• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon battles were real, which Pokemon would you choose?

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
Suppose Pokemon were real and Pokemon battles weren't forbidden but there were some rules.
1. Only one Pokemon are you allowed to have, not six.
2. You aren't allowed to battle if your Pokemon knows any TMs or Tutor moves. You are allowed to only teach it level-up and breeding moves.
3. No items given to them.

Which Pokemon would you choose, what moves would you give to it and how would you train it?

I would capture a Chansey and eventually evolve it into Blissey. I would train it for max defense, some HP and some Sp.Def - 212 HP/252 Def/46 Sp.Def

I would teach it Softboiled, Refresh, Egg Bomb, Counter(through breeding) or Softboiled, Sing, Egg Bomb, Counter.
I think I would opt for the second though. Sing can come in handy.

Blissey would be a very tough opponent. Humongous HP and sky high Sp.Def mean that only physical Pokemon would have a chance against her. To be more exact, only fighting Pokemon could beat my Blissey. Blissey is never OHKOed by any neutral physical attack due to her HP. So one Counter would be the end of the battle.
Also, Sing could be useful, Egg Bomb to deal damage :/ and Softboiled to heal herself.

The opposing Pokemon would probably just run out of energy and faint from exhaustion. Blissey could keep stalling it all the time with her endurance and Softboiled.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2012
I would use Squirtle! But it depends on the type of pokemon I was battling! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Suppose Pokemon were real and Pokemon battles weren't forbidden but there were some rules.
2. You aren't allowed to battle if your Pokemon knows any TMs or Tutor moves. You are allowed to only teach it level-up and breeding moves.

Which Pokemon would you choose, what moves would you give to it and how would you train it?

I would capture a Chansey and eventually evolve it into Blissey. I would train it for max defense, some HP and some Sp.Def - 212 HP/252 Def/46 Sp.Def

I would teach it Softboiled, Refresh, Egg Bomb, Counter(through breeding) or Softboiled, Sing, Egg Bomb, Counter.
I think I would opt for the second though. Sing can come in handy.

Blissey would be a very tough opponent. Humongous HP and sky high Sp.Def mean that only physical Pokemon would have a chance against her. To be more exact, only fighting Pokemon could beat my Blissey. Blissey is never OHKOed by any neutral physical attack due to her HP. So one Counter would be the end of the battle.
Also, Sing could be useful, Egg Bomb to deal damage :/ and Softboiled to heal herself.

The opposing Pokemon would probably just run out of energy and faint from exhaustion. Blissey could keep stalling it all the time with her endurance and Softboiled.

I'm fairly confident that Mew, Mewtwo, Arceus and a number of other Pokemon could get the job done on Blissey. Mewtwo and Mew would rule the battles. Although, considering these Pokemon are quite rare i'd settle for an Alakazam. Just pick the opponents Pokemon up and drop them back onto the ground :cheeky:

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
If Pokemon were real; then stats wouldn't count. You'd have to exercise your Pokemon to have endurance, strength, and agility just like a real creature.
It'd really depend on the trainer and how they train their Pokemon.
Another thing that would count would be the size of the Pokemon. A goldfish, no matter how fast and how strong it is, would not be able to take on a crocodile.
The Pokemon would have limits to their strength and size.

Anyways; I'd have a Charmeleon.
Why? Because I love the Charmander line, especially Charmeleon.
I'd take it to the gym with me to strengthen its muscles, go running with it so that it can have more endurance, and I'd throw rocks or targets in the air so that Charmeleon can practice its aim with Flamethrower. When it eventually evolves; then I'd add flying to the training list.

After that, then I'd go on some cliche montage that would have it meditating in rain so that it can resist water attacks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
These are the new rules:

4. No legendaries - they are too strong(some of them but anyway).
5. No psychic types - in real life, they would be unstoppable as they could just control their opponent from a distance and kill him. Unfair.
6. There would be Pokemon leagues like heavyweight, lightweight etc just like in boxing. Thus, Pokemon would only fight other Pokemon of their size. Blissey wouldn't go against Gyarados due to tremendous size difference.

Oh Pokemon Trainer UV, what you are talking about is EV training. In real life, of course stats would count. Pokemon would have their base stats, its just up to the trainer to train them and make them even tougher.
Blissey has the most HP meaning that she is tough and can tolerate a lot of damage.
Rampardos has the most Att(non-legendaries) thus he can hit the hardest.

'Stats' exist in the animal kingdom too, it's just that animals' stats aren't measured.
An elephant and a whale have more HP due to their size.
A hippo has more Def than your dog because it has thick hide and bones.
A buffalo has more Att than your cat because it's stronger.

