• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] uninitialized constant PBEffects::BurnUp

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    Hi, there's this message that shows up when i try to battle a trainer. I thought it was my trainer that i did wrong, but it does that to the trainers on route 3 in essentials too.

Exception: NameError
    PokeBattle_Battler:457:in'pbInitEffects'
    PokeBattle_Battler:199:in'initialize'
    PokeBattle_Battle:410:in'new'
    PokeBattle_Battle:410:in'initialize'
    PokeBattle_Battle:409:in'each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:409:in'initialize'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:319:in'new'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:319:in'pbTrainerBattle'
    Debug:788:in'pbDebugMenu'
    Debug:296:in'loop'

Thanks

Years
    • Seen today
    Well, given that Burn Up doesn't exist in a clean v17.2, you seem to have added a script. Are you sure you did all of the instructions?

While I'm not sure what exactly you've changed, I do know that this error requires you to define the constant in script section PBEffects. A simple, BurnUp
    = 109
    or whatever the max number + 1 is for the battler effects.

Since this happened in the battler initialize though, this was probably the only thing you forgot to do to implement it. Double check though!

Back