• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Fixing a Game Freeze...

Years
  • So my game I've been working on has some sort of bug. Occasionally, when a battle starts, the game will just freeze, and get totally stuck. One of the more recent things I added in were the animations from Reborn, so I thought I might have done something wrong with that, so I replaced "move2anim.dat", "moves.dat", and "PkmnAnimations.rxdata" with the old default files, and i'm still getting the freezes. I have no idea what might be causing this, I havn't been editing much in regards to battles. All that I believe I changed were the move animations that I mentioned, the "moves.txt" PBS file, and I made my own graphics for the battle menu commands. Nothing major, so the bug is really frustrating. The most frustrating thing is that it only happens SOMETIMES, meaning you could play normally for a number of wild battles, but then randomly every maybe 3-10 battles or so, the game freezes, and you have to close it and restart from the last save. It's playable if you just make sure to save after every 2 or 3 battles, but it's pretty annoying to say the least. I have no idea how to squash this bug since it's hard to figure out exactly what's causing it...

I know this is a bit of a long shot, since you don't have much to go on, but have any of you run into any similar problems? I really want to resolve this before I continue adding things into the game. Thanks in advance :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Same problem here! With Reborn Animations too!

Last edited:
    Back