i.e. use Charge Beam over T-Wave. Jolteon doesn't work well as a lead, though. Pokémon like Skarmory and Forretress are awesome leads.
    FLYGON
    If you use Choice Scarf, use U-Turn over Fire Punch or Stone Edge.
    SNORLAX
    Brick Break is good for Reflect-breaking, but on a Snorlax, use Curse or Rest instead. Put 252 HP EVs into Snorlax instead of 252 Atk. Use 252HP, 252SpDef, 6Atk
    STARMIE
    Expert Belt on Starmie? Nice idea! Choice Specs would work but it'd be funny to have your opponent gasp in horror that your non-Life Orb non-Leftovers Starmie KOed a Gyarados with Thunderbolt and then switched attacks. XD
    SCIZOR
    Focus Sashes are for leads. Since Scizor is not a lead, use Life Orb instead. Aerial Ace should be replaced for Bug Bite. Bug Bite gets STAB, unlike AA.
    GALLADE
    Use Ice Punch and Stone Edge over EQ and Leaf Blade. Most things, barring pure Electric-types, that are weak to Ground are also weak to Fighting. Close Combat = 120 power + STAB = 180. That's only 20 away from a super effective Earthquake! Night Slash is an option for dealing with Ghosts, but there are really only three Ghosts one sees: Gengar, Mismagius and Dusknoir; and the most popular one (I think) is weak to Psycho Cut.

In short:
    Replace Jolteon's T-Wave with Charge Beam.
    Replace either Flygon's Fire Punch or Stone Edge with U-Turn, if you choose to use Choice Scarf.
    Replace Snorlax's Brick Break with Curse or Rest.
    Starmie is great already. Choice Specs work just as well, too.
    Give Scizor a Life Orb and replace Aerial Ace with Bug Bite.
    Replace Gallade's Earthquake and Leaf Blade with Stone Edge (or Night Slash) and Ice Punch.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Sorry op, i deleted the noobish users posts to avoid cluttering your threads.

KingDedede16

The King of Dream Land
    Years
  • JOLTEON
    Use the Smogon set "Life Orb Attacker", i.e. use Charge Beam over T-Wave. Jolteon doesn't work well as a lead, though. Pokémon like Skarmory and Forretress are awesome leads.
    FLYGON
    If you use Choice Scarf, use U-Turn over Fire Punch or Stone Edge.
    SNORLAX
    Brick Break is good for Reflect-breaking, but on a Snorlax, use Curse or Rest instead. Put 252 HP EVs into Snorlax instead of 252 Atk. Use 252HP, 252SpDef, 6Atk
    STARMIE
    Expert Belt on Starmie? Nice idea! Choice Specs would work but it'd be funny to have your opponent gasp in horror that your non-Life Orb non-Leftovers Starmie KOed a Gyarados with Thunderbolt and then switched attacks. XD
    SCIZOR
    Focus Sashes are for leads. Since Scizor is not a lead, use Life Orb instead. Aerial Ace should be replaced for Bug Bite. Bug Bite gets STAB, unlike AA.
    GALLADE
    Use Ice Punch and Stone Edge over EQ and Leaf Blade. Most things, barring pure Electric-types, that are weak to Ground are also weak to Fighting. Close Combat = 120 power + STAB = 180. That's only 20 away from a super effective Earthquake! Night Slash is an option for dealing with Ghosts, but there are really only three Ghosts one sees: Gengar, Mismagius and Dusknoir; and the most popular one (I think) is weak to Psycho Cut.

In short:
    Replace Jolteon's Baton Pass with Charge Beam.
    Replace either Flygon's Fire Punch or Stone Edge with U-Turn, if you choose to use Choice Scarf.
    Replace Snorlax's Brick Break with Curse or Rest.
    Starmie is great already. Choice Specs work just as well, too.
    Give Scizor a Life Orb and replace Aerial Ace with Bug Bite.
    Replace Gallade's Earthquake and Leaf Blade with Stone Edge (or Night Slash) and Ice Punch.

lol You mean T-Wave for Charge Beam? xD

Good ideas. I think I'm gonna go with Night Slash on Gallade though...Stone Edge seems to risky for Scarfing.

