• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokemon Breeding Game?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I don't know what category to put this in.

Anyway, with breeding being such a beloved mechanic as it is, do you think we'll ever see a spinoff game primarily focused on breeding? You know, kind of like the Run Factory series, in a way, where you can either farm or battle?

If a Pokémon game, that primarily focused on breeding/raising baby/newborn Pokémon, would you play it? Do you think it'd be a successful spinoff?

Last edited:
    Years
  • This... is actually a really interesting concept in theory, but I'm not sure how it'd go about in actual execution. I can see this being a thing if it was more tied to the main series games where you would have a higher chance of getting either a shiny or a perfect IV'd Pokemon if you were to breed in this separate game vs breeding in the main series games.

But that's just throwing stuff out there.

Years
  • As much as it actually kind of bothers me to say it, I think that something like this would be a perfect mobile game that connects to a mainline game. It reminds me of something like Magikarp Jump, where you start with the weak, low leveled ones, and as you progress through the game, you start coming across stronger and stronger Magikarp, including ones with rare and unique patterns. I could see a potential game like this where over time, the Pokemon you hatch start to have better IVs, hidden abilities, egg moves, etc., and the likelihood of getting shiny Pokemon goes up as well.

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    not too sure how likely it'd be to actually be made (although i haven't been that into pokémon recently, especially the most recent games, so i have no clue where they're headed tbh lol), but i would absolutely love it. not exactly relevant, but i've also always wanted a game to do with pokémon contests and i feel like the two could potentially fit together quite well

Stumpy.

[b][i][color=#330033][font="Lobster Two]The Lone P
    Years
  • As much as it actually kind of bothers me to say it, I think that something like this would be a perfect mobile game that connects to a mainline game.

I second the notion of this being a perfect mobile game. Although I feel as though it would get stale after awhile, if they could somehow connect to a mainline game, I definitely think a breeding game like this would become decently popular.

Years
  • Well we'd finally learn where the eggs come from! :laugh-squinted:

But for real, that is a neat concept and it could work like the Pokemon Go and Lets Go tie in or even the Pokemon Ranger where you can get a special egg for the main series. Just some thoughts though.

Back