• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raising Dawn (OU)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Hiya everyone! I've been playing Pokemon Black and I was really into the new Pokemon and the moves they have. Which is why I've thought of my very own first Pokemon team I'm going to have.

Here they are, lemme introduce you to the Pokemon!

Crustle
    Nature: Adamant
    IV'S: 31/x/31/x/x/x
    EV's: 252 HP/206 Def/ 46 Sp.Def
    Ability: Sturdy
    Held Item: Mental Herb
    X-Scissor
    Stone Edge
    Stealth Rock
    Spikes

I'm quite surprised there's another Pokemon that has Spikes and Stealth Rock at the same time, but with power as well.

Crustle comes in as a great lead because the ability, Sturdy and the item, Mental Herb has improved.

Stealth Rock is the main move for this Pokemon. Because we all need Stealth Rocks to give our opponents a disadvantadge.

Spikes can also be a big helpful if Crustle can endure hits. It is uncommon for Crustle to lay down spikes though. I was thinking about Earthquake, But I'm sticking with Spikes.

X-Scissor and Stone Edge are both STAB moves to deal some damage to the Pokemon.

I now like the effect Mental Herb has now because there are many Pokemon that have Taunt to prevent Crustle from setting up. But when taunted, Mental Herb activates and Crustle can still set up Stealth Rock.

The things I have to watch out for is sleeping moves. They can stop it in it's tracks and then come prepared. I think Fake Out can also be a threat too.

Ferrothorn
    Nature: Sassy
    IV's: 31/x/31/x/31/0
    EV's: 252 HP/252 Sp.Def
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip
    Leech Seed
    Curse/Substitute

What can I say about Ferrothorn? It's outstanding! It takes hits (except Fire and Fighting type moves) like they are footballs! Plus, it attacks with great force.

Since Ferrothorn is a Sassy nature, Gyro Ball is a really handy move because
    it'll deal more damage based on it's Speed.

Power Whip is a STAB move and a powerful one too. I was wondering how Ferrothorn can Power Whip while clinging onto nothing...

Ferrothorn needs to stay alive for as long as possible. That's why Leech Seed is there to heal more HP.

It all comes down to two moves on the last slot. Curse is for setting up to do more damage and shake off more attacks. While Substitute protects it from status afflicting moves.

The Pokemon that will deal with Ferrothorn is Fire and Fighting types and even Pokemon with Taunt. Infernape and Blaziken will roast Ferrothorn...

Hydreigon
    Nature: Timid
    IV's: x/x/x/31/31/31
    EV's: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
    Held Item: Life Orb
    Draco Meteor
    Dark Pulse
    Fire Blast
    U-Turn/Focus Blast

Behold, a new Dragon types that is a Dark type and has the ability to be immune to Ground types. This Pokemon can sweep opponent's right out of it's way!

Draco Meteor...A very powerful STAB move combined with Life Orb. It will deal alot of damage.Dark Pulse is another useful STAB move and it's worth learning it. It can also flinch other Pokemon if it has the chance.

Fire Blast is for taking down Steel and Grass type Pokemon for a better type coverage. Take Ferrothorn for example. One Fire Blast = Toast.

Again, it comes down to two move to fit in the last slot. U-Turn is for dealing damage and switching out. While Focus Blast is for taking down the opposing Rock and Dark types, but it can miss which is a pain.

When Hydreigon is out. It has to be careful of Pokemon that are faster than it. Since it's not the fastest dragon in the Pokemon world. It's arch nemesis is Haxorus.

Gyarados
    Nature: Adamant
    IV's: 31/31/x/x/x/31
    EV's: 252 Atk/252 Speed
    Held Item: Lum Berry
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Dragon Dance
    Taunt

Ah yes. You all remember Gyarados, don't you? It's one of the best sweepers out there!

This Gyarados is focused on sweeping. That's why it was EV Trained in Attack and Speed.

Lum Berry is there to resist status problems for one turn.

Waterfall is it's main move. Glad it's not a special attacking move.

Stone Edge is to take down Flying types and opposing Gyarados's.

Dragon Dance is a classic. It boosts up the Attack and Speed for it's chance be the center of attention.

And finally Taunt. Really useful move for Pokemon that can set up and cause problems. When used, it's attack the Gyarados or switch.

The main problem for Gyarados is Electric types. The Pokmeon won't handle a single jolt from a tough Electric type.

Scolipede
    Nature: Jolly
    IV's: 31/31/x/x/x/31
    EV's: 252 HP/252 Speed
    Ability: Poison Point
    Held Item: Black Sludge
    Poison Jab
    Megahorn
    Toxic Spikes
    Earthquake

I was thinking of a Pokemon that can set up Toxic Spikes really quickly. I was unsure but I chose Scolipede because even though it's big and scary. It can outspeed a Non-Scarfed Gengar. So, you might see some errors in this Pokemon.

Poison Jab and Megahorn are both STAB moves for Scolipede for power. Megahorn may be powerful, but it might miss.

Scolipede's fast Speed can set up Toxic Spikes to poison the Pokemon that is not a Poison type. However, Scolipede is not that defensive. So that's why it needs to set up the spikes when the opponent is switching Pokemon.

And finally, Earthquake for more type coverage which are Electric, Rock and Steel types.

The fast speed is anything for Scolipede. It's defense is important too. So whenever there's a Pokemon that won't have a problem with Scolipede like Victini and Moltres, switch out.

Cofagrigus
    Nature: Bold
    IV's: 31/x/31/30/31/x/
    EV's: 252 HP/186 Def/66 Sp. Def
    Held Item: Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    Shadow Ball
    Will-O-Wisp
    Haze
    Rest

There's a new ghost creeping about in Pokemon. It's Cofagrigus! The new Ghost type Pokemon that can use Haze. Cofagrigus is a really bulky Ghost type Pokemon like Dusknoir. It takes hits well but it lacks a good recovery move.

Shadow Ball is it's STAB move for finishing off weakened Pokemon.

Physical attackers will have a really hard time when burnt by the Will-O-Wisp. Plus, when a physical Pokemon raises it's stats, Haze gets rid of them!

Now I've said Cofagrigus lacks a recovery move. So the only good move that can recover the Pokemon is Rest.

Two items are reliable for Cofagrigus. One is Leftovers to recover HP and Chesto Berry to wake it up when it used Rest. Not sure what to choose though. But I think Chesto Berry is the better item for it.

Things to watch out for when Cofagrigus is on the field? Dark and Ghost type Pokemon and the move Taunt. Things will go wrong when this Pokemon is facing one of it's threats.

So, there you go. The first 5th Gen Pokemon team I've thought of. It's not the best team in the world, but it's still good. There maybe some Pokemon that won't have a problem facing this team.

But still, hope you like the team. Maybe you can tell me on Pokemon that I can improve on.

Thanks for reading!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • IMO, Hydreigon is better with the Choice Scarf, but Life Orb is okay.

Scolipede needs Focus Sash to ensure it gets Toxic Spikes up. Poison has terrible coverage, so replace that with Rock Slide for better coverage.

Is that a bulky DD Gyarados you're using? This spread is better if you're planning on doing that: 156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Spe.

Back