Stats would exist and count. Blissey would be a soft round thing which would be easily damaged(low Def) but it would still not faint and keep on going in spite of the horrific injuries(high HP).

If you would take your Charmander with you at the gym then you would EV train it for Attack. If you take him running with you then you EV train him for HP(kinda like stamina).
And you simply can't make him endure its weakness. A weakness is a weakness. His tail flame will always be put out in the rain.

Still Blissey can't be beaten by any of your Pokemon guys :D Charmander(or Charizard) doesn't have a chance against her neither does Alakazam(which is banned due to the rules).

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
These are the new rules:

4. No legendaries - they are too strong(some of them but anyway).
5. No psychic types - in real life, they would be unstoppable as they could just control their opponent from a distance and kill him. Unfair.
6. There would be Pokemon leagues like heavyweight, lightweight etc just like in boxing. Thus, Pokemon would only fight other Pokemon of their size. Blissey wouldn't go against Gyarados due to tremendous size difference.

Oh Pokemon Trainer UV, what you are talking about is EV training. In real life, of course stats would count. Pokemon would have their base stats, its just up to the trainer to train them and make them even tougher.
Blissey has the most HP meaning that she is tough and can tolerate a lot of damage.
Rampardos has the most Att(non-legendaries) thus he can hit the hardest.

'Stats' exist in the animal kingdom too, it's just that animals' stats aren't measured.
An elephant and a whale have more HP due to their size.
A hippo has more Def than your dog because it has thick hide and bones.
A buffalo has more Att than your cat because it's stronger.

Stats would exist and count. Blissey would be a soft round thing which would be easily damaged(low Def) but it would still not faint and keep on going in spite of the horrific injuries(high HP).

If you would take your Charmander with you at the gym then you would EV train it for Attack. If you take him running with you then you EV train him for HP(kinda like stamina).
And you simply can't make him endure its weakness. A weakness is a weakness. His tail flame will always be put out in the rain.

Still Blissey can't be beaten by any of your Pokemon guys :D Charmander(or Charizard) doesn't have a chance against her neither does Alakazam(which is banned due to the rules).

You're trying to apply game logic when you're making a thread about putting Pokemon in real life...
In real life; a wolf is much more powerful than a dog, but sometimes even a dog can beat a wolf.
The world isn't covered in numbers telling you what your limits are, in fact, if Pokemon were real, it'd mostly follow the anime rules. Where even a Pikachu; if it works hard, and fights right, can defeat a mighty Dragonite. Heck, maybe going for the horn would actually work. Point being; Game logic wouldn't apply to life.

No offense, but you're pretty much coming out as an elitist competitive jerk who only cares about winning instead of actually liking their Pokemon. I really doubt that your Blissey would even evolve in the first place because it needs friendship, while you're applying numbers and thinking only about winning.

Of course, this is the Pokemon Battle thread, but regardless, I'll be on a Charizard's back flying over the country.

Oh, and your rules are pretty bad for what you're trying to do, I mean come on, Psychic types are tough, but they are often over-exaggerated in the Pokedex entries, just like Charmander's tail being put out by simple rain even though no such thing has happened in either the games or anime. Heck, one of the Pokedex entries, Kadabra apparently came from a kid; so I don't think that Psychic Pokemon would be banned in real life.
I also doubt there'd be a Pokemon limit, and if it there was, it wouldn't be just one.
The item and legendary thing I can agree with, though.
And why not tutors? The TM thing kinda makes sense, but why can't a teacher teach your Pokemon things too? That wouldn't count as cheating, because by that logic, you're cheating life for going to school.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2012
Hi. First, good thread.
Now, if Pokêmons were real, i would use Salamence. Because he hasn't got any bad stat. And his Attack/Sp. Attack is good.
I would make their moves; Double-Edge, Protect, Dragon Claw and Fly.
And, i will say another thing. Blissey really has many HP :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
yunondmyname, thanks for that! Salamence is good. I think my Blissey wouldn't be particulalry happy about that. Anyway, as long as Blissey survives the first hit(which is very likely) it can Counter back and kill your dragon! Yeah, Blissey has a lot of HP. That's why Counter is such a great move on it!

Pokemon Trainer UV , what's exactly is your problem?
Pokemon logic fits real life logic quite well as long as battles are concerned. Nothing is numbered down in real life but there are some facts about animals that you should know. Which animal can take more shots? An elephant or a dog? An elephant, it has more HP and defense. An hyena has a stronger bite than a cheetah. Thus it has more attack. A buffalo also has more attack than a cheetah because it is stronger.
Don't be fooled by the games. The anime is a much better comparison to how it would be in a real battle. Pokemon are able to dodge and attack.

