• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] How do you implement move animations into Pokémon Emerald [Binary Hacking]?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Side note: I don't need to (for my ROM hack) change the number of moves in the game. The move I want to implement will replace an existing move in the game.

There is a well−developed tutorial for FireRed, but I'm assuming that it's way different in Emerald. I want to know how I can create a new animation for a move (a background and moving objects) and implement it in free space, and point it so that the move knows what offset to use for that animation.

I can find nothing about how to implement animations in Emerald − only FireRed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Side note: I don't need to (for my ROM hack) change the number of moves in the game. The move I want to implement will replace an existing move in the game.

There is a well−developed tutorial for FireRed, but I'm assuming that it's way different in Emerald. I want to know how I can create a new animation for a move (a background and moving objects) and implement it in free space, and point it so that the move knows what offset to use for that animation.

I can find nothing about how to implement animations in Emerald − only FireRed.

asm & battle script. check the research and development section.

methodology is always the same within generations, the only difference is the offsets.

Back