• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Hidesprites upon entering never work..

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2021
    Hello, I'd want to know hiding the sprites with hidesprite command. This was the script I was trying to make as I enter the door, stepped outside.. And now I want to keep the sprite 0x2 hidden until I finished fighting two Pokemons.

This is my script and then, I tried placing it in Advance Map via Map Scripts, an event script in the entrance, but as I go through to the destination where my battle awaits, the sprite keeps on showing up..and it doesn't hide..

The script to hide sprite 0x2

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    hidesprite 0x2
    hidesprite 0x3F
    end

In terms of showing up, I only set Kyogre that contains a showsprite command where the sprite I hide is in the location I placed him. But what am I trying to do is that, I'd want to keep the sprite 0x2 hidden, until I beaten sprite 0x0 which is Groudon and 0x1 which is Kyogre..

The rest script of 0x2 sprite is up to me.

But you know, I'd only want to keep sprite 0x2 hidden until I beaten both Kyogre and Groudon and the rest is just up to me..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @James Emerald

You don't hide sprites permanently with the hidesprite command. You only use that command if you want to hide a sprite during script execution. Instead, you need to use flags and variables. You should probably check out Anthroyd's Video tutorial on that subject;)

Back