And thanks for the compliment on my Expert Belt Starmie. It has saved me a good deal of times, actually. It does well against walls.

Stone Edge HAS saved me more often than Fire Punch...so I suppose I could switch Fire Punch with U-Turn.

As for Snorlax, I'll have to disagree. My Snorlax is built for attack, and has proved to be a good asset on my team. I actually used to have Blissey, but suprisingly, Snorlax has done a better job.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • lol i said baton pass? heh i was training an eevee and my mind was focused on getting it to learn baton pass. xD
    as for the snorlax, it occurred to me it is good to have a novelty set on your team. the worst battlers are mainly the ones who use gengar, scizor, swampert, skarmory etc. because some movesets are built for countering those, like if swampert weren't used so much, no azelf would ever have grass knot. and when you send out snorlax, many people will think "oh, it's another stupid curse/rest snorlax, lemme send out cresselia to get dual screens... HOLY HECK it has brick break?!" another failed attempt to make people laugh. xD and as for gallade, night slash will work well if you go up against someone using trick room with dusknoir, it probably won't cross their mind that you'll have night slash. gallade is good against 2 of the three main trick roomers: porygon2 and dusknoir, the other being bronzong (they mostly have levitate so eq won't hurt them).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    lol the worst battlers are mainly the ones who use gengar, scizor, swampert, skarmory etc. because some movesets are built for countering those, like if swampert weren't used so much, no azelf would ever have grass knot.

1. That is complete and utter bs and you know it.
    2. Grass Knot sucks on Azelf and for that reason hardly anyone runs it lol. Not only that but Swampert is horrid switch in to Azelf and a NP LO Psychic massacres it.

Sorry but these points holds absolutely no water and it'd be nice if you don't post things like that as they are incorrect. :/

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • the worst battlers are mainly the ones who use gengar, scizor, swampert, skarmory etc. because some movesets are built for countering those, like if swampert weren't used so much, no azelf would ever have grass knot.

The worst battlers are mainly the one who don't use what you've said for the reason you've said and think they're good. Pokemon fit into archetypes, and moveset are devised to kill other archetypes, not just Pokemon. Grass Knot is on stuff for bulky waters, not Swampert. Saying "i can't use swampert because grass knot owns it i'll use <insert useless water-type here> because it's unpredicted!" is stupid because grass knot still KOs it.

that and no azelf would ever have grass knot anyway.

OT: On Flygon, Fire Blast is superior to Punch in most aspects, as it massacres Skarmory and other Physically-defensive steels who would otherwise force you to switch and proceed to set up stuff. Considering you're replacing it with U-turn...well, Physically-defensive Steels now lol at you even more.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    U-Turn lets you escape to a counter vs Skarm/Zong anyway and as Scarf Flygon is a revenge killer it shouldn't be trying to get past either considering both Fire Blast AND Fire Punch both do pathetic damage from scarfgon. Even more so as more and more Skarms are now Sp.Def and you need every slot on scarfgon so it simply cannot fit them in tbh.

KingDedede16

The King of Dream Land
    Years
  • 1. That is complete and utter bs and you know it.
    2. Grass Knot sucks on Azelf and for that reason hardly anyone runs it lol. Not only that but Swampert is horrid switch in to Azelf and a NP LO Psychic massacres it.

Sorry but these points holds absolutely no water and it'd be nice if you don't post things like that as they are incorrect. :/
    lol I've NEVER run into an Azelf with Grass Knot...EVER. So your point holds true.
    U-Turn lets you escape to a counter vs Skarm/Zong anyway and as Scarf Flygon is a revenge killer it shouldn't be trying to get past either considering both Fire Blast AND Fire Punch both do pathetic damage from scarfgon. Even more so as more and more Skarms are now Sp.Def and you need every slot on scarfgon so it simply cannot fit them in tbh.

I wouldn't put Fire Blast on my Flygon anyways because of its accuaracy(I already mentioned I don't normally like low accuracy moves with Choicers), so I'm still considering U-Turn.

I might be taking out Gallade for Azelf though...but that makes me sad, because Shiny Gallade is like...one of my favorite Pokemon. I know that doesn't matter to some people in competitive battling, but hey...its awesome. :(

Back