• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone been able to use the Perspective view mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
Years
  • I think that the perspective viewmode (MAPVIEWMODE=2 in settings) included with essentials looks really cool.
    I mean look at that.
    cJFUbI7.png

It's just subtle enough and I think it looks fantastic. It's even better in movement.

It makes the game look closer to the official games and I'd love to use it in my game (perhaps with an toggle-able menu option)
    Anyway, the problem is that it seems to completely disregard layers and priorities, which makes it completely unusuable.
    For example:
    LUcGhYY.png

This doesn't happen with the regular viewmode. The gate thing tiles are set to the highest priority, so normally the player should be under it. But the game completely disregards tile priority when perspective mode is on.

Is there something I'm missing about how this mode is supposed to be used or set up or is it just plain broken?

I know that the Reddit fangame apparently got it to work, but I don't know if they're using the one from Essentials or if they just made their own script. Either way, this proves that it is possible to get it to work with priorities in Essentials, so do you guys have any idea how it could be fixed?

Note: I'm using Essentials v15, but I tried it with the latest version of Essentials too and the same thing happens.

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
  • The feature is "completed" in some of the earlier essentials packs(which is probably what the fan-game you linked to used), however since interest in it died out, there's been no real attempt to get it working in current releases.

If I remember correctly someone has a half finished essentials kit with H-mode 7(the successor to neo-mode 7, which is the effect you are showing), in the scripts section. But that was dropped, and was probably based on like essentials v.13 at the latest.

EDIT: Here's the link if it interests you anyways. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277243

Thanks, I'll have a look at it and see if I can make it work.
    I'll post results in this thread if I figure something out.

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
    Years
  • Just my two cents:
    Is it possible to change the perspective mode script so that I can get a "side-view" of the character? I don't necessarily need it to imitate the 3D viewing in the x axis display of the sprites but to rather show a panorama behind sprites that are drawn on top of eachother as they are displayed on the y axis.

I'm trying to make a sort-of Skyarrow Bridge in my game where the game "camera" follows the character as if it's parallel to the ground.

Hopefully you get the idea.
    I'll try to dive into the script to see if I find anything that could make this happen.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    For priority mode, how do you get rid of the lines that are in the tiles with priority

This is well-known bug with rounding issues with scaling in bigger screen sizes and also doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back