A dog can beat a wolf sometimes because dogs first of all have more attack and defense(dogs are indeed much sturdier than wolves). Thus in Pokemon logic they can take more bites while the wolf won't endure many bites from the dog. Also, a dog may be lucky and bite the wolf on the neck thus it will win. That would be a Critical Hit in Pokemon battles. Everything fits.
Pikachu is only able to beat a dragonite in the anime because its a kid show and kids wanna cheer with pikachu! In the game, Pikachu will never KO a dragonite. However, electricity is electricity and no matter how big you are you may die after a thunderbolt. Thus Pikachu, even being small, could kill an Arcanine or something much larger if it managed to dodge the bites and attack. It's very simple. In real life, a lion has little chance to kill a buffalo alone. They do it in packs most of the time. Lions have high attack and speed. Buffalos have high HP, Attack and Defense. Thus a lion may manage to kill a lion alone but only if it manages to dodge the horns and attack the buffalo several times.

Also, it's my thread so you are not the one who will choose the rules. It's a pure 'what if' thread so I really can't understand why you can't suppose that those are the rules. I mean, nothing hard about it. Just get over it.
You are not allowed to have more than 1 Pokemon in a battle. Deal with it. It's governments laws. Better now?
Psychic types won't be much fun when they just control your Pokemon from a mile away, manipulating it like a ragdoll and beating it on the ground till it faints while it can't do anything but hang on there helplessly.
Okay, about the tutor thing you are right.
Also, you can't just delete your Pokemon's weakness. It's tail will be put out after a water gun. It's a fire Pokemon. It will always be weak to water. Thinking that YOU will help it get over it's weakness by training is immature. You would be a trainer not a wizard. It's more likely to get a psychic type to not be afraid of bugs since its just a mental fear but not make a fire type neutral to water which is a physical weakness.

garjora

Ambassador of the Cosmos
Years
I would use a Magmortar with these moves:

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Hidden Power

It covers all weaknesses. And, to me, Magmortar is just an overall badass.

As for the "only level up or breeding moves" I really don't know, why would we only be stuck with them anyways?

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
You're still trying to apply game logic to reality, when the thread is about putting Pokemon battles into reality!
And no, I don't think you know anything about animals if you think that a dog is sturdier than a wolf. A domesticated dog has a much weaker bite force than a wolf, a domesticated dog doesn't spend time hunting large animals, fighting other wolves, chasing prey, and killing prey. A domesticated dog would always be an underdog against a wolf.(No pun intended- okay screw that, I meant that pun. Facepalm your face out.)
But as reality is; sometimes if the underdog has enough spirit, enough of a will, and enough determination, they can win.
After all: Mind over matter.

You keep contradicting yourself, you know, by stating that Pokemon battles would be like the anime, but then saying that a Pikachu will never beat a Dragonite because it's not possible in the games.

I didn't say that I would get rid of its weakness, I'd say that I'd help it resist it. What's so immature about training your Pokemon to be sturdier and overcome their weakness? If anything, you're being immature about this whole thing.

Yes, I know it's your thread, but these rules are pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
I would probably get an Infernape and teach him
Flare blitz
Close combat
Punishment
Feint

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
A garchomp, he's my favorite and really fast/tough o_O. I'd pair him with a Scizor if I was allowed to, to beat any Ice types that might try and beat him, but since I can't I'd give him a Yache berry, then Swords Dance Earthquake, Fire Fang and Dragon Claw!

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
UV, dogs are sturdier in structure than wolves. Get over it. Wolves have indeed a stronger bite force but dogs can tolerate more damage. That's what I said. If you keep saying that a frail wolf is sturdier than a dog then you don't know what you are talking about. And I am not talking about small dogs. I'm talking about the larger dog breeds like Labrador, Rottweiler. Comparing a wolf and a Chihuahua in the first place, is unfair.

A large dog may beat a wolf but that's not common. A wolf is more agile, faster on average and stronger but a dog is kinda sturdier in structure. A wolf clumps to the ground after a kick to the ribs.

A Wigglytuff may be able to beat a Mightyena in a Pokemon battle. In real life, it's unlikely for a large bunny to beat an hyena. But that's Pokemon anime. It would be boring if reality was applied in the anime all the time. If you look at the stats though you will see that Wigglytuff isn't just a large bunny. It has a ****load of HP and passable defenses. A Mightyena isn't strong enough to break through it's HP alone. In real life bunnies are rather frailer and hyenas too strong. My point is that you can't take anime really seriously because it kinda overpowers certain Pokemon, especially Pikachu. Although Pikachu can zap you dead it can't beat a dragon.

Again, you can't help a fire pokemon resist water. OMG how hard is it to understand? Anyway, if you think you would be able to do that then it's okay with me.

