• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Every time I fish in Emerald a Tauros appears.

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    Every single time I get into a wild battle in my Emerald ROM through fishing, it's a Tauros. It doesn't matter where, or with which rod. The main problem is that I've looked through the encounter data in AdvanceMap and it's completely normal, so I really don't know what's causing the issue. I've tried downloading someone else's save file and I went fishing using that save file in my ROM, and the issue still occurred.

I've made a few changes to the ROM, but nothing that I can imagine causing this. I've allowed running indoors, implemented the B2/W2 repel system, implemented the Phys/Spec split, added an NPC that gives you the event items and activates the events, removed the special that releases the roaming Lati@s and replaced them with static encounters. Probably another few that I'm forgetting as well. Even with changes made to the ROM, I can't think of anything that would cause this while the encounter data is still normal. If anyone knows what the possible cause of this may be, I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, I remember using a tool to add something to Emerald which also had an option to use the FRLG fishing system in Emerald, and I suspect that that could be the issue. Anyone know what this tool is (it was a python script) so I can take a closer look?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Exact same thing happened to me. I assume you?re using a combination of DizzyEgg?s battle engine upgrade as well as his ?various em features? upgrade. Some of them seem to work together while others don?t. For instance, you absolutely need to have the battle engine upgrade in order for the poke balls in the EM features to work. However, it seems the battle engine also breaks fishing if used with the various features engine. I can confirm that, without the battle engine installed, chain fishing, fire red style fishing, and all the other features except for the poke balls don?t have any issues.

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    Exact same thing happened to me. I assume you?re using a combination of DizzyEgg?s battle engine upgrade as well as his ?various em features? upgrade. Some of them seem to work together while others don?t. For instance, you absolutely need to have the battle engine upgrade in order for the poke balls in the EM features to work. However, it seems the battle engine also breaks fishing if used with the various features engine. I can confirm that, without the battle engine installed, chain fishing, fire red style fishing, and all the other features except for the poke balls don?t have any issues.

I don't remember using the battle engine upgrade, but I assume I must've been. I basically just remade my hack, since I don't think there was any way to fix it. Luckily I haven't done crazy amounts to the ROM, mostly just QoL improvements, but it was still a tedious process. I was easier than the first time, though, since I already knew what I had to do and I already had all of my scripts so I could just copy them over.

Years
  • I don't remember using the battle engine upgrade, but I assume I must've been. I basically just remade my hack, since I don't think there was any way to fix it. Luckily I haven't done crazy amounts to the ROM, mostly just QoL improvements, but it was still a tedious process. I was easier than the first time, though, since I already knew what I had to do and I already had all of my scripts so I could just copy them over.

I remember that bug. It has something to do with repointing the wild mon data table. I'd try fixing it in a hex editor and see if all the pointers pointing to the said table are correct.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    I remember that bug. It has something to do with repointing the wild mon data table. I'd try fixing it in a hex editor and see if all the pointers pointing to the said table are correct.

While I got you here, any chance you know a way to fix that new Poke balls feature in your "various em features" script without requiring the use of the Battle Engine? It doesn't say the Battle Engine is required for the feature but, through a lot of testing, me and some people have found that to be the case

Years
  • While I got you here, any chance you know a way to fix that new Poke balls feature in your "various em features" script without requiring the use of the Battle Engine? It doesn't say the Battle Engine is required for the feature but, through a lot of testing, me and some people have found that to be the case

It is required unless you'd write your own version of the battlesctipt command that calculates the chances.

Back