• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon World] Arcanum region ??

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Arcanum region ☆★

september 9th: updating the concept a bit, but still having some core elements and the name etc.
    Spoiler:

ARCANUM ☆★
    Introduction.
    Arcanum – the mystery of the west. This region was completely fine until the easterners came along. At least that's how many Arcanians put it.

The large island is a land of serene peace at a first glance, but of brewing conflict once you start looking closer. Decades ago, explorers from Unova and its sister regions traveled across the sea from the east, trying to prove their theory that there was actually a land hidden beneath the seemingly eternal thunderstorm in the middle of the vast Wild Ocean. They were correct. Hidden from detection from the air and from radio signals, there was a whole region there – the storm had been an illusion all the time, not even visible from inside. And what a region it was.

Rich with nature and a completely unique culture, the land had missed out on industrial revolution. Instead, they had made excellent use of pokémon to make their world impressively modern in some ways still. The eastern explorers dubbed the region Arcanum, because of the immense mystery it was.

Decades passed, and today life in Arcanum is one of opposites and choices. To live as a traditional Arcanian, or to embrace the eastern technology? To adhere to Arcanian beliefs, or convert to outlandish science? To capture pokemon in mechanical pokéballs, or to let them follow you like friends and partners?

And the mysteries don't seem to end.

6UO1u2v.png

Advanced information eventually!
    css credit to Achromatic

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I like the fact that pokemon colors are inverted, actually had the idea a while back, but never got around to it. Looking forward to future things!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like the fact that pokemon colors are inverted, actually had the idea a while back, but never got around to it. Looking forward to future things!
    Thanks! However, I think I will change this and instead copy Alola and have Arcanum forms of existing pokemon. Mostly for my own enjoyment since I'll get to make pokemon edits~~ and because there can be at least as interesting history to explain it through, as with the shinies.

Back