I don't know what we are fighting over anymore. Just stop it already. If you don't like the thread then just ignore it. It's a completely 'suppose that' thread yet you can't suppose anything. Just SUPPOSE that those are the rules.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Okay, I'll stop arguing.

But understand;
Wolves are feral animals that have been known to survived getting whacked by a moose. Wolves are MUCH sturdier than dogs. Before you give stats to animals, at least learn about them first. A wolf is a wild animal that survives in one of the harshest enviroments; while dogs were bred just to help humans do work, or be family pets.
A wolf is far from being a Fido. It's pretty much superior to a dog in every physical aspect.

Spoiler:

Like I said, before giving animals stats, actually learn about them first.

Also I think you're getting defense and HP mixed up. HP is the amount of damage a Pokemon can take before it faints, Defense determines the amount of damage it takes.
Don't look at it as a number, look at it in a relative way.
Say, a Golbat is hit by a neutral attack and it loses 20 of its HP of say...200.
That's 10% of its HP lost.
A Wigglytuff is hit by the same attack, and it takes about 50 damage, out of 300. That's 15% of its HP lost.
Wigglytuff may have more HP, but it takes more damage regardless.

HP is meaningless if you don't have a good defense.

Blissey has huge HP and a huge Special Defense, but a neutral physical attack would still have massive damage.

One last time; We're talking about reality here. If I want to train my Charmeleon to have more resistance to water, then I can. That doesn't delete it's weakness, but it can still be tough.

I won't reply to this thread anymore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
Okay, if you insist on wolves being much sturdier then okay. They may as well be. You are right.

And I just said what I said about HP and Def just to show you that Wigglytuff is indeed bulky. When you see Wigglytuff vs Mightyena you instantly say Mightyena wins. If Wigglytuff wins in the anime then you may think that it's bullsh!t.
This is because you see a pink, cute Wigglytuff against a fierce Mightyena. You instantly think of them as hare vs hyena. If you think hare vs hyena then of course hyena wins. But truth is that Wigglytuff isn't just a normal bunny. It's bigger and tougher. I don't think hares in real life would have such high HP and defenses.They will die after a strong bite from the hyena. A wigglytuff has huge HP and defenses thus it can take more and retaliate. It actually has more time to counter back.

Anyway, HP is indeed how much damage a Pokemon tolerates. I think of HP as completely relative. The highest your HP the more injured and damaged your body will be till you faint.

Blissey has horrific Def thus its body is severely damaged after any attack. For example a Slash will leave a huge, deep, bloody laceration across her whole body. Yet she has huge HP which means she can actually tolerate a lot of damage thus she can take it and not faint. Then she takes a second Slash which leaves another gruel laceration. After the third final hit Blissey faints(dies).
Miltank takes a Slash. It only deals a small scratch. She faints after the tenth Slash.

Yeah Miltank endured a lot more than Blissey. But why? Because her body wasn't as badly damaged after the attack. So she endured 10 small scratches and fainted.
Blissey endured 3 huge lacerations and then fainted. Which one's body is worse damaged? Blissey's of course.
So point is that Miltank wouldn't survive such horrific damage on her body as Blissey because she has lower HP. She can just take more because she gets less damaged.

It's like a person fainting after 10 paper cuts and another person fainting after 3 knife slashes. Sure, the first guy endures more hits and manages to stay conscious for a longer time but hey who is tougher? The second of course because he fainted after 3 severe injuries while the first fainted after 10 smaller injuries.

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Snorlax, dunno why.
Rest
Giga Impact
8 dunno what other moves it knows

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Gyarados... Need I say more? Scary thing that guy would be in real life!

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
Well for me it is a really tough choice between Rattata/Raticate or the Cyndaquil line, but if I had to choose one only I'd go with Rattata and name him/her Nibbles. I would train it daily to make it strong enough to evolve into a Raticate, and beat all those Who would make fun of my lil friend during a battle.If their was a pokemon league of sorts I would maybe attempt my hand at it,but I'd mostly travel around with Nibbles and take on anyone who challenges us to a battle.

The moves I would teach it would be(the moveset I use for competitive battling, that works out great for me):
Crunch
Flame Wheel (yes it can be learned through breeding)
Hyper Fang
Quick Attack

Years
Well it depends on what you are basing it off.
Anime or Games?

In the Anime moves like String Shot can be rather handy to tie up opponents, but in the game they don't really do anything =/

Also in the anime you could use things to get rid of spikes like gust. Be more creative in general if it was like that, where as the games only do certain things.

Anime -
Gengar or Pidgeot. They would be able to do so much and you could be really creative with them.

Games - Venasaur. Sleep Powder and Leech seed is the way forward!

Back