• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] How many episodes do you think are left in Sun and Moon?

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
  • Edit: If you don't watch the sub, don't read ahead as there are spoilers and I forgot to flair it. Soz, would appreciate if a mod could fix that, if its in their powers.

I don't mean this in a negative way at all, I was just thinking that right now we are on episode 115. Ash has completed all four of his grand trials and all we are doing is waiting for the league to come. Someone fact check me if I'm wrong here, but I believe XY and XYZ were the shortest series with 140 episodes. When compared to Sun and Moon, that's a 25 episode difference.

Assuming that the series will go beyond 140 episodes, then It seems to me that there is either going to be a lot of filler involved between that and the ending because I don't really see much that they can do. I don't know how long a league arc is on average.

If the series was to finish within those 25 episodes then it would be the shortest of them all (again I think). I personally see it going in this direction because of the lack of content so far. Either there is going to be some type of huge arc between now and the league or even after the league.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    added the spoiler tag for you!

as for the amount of episodes it seems they're building up to the league and then it's possible we're going to have the league itself. I think this might be like sinnoh where the league is the last thing and then he moves on to galar, though there is a possible chance that it's like XY and we have the league and then some team skull plot before the final episodes.

as for the number of episodes 25 sounds fair. they'll very likely want to start the galar anime right around the time the games come out so the anime will probably end a few weeks beforehand and then have a small hiatus because i believe that's how it normally works.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Leagues typically take six(Unova) to as much as eight(Sinnoh). Pretty much all 6 Protagonists, Gladion, Hau, Team Rocket, Plumeria, Guzma and whomever you can think of since it's open to everyone. Even Brock and Misty could join in since their last Episode left the door open for yet another return. Brock vs. Ash anyone? Also opens the door for past characters and even Gym Leaders to show up out of nowhere. Dawn showed up for a Tournament in Unova so can't say she won't do it again to foreshadow Gen 4 remakes?

There's also Lillie's Dad and the search for him. There's also Magearna and it's Soul Heart, which is something they'll likely tackle soon so Lillie can have it for the League. Mallow and Sophocles need Z-Rings(and Z-Crystals) so there's an Episode or two for that. Then there's Meltan and it's Evolution along with the final UB. It's possible they will finish before 140 but there might be enough content to stretch it to that mark.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    About 20 episodes after the ones already revealed. I believe that SM will be around the same length as BW and XY.

Years
  • I think Guzma is plotting something evil, hence why the episodes would be ended up mostly in 30 episodes though. We'll just have to wait and see.

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
    Years
  • Me, i think this will be the last season in Alola for sure.

Remember Season 19, the last season of Kalos, there was the league, and then, Team Flare incident, which were were really cool to watch.

So I think there has to been a Team Skull incident with the league, coz Prof. Kukui knows Guzma since long time...

I'm sure it will be really interesting and cool to watch! ;)

It,s a shame that there won't be a movie in Alola, and with Ash's new friend frrm Alola... It would have been nice, coz Alola is a beautfull region and the Ultra Beasts are so cool, and so are the legenderaies as well.

Years
  • it's weird. if I gauge it against the games, I don't see that many left. probably more than 15 or something. but idk with the implementation of the league.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Let's see, they usually end the anime in October in Japan. There will probably be at least 4 to 5 break weeks. So counting all the episodes that have had titles revealed, I'd say about 22 or 23 episodes. Depends on when the games come out. If they come out in early December, then there might be 25 or so episodes left.

XY and BW have both had arcs after the league, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some type of evil team arc, likely involving Meltan, after the League. That being said, we still have Rainbow Rocket who hasn't made an appearance and according to the Misty/Brock coming to Alola episode, Team Rocket is very busy with something, which makes me think that is a foreshadow. I think they probably could get a Skull, Meltan, and Rainbow Rocket all in a single arc.

The new anime will likely start the week before the new games come out and there is usually a break week between generations. That being said, there will likely be anywhere between 21 to 28 episodes left total for SwSh. The league will likely start up in July or Mid June. We will probably get info about a new anime in July as well.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Well the Alolan League officially begins on June 30th with SuMo 128. Based on their track record with respect to Leagues, the Alolan League should last anywhere from 6 to 8 Episodes. Assuming 8, that means it will be done by SuMo 135 although with the number of participants, this League might be the longest of them all since we have all 6 Protagonists, Hau, Gladion, Guzma, Plumeria, TR and every other character you can think of participating. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts 10 Episodes, hence finishing up at SuMo 137. Assuming I'm right, the league would end by September 1st with no "breaks". Sprinkle in a few breaks to build up hype and it could finish by September 15th or so. Typically there's an Antagonist plot that interrupts or starts after the Tournament and the only one that makes sense is a Team Skull or Rainbow Rocket/TR arc that ought to last ~5-6 Episodes. Then tack on 2-3 Episodes for picking up t he pieces and wrapping up the series leads me to believe that SuMo will probably end around SuMo 144(which is a few Episodes later than what I guessed would be the case elsewhere in this Forum(original guess was 142)). If I'm right, then we could be looking at the series finishing up sometime around November 3rd(perhaps later if they sprinkle in more breaks).

That seems about right seeing as they love to release new games in November.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • Typically there's an Antagonist plot that interrupts or starts after the Tournament and the only one that makes sense is a Team Skull or Rainbow Rocket/TR arc that ought to last ~5-6 Episodes.

"Typically"? It's only happened twice so far, so it's not like it's a pattern that we should expect to continue. And after all the ridiculously pointless Team Rocket and Team Skull episodes that we've already had to put up with so far in SuMo, why do people still want to see some final mini-arc involving TR that is guaranteed to be awful just like all the other TR related subplots?

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • "Typically"? It's only happened twice so far, so it's not like it's a pattern that we should expect to continue. And after all the ridiculously pointless Team Rocket and Team Skull episodes that we've already had to put up with so far in SuMo, why do people still want to see some final mini-arc involving TR that is guaranteed to be awful just like all the other TR related subplots?

Well the mere fact that the antagonist groups have been so underwhelming is why I anticipate there being one. Otherwise, as you so eloquently pointed out, what's the whole freaking point of having Team Rocket, much less Team Skull in the SuMo Anime in the first place? You could be right and there won't be an Antagonist arc, in which case the SuMo Anime would be lucky to hit 140 Episodes or what the previous series hit. Yet the fact we've had an Antagonist arc twice does yield the possibility of it happening. Don't forget there's Alolan Meowth and the potential for Team Rocket to discover Meltan(a rare Steel Type).

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    With the league starting and Sword & Shield's release date approaching I think that there will be about 10-12 episodes left after the ones that have already been confirmed.

Back