• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This is my first game and i wanna know somethings!

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    I just started to make a pokemon game and I wanted to know how to do stuff like.....
    • How to make a wiki for the game
    • How do i get my game out there
    • Making my own website
    • Scripting
    • How to make custom sprites
    Please it would help so much

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Well, Wikia let's you make wikis so you could use that. (Mind you that I've never created one.)

When it comes to getting your game out, well, what's wrong with our Progressing games and Games Showcase. Posting in the Showcase threads also gets attention. Plus, you can make a banner for your game and stick that in your signature.

Website design is a bit bigger, but doable, though I don't know of any places to host it. But check out W3Schools, they have great tutorials and references on all things websites. (You probably only need HTML, CSS, and maybe some JavaScript.)

Scripting is a bit tough for me to explain because it's pretty different depending on what your working with. Assuming Pokemon Essentials, Scripting is done in Ruby. Codecademy, Tutorialspoint, and RubyLearning are good places to start. And you should try reading the code already there and try to understand what it does. That really helped me.

Finally sprites. This really depends on the style of sprites you're going for. Each generation has different styles for both battle and overworld sprites. Default essentials looks like Firered/Leafgreen, so I would recommend Chesu's Spriting tutorials. Of course, just as with scripting, take a look at the other sprites in the same generation to get the feel for how they are put together.

Back