• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Netflix pulls the plug on 'House of Cards' after Spacey allegations

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • Media Rights Capital and Netflix are deeply troubled by last night?s news concerning Kevin Spacey. In response to last night?s revelations, executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported. As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time."

- Media Rights Capital & Netflix in a joint statement released today

(Read more)

Netflix has decided to cancel 'House of Cards' following the Spacey allegations, though sources have claimed that the decision was made months ago following declining ratings for the show's 5th season.

The 6th season of 'House of Cards', which is currently in production, will be its last, set to air sometime in 2018.

The decision also comes after Spacey was widely criticised for responding to the allegations by coming out as gay.

What are your thoughts on this?

To be honest to me this seems like a neither here nor there decision. It was already on decline and set to be axed anyway, and this announcement seems like a statement that reads "what he did was awful and we cannot support him BUT we'll have one more season" - I feel a much stronger statement would be to not have the 6th season at all. Though I do think that some action is definitely better than taking no action at all.

Years
  • As far as I know they had planned to finish up with the 6th season anyway, they just announced it now in light of the allegations. Tbh it seems to me that Netflix just wants to look like they're doing something about it.

Years
  • Shame to see one of Netflix's most popular shows go, but as the ratings showed maybe it was the right time to end it anyway. 6 seasons is still a good run though.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Holy shit. I'm not surprised at Netflix not wanting to associate themselves with that guy anymore, but I am sincerely surprised that Rapp's story blew up. I was wholly convinced the mainstream media would push his story away as fabricated or whatever, but I guess Spacey responding to it was the sign that it was true.

Speaking about his response, that was just super weird. I didn't know what to think after reading that.

Back