• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 8] erik plays shield

Years
  • BV0iWcj.png
    AlAwroF.gif
    hello, welcome to my journey in galar as i play through pokémon shield! i'm picking up a copy of the game from GameStop in about 8 hours, but I'm going to go ahead and get my thread situated. most of the time, i start with the first game (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, X, Sun) but I've decided to go with Shield because the exclusives (pokémon & gym leaders) seem better!
    TgeVvoQ.gif
    (i think i'll likely leave pika up and update the rest in a second post) please do not be harsh @ css i have no idea what im doing

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • BV0iWcj.png
    AlAwroF.gif
    PART 1​
    U53O419.png
    i went to pick up my preorder from GameStop! I had no idea I needed to have a yellow sticker or something in advance on a receipt to be in a group, so I was at the end of the line, but it's not a big deal to me :coolcat: i got home, took this photo, and ate some chicken and sausage gumbo (and y'all it was good)
    8Ga28Og.png
    my cat, smoky, has decided to watch me play! why not include photos of my cats they're cute
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS​
    • why isn't there voice acting?? it's 2019!!!
    • omg elephant pokémon is so cute i need it on my team???
    • is the chairman a bad guy
    • the npcs reacting to the gigantamax was cute lmao
    • WOOLOO
    • that sleeping munchlax was so cute im cry?
      AX6AeVZ.jpg
    • it's our dad's bag???? is he dead
    • how are we neighbors with hop/leon but we've never actually met him
    • getting your starter is so cute??
      60KYxy5.jpg
    • this forest's music is a+
    • ok the fog scene = sinnoh confirmed, right???
    • i luv sonia
    • it made me happy the pokedex is an app??? idk, it's also almost 2am and ive had 5hrs of sleep in the past 24ish hours or so?
    • PC ROTOM AHHHHHH
      gW6diLy.jpg
    • ok im tired here's a pic of Jasper being grumpy because I didn't go to bed on time
      x1dlCRB.png
    CURRENT TEAM​
    • Bing Bong the Sobble, Lvl 7 (Modest)
    • Rhonda the Rookidee, Lvl 4 (Modest)
    • Ichabod the Skwovet, Lvl 6 (Jolly)
    • Nosferatu the Nickit, Lvl 5 (Naughty)

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • You're the first boy trainer I've seen. Omg the boy's bag is just, like, a trunk strapped to your back LMAO. ur late dad is trying to bring you to an early grave via back pain. vengeful ghost. :rowlyikes:

Years
  • Haha I had the same reaction @ dad's bag, rip. a+ nicknames so far!!
    he's just gotta be dead!!
    and thank you :catheart:
    You're the first boy trainer I've seen. Omg the boy's bag is just, like, a trunk strapped to your back LMAO. ur late dad is trying to bring you to an early grave via back pain. vengeful ghost. :rowlyikes:
    lmao headcanon accepted

Years
  • BV0iWcj.png
    AlAwroF.gif
    PART 2
    • IT TOOK ME LIKE 234243424 BATTLES TO REALIZE I COULD CATCH POKEMON BY USING X. i was grumpily going through the bag each time to do it and then i noticed it lmao..,,
    • i stayed up later than expected last night and caught a few more Yamper
    • I didn't check the first Yamper I caught, so I didn't realize the nature was actually good (Modest)
      sm4kmfM.jpg
      so i wound up releasing the extra ones I caught, and then went back to level up my Yamper (Elle Woods)
    • sorry erica lmao
    • also i released Rhonda the Rookidee and caught Booboo the Rookidee instead.
    • i opened up the Y Comm and for some reason it was set to a bald old man by default which is RUDE
      ubTxxue.jpg
    • i just wanna say the train was cute
      YcWUzKN.jpg
      i do hope we can battle people on it later on? :thonk:
    • also CAMPING Is ADORABLE look at Bing Bong
      A5Oh2RC.jpg
      A5Oh2RC.jpg
    • also now that i'm in the wild area for the first time, i did my first dynamax battle against a hoothoot. very dramatic, but giant yamper was adorable
      CRo0BEf.jpg
    • I still can't shake the feeling that the little floaty clouds kinda look like poo..,,,that's neither here nor their i suppose :s
    • a highlight from discord courtesy of Erica:
      Cherrim Today at 4:14 PM FHD?jshfs yamper is evolving Cherrim Today at 4:15 PM oh oh i hate it a lot ok reset game
    CURRENT TEAM​
    • Elle Woods the Yamper, Lvl 10 (Adamant)
    • Bing Bong the Sobble, Lvl 7 (Modest)
    • Booboo the Rookidee, Lvl 4 (Adamant)
    • Ichabod the Skwovet, Lvl 10 (Jolly)
    • Nosferatu the Nickit, Lvl 10 (Naughty)
    • Zippy the Zigzagoon, Lvl 9 (Modest)
    BOX​
    • Meowth, Lvl 5 (Lonely)
    • Chewtle, Lvl 6 (Serious)
    • Gruntilda the Grubble, Lvl 3 (Lax)
    • Marv the Magikarp, Lvl 5 (Impish)
    • Peek the Pikachu, Lvl 10 (Timid)
    • Wanda the Wingull, Lvl 9 (Hasty)
    • Bathilda the Bunnelby, Lvl 10 (Calm)

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • don't worry, every yamper you release is one more for my army

Years
  • hello i didn't have any time to play on Saturday but I played a bit on Sunday!! an update is forthcoming lovez x

(posting this so i can hold myself accountable)

Back